Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mindblast posted:

Got my new run into act 2. From what I get I could immediately jump into PL but there's some extra stuff if I make friends with Panam, Judy, Kerry and River.

How do people feel about them? Worth setting all of that up or could I just dive headfirst into PL without care.
You have to get through the VDB stuff first which is going to require some time and giggin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Actually there's a bit early on in PL with Johnny that I find very interesting. Johnny is talking to you and someone puts a gun to your back, eyes forward. You can ask Johnny what the person looks like and despite talking and looking straight at you Johnny says "I don't fuckin' know, I only see what you see."

It adds a new layer to the V/Johnny dynamic and calls back to the question of who is guiding who inside V's body. If Johnny can only see what V sees then anytime Johnny offers up an insight or observes something you might have missed on a scan it calls into question if V is truly in control of themselves and if Johnny is just a visual manifestation of your (drunken drug addled angry) conscience or if the construct is unconsciously affecting your judgement and guiding you along.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

Actually there's a bit early on in PL with Johnny that I find very interesting. Johnny is talking to you and someone puts a gun to your back, eyes forward. You can ask Johnny what the person looks like and despite talking and looking straight at you Johnny says "I don't fuckin' know, I only see what you see."

It adds a new layer to the V/Johnny dynamic and calls back to the question of who is guiding who inside V's body. If Johnny can only see what V sees then anytime Johnny offers up an insight or observes something you might have missed on a scan it calls into question if V is truly in control of themselves and if Johnny is just a visual manifestation of your (drunken drug addled angry) conscience or if the construct is unconsciously affecting your judgement and guiding you along.
I recently got through the BD editor segment in Part 1 and I imagine this is more a limitation of the body and the sensory situation. Johnny might be able to access *everything* V senses, including the things V doesn't really register consciously, which would allow him to do things like spot out the cat -- your senses are detecting the cat, it's just that your mind doesn't go 'yes, cat'

But you don't have eyes in the back of your head.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Nessus posted:

But you don't have eyes in the back of your head.

Oddly, not available as cyberware.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Regarding the dynamic duo responses: :smith:

The more I play this expansion the less I trust anyone involved and would probably rather just kill them all. Especially if it is true Reed killed those 2 bros :colbert:.

Also, I cannot give up the Divided We Stand. It might not be "as good" as the Ying, but just covering the battlefield with a giant poison cloud is just so satisfying.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Tirranek posted:

Just did the Songbird ending. Still emotionally scooped out after that, but drat that was powerful. One of the things that really surprised me was how genuinely unsettling it was during the big fight at the control tower. You're getting swarmed by mega-goons left and right but when they start bashing at the windows to try and stop you you realise they're desperate and terrified. It honestly felt like something out of Evangelion. I also thought it was cool that you could play V as being the one to lean on during a crisis. After playing the main story through so many times, where V is doing whatever they can to look for help, it's kind of awesome to be Songbird's Panam for a change, even if the circumstances surrounding it are messed up.

And absolutely. Dipping in to start off some of the world events might be a good idea, but leaving the rest for later in the game probably works better tonally.

That was the route I took. It was disturbing to unleash Blackwall at people and watch them writhe around, it was the first doubt I had that I had taken the right path, like maybe I shouldn't just be letting this woman be free.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mindblast posted:

Got my new run into act 2. From what I get I could immediately jump into PL but there's some extra stuff if I make friends with Panam, Judy, Kerry and River.

How do people feel about them? Worth setting all of that up or could I just dive headfirst into PL without care.

River puts tomatoes in Jambalaya, he cannot be trusted.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mindblast posted:

ok, the best, kerry who????, cop

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kerry is hilarious on multiple levels, definitely do him

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Kerry rules

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Nucular Carmul posted:

That was the route I took. It was disturbing to unleash Blackwall at people and watch them writhe around, it was the first doubt I had that I had taken the right path, like maybe I shouldn't just be letting this woman be free.

Yeah, unsettling as far as Gravity Gun moments go. But it was one of those moments where it felt like I was past the point of no return, even when the game explicitly gives you chances to back out. Really impressive stuff, I thought.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Horace Kinch posted:

If you go to his room you can see that his "old Ward family recipe" is something he pulled up from a search on his laptop. If you're playing a Male V it's just funny, if you're playing a Fem V it's funny and also kinda cringey which falls in line with his rather embarrassing attempts to flirt and impress.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Oddly, not available as cyberware.
You'd think a backup cam would be useful or could come through a smartlink into a car, honestly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nucular Carmul posted:

Yeah shes a monster tbh. Also, a liar!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah shes a monster tbh. Also, a liar!

Yeah. like I totally get why she's a self interested person willing to kill everyone and anyone if it means she gets what she wants, and I like that about the character but it is funny seeing how many people seemed to get suckered in by her and think she was ever going to help V.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i havent gotten to the big reveal yet but seems pretty clear to me from the jump songbird's an engram, an ai, or both

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah. like I totally get why she's a self interested person willing to kill everyone and anyone if it means she gets what she wants, and I like that about the character but it is funny seeing how many people seemed to get suckered in by her and think she was ever going to help V.

I really like how when that's revealed, the game let's you decide not only what you want to do but also how you take it. There's a lot of room for expression there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One of the lines V can say if you send her to the moon is V commenting on how many people had to die to save a single life and whether that cost was too high. That's a question V has to grapple with themselves when it comes to the endings for the game. Is saving your own life worth destroying others in the process and can you justify every awful sin you commit for the sake of survival?

It's a great moral conundrum and one of the best parts of the DLC because it puts V in the same shoes that your allies fill in the basegame endings. If it's still worth it to save Songbird after all she did and what it cost, is it the same for V? If V is the disposable piece in Songbird's game, what does that make Panam, or Rogue, or even Goro? What does that make Johnny?

Is any of it worth the price.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Horace Kinch posted:

That's just creole jamb, not that weird.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Mindblast posted:

Yeah, I have the same question. I just started the post-Jacob and Taylor portion of PL, is it too late to get the fun reactivity with these NPCs or other quests?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Blue tier Sonic Shock works too and you don’t need to queue the follow-ups. Everything will be untraceable on that person afterwards. It might be unintentional, because it’s cheaper than Memory Wipe.

Purple tier Sonic Shock making it so people next to you don't notice you go down with a serious combat hack attack is way beyond OP and kinda fucks up my ~fragile immersion~.

It's like the whistle ability in Horizon ZD. Aimed whistling that lets you pull anyone to you, even if they're on the other side of 10 enemies. Game was much more fun when I restricted myself to throwing rocks which have an actual sound propagation simulation because loving up meant you had to go loud and deal with the chaos.

Bait and Memory Wipe in this game feel more reasonable than Sonic Shock, which last I think exists as an option to balance out the difficulty some.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Sonic shock should make it so that the affected person doesn't notice others going down, not that it isolates them from the network.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, that would be cooler.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm guessing Sonic Shock working the way it does is an oversight, because there's no reason to have two hacks with very similar functionality except one is considerably cheaper.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I feel like I don't quite "get" the hacking perks. Other than taking the central ones that unlock all the other ones on that tier, which ones actually have the most bang for the buck? They mostly seem like either trivial bonuses or oddly specific poo poo. Are some of them stronger than they look or am I missing something else?

Left tree is mostly to get more queue depth and then bonuses to various combos of quickhacks. In general, quickhacks are all about combos and sequencing now - much more active than pre-2.0. The left is only really useful if you're going very combat hack/pure netrunner. I took the first 2 perks in the smart weapons build, for the detect access points feature and because it's convenient to be able to queue 2 hacks instead of microing and tracking each live hack for when you can do another.

The middle tree is quite cool if you're doing smart weapons. Overclock is a cool idea with obvious perk synergy with smart weapons in the cap abilities, but also for what it can do for your healing. There's a perk that makes RAM regen also regen health, so when I'm in the thick of combat I'm motivated to dump RAM by doing control quickhacks and then go into Overclock for faster smart weapon locks, but also for much faster healing. Any quickhack perks that restore ram now restore your health - read that it's 10 health per RAM slot.

I've maxed the middle and right trees, though not taking all of the sub-perks attached to each level.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

I'm 2k posts behind but dropping in to say 2 important things before I reset my readcount.

ONE
Oda at the parade is loving bugged, if you reload from the autosave mid disconnection of the netrunner he is near unbeatable. Can oneshot you with his smartgun where as if you load a save even 10 seconds before the cutscene (or fight him the first time) only chips away at your health. His melee does more damage too, it sucks. Be sure to load a save before the cutscene if he beats you first go.

TWO

This is good advice. I think there is some cyberwear you can get at lv10 to 20 that you can't get at 40+. You will want to upgrade it if it's a good part of your build.

Which cyberware can you get in the 10-20 range that you can't get in the 40's? I'm there now so might just grab it incase I want to fit it into my build later.

Also, does anyone know which mod breaks down junk you get below a certain value automatically? Or all junk even. I saw someone mention it earlier but I can't find one for 2.0

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Arc Hammer posted:

how the hell are you supposed to beat Hansen? I think I may abandon this replay and just do the So Mi goes to the Moon ending.

Wait you're fighting him? Is that what happens if you(PL spoilers) choose Reed over So Mi?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

theblackw0lf posted:

Wait you're fighting him? Is that what happens if you(PL spoilers) choose Reed over So Mi?

Yep!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm NC's greatest netrunner

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You can ask Reed and he gives a vaguely ominous "they're taken care of, don't worry" response

Yes, that can be read very ambiguously.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 2, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rinkles posted:

Blue tier Sonic Shock works too and you don’t need to queue the follow-ups. Everything will be untraceable on that person afterwards. It might be unintentional, because it’s cheaper than Memory Wipe.

That's good to know. I think you tend to find it before you get Memory Wipe too, but that might just be RNG.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone figured out what causes this silvery sheen in very specific circumstances? I don't have path tracing on or ray reconstruction hacked in (3080).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did anyone else run into a bug where Reed has his pistol in his hand at all times. Took me a while to notice it wasn't intentional since it isn't properly fixed into his palm when he does hand movements for cutscenes lol.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone figured out what causes this silvery sheen in very specific circumstances? I don't have path tracing on or ray reconstruction hacked in (3080).

It's been a bug since patch 1.63 and only appears in certain lighting conditions around dawn or sunset. Not sure if CDPR has mentioned it in any patch notes.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I had it during that same mission yesterday, yeah it's weird and intermittent

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It comes from ray traced reflections, so you can turn that off if you want to get rid of it during those moments

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nucular Carmul posted:

Funny, I did the other route and the thing I took away from it is I just handed her back to the NUS where they're gonna keep using her to gently caress around with the blackwall and honestly that's probably even worse than letting her go free. I really appreciate how they give you this rather sympathetic introduction to myers when you're both Escaping from DogTown but when you see her again it is immediately obvious how slimy she and the NUS are

Hammerstein posted:

I was wondering the same and I would not be surprised if Reed or the FIA simply murdered them off screen. Maybe we find their corpses in some locker, like Arnold found the other candidates in Running Man.

Lmao, funny that I had a shocked negative reaction to (end of DLC stuff) Reed and Alex wasting the twins immediately right before I go on the next op where I obliterate 500 BARGHEST. I guess it's because Aurore was a pretty lady and I'm shallow

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did anyone else run into a bug where Reed has his pistol in his hand at all times. Took me a while to notice it wasn't intentional since it isn't properly fixed into his palm when he does hand movements for cutscenes lol.

had it happen for jackie but not reed yet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i spent more time last weekend modding, as in attempting to write mods for, not installing. youd be better off waiting a month or so because 2.0 not only broke all the mods but all the mods those mods were dependent on. that said it seems you could crack this drat thing wide open if you wanted.

is there any interest in a cyberpunk modding thread for both installing mods and making them?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

UP AND ADAM posted:

It comes from ray traced reflections, so you can turn that off if you want to get rid of it during those moments

And get a big FPS boost in the process. But the RT reflections look incredible elsewhere and screenspace reflections don't hold a candle to them so it's a tough choice.

Al! posted:

is there any interest in a cyberpunk modding thread for both installing mods and making them?

I'd be interested in a modding thread. It's not as extensive as some of the crazier Gamebryo modding adventures I've been on but Cyberpunk is surprisingly mod-friendly for how big and detailed it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

I’m really enjoying this game now, wow. The city just feels that much more alive somehow? Did that change with 2.0?

It’s immersive.

I started from scratch after stopping after about 3 hours.

The only thing I’m having trouble with are the upgrades and the cyber upgrades etc. When I go to a ripperdock I’ve got no idea what to buy or upgrade. It seems a lot. Maybe I should try reading everything more slowly lol.