Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Look at his tiny fat paws!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Strange behaviour for such a new club.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

man this is just depressing, wtf is wrong with people

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/02/judge-calls-actions-of-football-fan-who-mocked-death-of-boy-utterly-deplorable

quote:

A man has admitted the “utterly deplorable” mocking of Bradley Lowery, a young football mascot who died of a rare form of childhood cancer, at a football match against his favourite team.

Dale Houghton, 31, pleaded guilty to a public order offence at Sheffield magistrates court after an incident at Sheffield Wednesday’s clash with Sunderland on Friday.

Houghton, who was arrested on Saturday, could face prison for the crime, which angered and upset football fans.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You can get prison time in the UK for making a tasteless joke?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You can get prison time in the UK for mean tweets.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Sandwolf posted:

You can get prison time in the UK for making a tasteless joke?

these days they'll thrown you in prison just for speaking the english language op

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

When did this come in?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
When Banter Goes Bad

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
This sounds like one of those situations where you probably shouldn't go to jail for doing it but the people lining up to help you understand consequences shouldn't either

garanzia
Jun 8, 2004
Cliched as it may be, I can't think of a title. OH SHI

Thanks Ants posted:

When did this come in?

It started this season as a reaction to disaster chanting such as hillsborough, munich plane crash, bradford fire, leicester helecopter crash etc. There isnt any new legistlation, its applied under the public order act. They're probably going to get a fine under £500 and a 3-5 year banning order.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The BBC have posted his address though so his life will be ruined.

And/or his girlfriend/wife and kids, sadly.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

cant believe the nazis invented the skull and crossbones

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Breath Ray posted:

that specific version is very much the nazi one that the nazis invented

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I mean the Nazis didn't invent the swastika either

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Breath Ray posted:

:goofy:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They didn't invent the Roman salute either but nobody claims that people throwing that out in a crowd are just big history fans

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

They didn't invent the Roman salute either but nobody claims that people throwing that out in a crowd are just big history fans

He was just trying to signal the waiter!!!!!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pretty neat that Wayne Hennessy is a TRP poster

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

You know when I first saw that I assumed it was a pair of knobhead teenagers from Southey or something but it’s actually two grown men. Wtf.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Thanks Ants posted:

Paolo Di Canio can say this and he says it every day

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
My general assumption is that Rangers fans are Nazis or Nazi adjacent in their beliefs anyway

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
That or clip art has been compromised

Edit: clippy on a flag for Spurs that says "it looks like you want to be top 4 by Christmas, have you tried supporting city?" Has me giggling

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Paolo Di Canio can say this and he says it every day

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS TRIUMPH OF THE WILL etc.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

He was just trying to signal the waiter!!!!!

I excuse to post my all time favorite url:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/19/wayne-hennessey-is-desperate-to-learn-about-the-nazis-roy-hodgson-crystal-palace

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Former Barcelona star Alfonso Perez has been dropped by his hometown club for comments that revealed him to be a middle-aged Spanish man.

'Perez said female soccer players should not be paid as much as men because they do not generate as much income and media coverage.

'"Female football has evolved, but they have to keep their feet on the ground and know that in no sense can they be equated to a man footballer," he explained.'

In late news, Perez has been offered Dan Wootton's slot on GB News.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is that Dan's latest strategy for making his videos?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

it was only the small one

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Two Legia players arrested on team bus at AZ match; Riot cop left unconscious

https://nltimes.nl/2023/10/06/two-legia-players-arrested-team-bus-az-match-riot-cop-left-unconscious

Two Legia palyers got into a fight with the dutch riot police and were arrested after the game agains AZ yesterday lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1710265732754264120

tested pogsitive, time to pogtire

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is this the #pogboom

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Souness was right

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

c0burn posted:

Souness was right

let’s not get carried away here

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

nawilo_420 posted:

Two Legia players arrested on team bus at AZ match; Riot cop left unconscious

https://nltimes.nl/2023/10/06/two-legia-players-arrested-team-bus-az-match-riot-cop-left-unconscious

Two Legia palyers got into a fight with the dutch riot police and were arrested after the game agains AZ yesterday lol

Supposedly an AZ staff member was hospitalised with a concussion and a broken elbow. Meanwhile the Legia Warsaw chairman claimed that the man that was hospitalised instigated the fight, and acted like he was under the influence of drugs. Polish public prosecutors have announced that they'll be investigating how Dutch police handled the situation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

trem_two posted:

let’s not get carried away here

he always criticised pogba for not trying hard enough and that comes to not getting caught doping too

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TenFootballl/status/1710435025290699041

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

he always criticised pogba for not trying hard enough and that comes to not getting caught doping too

regarding the terrorist Graeme Souness. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Isn't doping pretty much trying too hard?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Masonity posted:

Isn't doping pretty much trying too hard?

Nah it’s giving up and using drugs to cheat and make it easier. There are studies showing people taking testosterone & not doing any training at all gaining more muscle in a month vs people not taking testosterone and following a weight training regime.

He’d be better off being on Ritalin based on his Man Utd performances.

He’s a permacrock at this point, career done regardless.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1712527335847567690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that paqueta inquiry went quiet real quick. be funny if west ham reported it knowing it would go nowhere, just to scupper his transfer