Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he doesn't miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

:wtc: It's real. He is actually trying to post through the embarrassment that is the Cybertruck.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's welcome the queen of the internet, Tila Tequila, to #X

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Let's welcome the queen of the internet, Tila Tequila, to #X

Isn't she a hardcore Nazi now? It would make sense

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
She sadly contracted nazism after a TBI, many such cases

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vampire Panties posted:

Isn't she a hardcore Nazi now? It would make sense

Yes, and a religious nut of some sort, iirc

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Aramis posted:

:wtc: It's real. He is actually trying to post through the embarrassment that is the Cybertruck.

Jesus, I didn’t even notice it was posted by him, I glossed over it and assumed it was someone taking the piss. Why is he like this?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Scientastic posted:

Jesus, I didn’t even notice it was posted by him, I glossed over it and assumed it was someone taking the piss. Why is he like this?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Scientastic posted:

That's the kind of posting that makes someone billions of dollars.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Legitimately curious who designed the cybertruck's front end. It's... so bad, even compared to other Tesla models. I used to work with a ton of product managers and designers that jumped ship from our auto company to Tesla back in the day, during their first or second recruiting round, so just absolute lmfao. I also absolutely hate the generations of cars those designers in question worked on, but that's neither here nor there.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mudlark posted:

Legitimately curious who designed the cybertruck's front end. It's... so bad, even compared to other Tesla models. I used to work with a ton of product managers and designers that jumped ship from our auto company to Tesla back in the day, during their first or second recruiting round, so just absolute lmfao. I also absolutely hate the generations of cars those designers in question worked on, but that's neither here nor there.

Elon did, that car is 100% his pet project

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the cybertruck is good, actually

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Next you’re gonna ask whose idea it was to make a stainless steel rocket that looks like it was pulled out of a gym bag

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cope

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

Next you’re gonna ask whose idea it was to make a stainless steel rocket that looks like it was pulled out of a gym bag

Georges Remi???

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Cybertrukkk is a great car
For a clown to drive
To the circus
Idiot

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mudlark posted:

the cybertruck is elon's little plaything to keep him distracted from the other stuff - it's not actually meant to go wide release.

same thing with his water tower rocket thing it's not actually a thing.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

instead of performance improvement plans for poor performing peers, people are punished purely by having to work on elon's pet projects

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

Elon did, that car is 100% his pet project

That must be why the truckbed is all shrunken and there are weird diagonal panels making the truck much less useful for hauling and much better at having big metal sheets that are gonna get scratched to gently caress

Because of the brilliant billionaire boy genius

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Slotducks posted:

the cybertruck is elon's little plaything to keep him distracted from the other stuff - it's not actually meant to go wide release.

same thing with his water tower rocket thing it's not actually a thing.

I've got a wide release for Musk it is fart gas from my butt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Songbearer posted:

Goldmine.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

rotinaj posted:

That must be why the truckbed is all shrunken and there are weird diagonal panels making the truck much less useful for hauling and much better at having big metal sheets that are gonna get scratched to gently caress

none of the incompetency of the design of any other Tesla even comes close to comparing to the absolute shitshow of general unusability + ugly + lack of any utility of a car or truck + stainless body panels of the cybertruck

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

webcams for christ posted:

quote:

cyb3rgam3r420

Ugh... he really is mentally 12 isn't he?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Songbearer posted:

That is treason johnny

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

rotinaj posted:

The weird bedwall shape and tonneau cover have some pretty big aerodynamic advantages, but completely destroy the utility of the truck, it's also a unit body, so you can't swap on anything more utilitous. So it's a mall crawler, pretty prefect for the US market tbf.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

none of the incompetency of the design of any other Tesla even comes close to comparing to the absolute shitshow of general unusability + ugly + lack of any utility of a car or truck + stainless body panels of the cybertruck

Pulling a bunch of cinder blocks out of the bed of the cybertruck looks like it might genuinely cause injury. I can't immediately tell how I'd do it from looking at the pictures.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

Pulling a bunch of cinder blocks out of the bed of the cybertruck looks like it might genuinely cause injury. I can't immediately tell how I'd do it from looking at the pictures.

By hiring someone to do it in a ‘99 GMC Sierra or something, you wouldn’t sully a cybertruck with “work”

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

It's funny to watch people get mad, actually,

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Paris Hilton X videos

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Escape Goat posted:

Paris Hilton X videos

🤣🤣🤣🤣

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Rather smart to build a car out of stainless steel. It won’t rust.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

By hiring someone to do it in a ‘99 GMC Sierra or something, you wouldn’t sully a cybertruck with “work”

buncha dudes in the Central Valley will be buying them to shove 40" tires on them and they will never go off pavement.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

holy lol its from him, what a loser

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Rolling with the punches, only because it's Elon there's a whole load of seething behind that post

I bet we'll see it completely remodelled now he's hit the point of "haha i was just joking about its dumb design :elon::elon::elon:" levels of copetanium

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Dokapon Findom posted:

Rather smart to build a car out of stainless steel. It won’t rust.

Stainless steel is just steel with nickel/chromium/molybendium in it. None of those mix uniformly throughout the steel, so v. frequently "stainless" steel will get spots of rust where the nickel didn't mix correctly (boat people could write a novel about that)

Also you have to do every bit of steel. IIRC Delorean electroplated the stainless steel interior, but they certaintly did not apply any rust protection to the underbody or frame

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

buncha dudes in the Central Valley will be buying them to shove 40" tires on them and they will never go off pavement.

the entire car is non-standard if it's anything like any other Tesla, it's going to take years to design commercial lift kits for them

that's why most tesla mods outside bumpers are garage poo poo

MrQwerty has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Oct 2, 2023

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Tiny Timbs posted:

Probably the same genius who came up with the kegerator to save the cave children.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Vampire Panties posted:

Stainless steel is just steel with nickel/chromium/molybendium in it. None of those mix uniformly throughout the steel, so v. frequently "stainless" steel will get spots of rust where the nickel didn't mix correctly (boat people could write a novel about that)

Also you have to do every bit of steel. IIRC Delorean electroplated the stainless steel interior, but they certaintly did not apply any rust protection to the underbody or frame

Yeah, but the cyber truck has cold rolled steel :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They're using 301 stainless steel, which has higher tensile strength but lower corrosion resistance compared to 304 and 316. The Delorean has 304. I'm curious how it'll do during an actual winter