Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bobby Slowik is about to get shortlisted for HC opportunities. A Shanahan acolyte who clearly understands how to make the system work is basically a ticket to a functioning NFL offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shindragon posted:

Chiefs are frauds

https://twitter.com/BadSportsRefs/status/1708679868630630438

Gotta love when the refs swallow a whistle on a very blatant rear end holding.

While that was infuriating to watch live it was a solid strategy by the tackle. The Chiefs had just been flagged for an egregious hold the down before. That garbage Oline is just daring the refs to call it.

This might be the smoothest pass I've ever seen. Effortless form leading to the perfect placement. The WR doesn't even catch it. The ball simply arrived in his hands.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stroud might have the yards but Richardson has more TDs in fewer quarters played.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This might be the smoothest pass I've ever seen. Effortless form leading to the perfect placement. The WR doesn't even catch it. The ball simply arrived in his hands.
hahah this is exactly what I said to a friend - "CJ threw it so well he gently placed the ball in the WRs hands thirty yards down the field".

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That's a beautiful pass, god drat. Stroud may be the exception that proves the rule on Ohio State QBs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
“Throws a catchable ball” is a real thing. Ask Tyreek!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Stroud plays the Broncos Dec 3 :getin:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As an ostensible Michigan fan in the college game, it's deeply ironic to me that the first Ohio State QB to lose multiple starts to Michigan since before 9/11 appears to be the first one in that timeframe to actually do anything in the pro game. I've been watching the Terrelle Pryors of the world ruin my poo poo for 20 years and then vanish into the mists of time, and then Michigan clowned on this guy twice and suddenly he's lighting the league up (through only four games, tbf)

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Stroud might have the yards but Richardson has more TDs in fewer quarters played.

Cope Dependent Poster

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a neat cape posted:

Also the Chargers fanbase is also not racist because they do not exist

don't sell yourself short like that ross you exist

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

i am a moron posted:

This team literally just said gently caress the whole season after Rodgers went down. Fire Salah and sign literally any other QB than wilson lmao

I don't know how this is the take here after last night. We've got a whole lot of whining about refs robbing the game going on, Zach actually looked good for a little while. That defense has never stopped playing. Forced or not Mahomes had his first actually bad game in quite a while where the problems were him and not other things.

I don't expect it to end well of course, but they haven't quit just yet.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Jets played yesterday like it was their Super Bowl. They haven’t quit.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can't find a comprehensive list, but I'm pretty sure that Roquan Smith might be the best mid-season trade the Ravens have ever made. I didn't watch much of him in Chicago but he is just astoundingly good. It's been a while since we've had this kind of elite elite off-ball linebacker play in Baltimore (Ray had lost a lot of speed by about 2010-2011), and it is so fun to watch because he's involved in so many plays. Pass coverage, blitz, sideline to sideline run support, he's everywhere. There is ZERO hesitation in his game. have a taste:

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/1708667303834096109

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

Jets played yesterday like it was their Super Bowl. They haven’t quit.
Its almost like if the OC calls plays that allow the QB to look like he's trying, the rest of the team feeds off the energy. If the OC is going to call "Dalvin Cook gets tackled in the backfield" followed by "Breece Hall for no gain" then a dumb poo poo obvious passing play on 3rd down" I wouldnt be trying very hard, either.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just don’t understand it. Miami could’ve traded for Roquan instead of Chubb. Just such a stupid stupid decision

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know how this is the take here after last night. We've got a whole lot of whining about refs robbing the game going on, Zach actually looked good for a little while. That defense has never stopped playing. Forced or not Mahomes had his first actually bad game in quite a while where the problems were him and not other things.

I don't expect it to end well of course, but they haven't quit just yet.

I’m just commenting on his general body language and seeming like he doesn’t give a poo poo. And Wilson being horrible

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shindragon posted:

Chiefs are frauds

https://twitter.com/BadSportsRefs/status/1708679868630630438

Gotta love when the refs swallow a whistle on a very blatant rear end holding.

It's not even a hold

https://twitter.com/bigduke50/status/1708872162579259841?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

AndrewP posted:

I can't find a comprehensive list, but I'm pretty sure that Roquan Smith might be the best mid-season trade the Ravens have ever made. I didn't watch much of him in Chicago but he is just astoundingly good. It's been a while since we've had this kind of elite elite off-ball linebacker play in Baltimore (Ray had lost a lot of speed by about 2010-2011), and it is so fun to watch because he's involved in so many plays. Pass coverage, blitz, sideline to sideline run support, he's everywhere. There is ZERO hesitation in his game. have a taste:

https://twitter.com/QBKlass/status/1708667303834096109

Another brilliant Ryan Poles success story!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1708884211833155828?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

i am a moron posted:

I’m just commenting on his general body language and seeming like he doesn’t give a poo poo. And Wilson being horrible

Are you talking about the guy who was so angry at the refs that it seemed like the very air around him was going to incandesce?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Freaquency posted:

Are you talking about the guy who was so angry at the refs that it seemed like the very air around him was going to incandesce?

I think they're talking about the guy who was so furious at the refs that he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the game had already ended.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i am a moron posted:

He gives a poo poo. He's just a bad coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What is especially wild about Stroud's numbers, to me, is that he threw for 306 yesterday.... on 16 completions. Behind a ramshackle OL throwing to WRs most people havent heard of.

Yeah turns out the guy who was the best player on the field when Ohio state went up against the eagles defense is actually really great and the S2 poo poo is complete bullshit.

Love my four foot tall qb in a pre merger offense who cried after the loss yesterday.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So just to recap for those that missed it, the hold on Sauce was in face a hold and the no-call on Donovan Smith was in fact not a hold, hope this helps clear things up for those of you who lost their loving minds last night.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, those tweets were hardly concrete evidence. From the wording to the source itself.

Sounds like he was saying the official whose job it was call that hold couldnt see it from that angle. Almost like it was a hold but its understandable he missed it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

So just to recap for those that missed it, the hold on Sauce was in face a hold and the no-call on Donovan Smith was in fact not a hold, hope this helps clear things up for those of you who lost their loving minds last night.

Counterpoint: gently caress u and gently caress the chiefs

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

Can’t believe the football cops are sticking up for the other football cops, never seen anything like that before

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That video clearly contradicts what he's posting though. He doesn't keep the defender in front of him, the defender is trying to yank away and is past him for a few steps. That's absolutely a hold man.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress u and gently caress the chiefs

thank you fat shamer

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Like it would be a lot less grating if you would just lean into “yeah we benefited from bad call/no call and it loving rules” instead of qq’ing about how no one respects the plucky upstart KC Chiefs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I trust Duke Mayweather when he says it’s not a hold, he has watched more OL than me probably, and also isn’t in the pocket of Taylor Swift & Roger Goodell

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The337th posted:

Cope Dependent Poster

Richardson is also 1-0 against Stroud!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Freaquency posted:

Like it would be a lot less grating if you would just lean into “yeah we benefited from bad call/no call and it loving rules” instead of qq’ing about how no one respects the plucky upstart KC Chiefs

What is qqing, and who is doing it in this thread?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was watching wrestling last night so I couldn't catch the game but it is very sad to see the haters and losers once again trying to ruin a well earned Chiefs victory with their poor sportsmanship. :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

lol the Johnson play was 100% a hold. GFTO

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freaquency posted:

I'm not really interested in being less grating

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm glad the Chiefs won because now I don't have to hear "well the Lions are 3-1, but they haven't beaten any winning teams" after the Seahawks (likely) drub the Giants tonight.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freaquency posted:

Can’t believe the football cops are sticking up for the other football cops, never seen anything like that before

Sauce Gardner: THAT'S NOT A HOLD

Donovan Smith: THAT'S A HOLD

anyone who disagrees with these viewpoints is FOOTBALL COPS

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Sauce play, I've seen that called before from the worst refs in the game. But they weren't calling that all game and the motherfucker literally waited until the Jets' DB picked the ball off to put his pudgy little bitch hand in his pocket and pull the flag to save the Chiefs the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I watched that pass live and was genuinely just stunned watching it. Absolutely beautifully executed pass from a dude on his 4th game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What is especially wild about Stroud's numbers, to me, is that he threw for 306 yesterday.... on 16 completions. Behind a ramshackle OL throwing to WRs most people havent heard of.

Carr had 23 completions for like 127 yards yesterday lol