Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Panderfringe posted:

I reject learning lessons from my failures and will instead say terrible things to strangers who are forced to hear my voice

Now that's the heart of an Earthrealm Champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

I reject learning lessons from my failures and will instead say terrible things to strangers who are forced to hear my voice

Ah, so you're a scorpion player.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Regrettable posted:

Ah, so you're a scorpion player.

I KNOW scorpion can do some sick poo poo. I just keep running into scorpion players who stay as far away as possible and only fish for hits with the rope, use that really long trip, or the death spin or whatever it's called. Sometimes they try and teleport, or immediately close to try and crouch jab me to death. And that's it. They always quit after losing a round. I don't understand what they're getting out of this.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Help I have installed this game and proceeded to do a lot of Geras/Cyrax playing. Invasions went okay (why tf everyone got super armor), then MP kicked my rear end proper.

Kombos I know how to Dial (and hopefully dial before brain says mash): 1-2-2-Throw, Forward 1-2-Throw, Forward 2-4-2, Forward 4-4-Aerial 2-1-Throw.

Since this allows me to queue up button inputs I guess, any pointers? I think Smoke is my worst matchup so far- and that's after I remember to Block.

And also how the gently caress do I pull off some of these Brutalities? I got 4/6 of Geras's, but one requires me to be in the korner, while the other two require me to get the Final Hit on certain moves?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

widespread posted:

Help I have installed this game and proceeded to do a lot of Geras/Cyrax playing. Invasions went okay (why tf everyone got super armor), then MP kicked my rear end proper.

Kombos I know how to Dial (and hopefully dial before brain says mash): 1-2-2-Throw, Forward 1-2-Throw, Forward 2-4-2, Forward 4-4-Aerial 2-1-Throw.

Since this allows me to queue up button inputs I guess, any pointers? I think Smoke is my worst matchup so far- and that's after I remember to Block.

And also how the gently caress do I pull off some of these Brutalities? I got 4/6 of Geras's, but one requires me to be in the korner, while the other two require me to get the Final Hit on certain moves?

If you can't even remember to block my advice to you right now is to go to the regular towers, pick the middle one or a longer one, and put the game on the hardest difficulty. Play that until you can consistently win your fights. It won't teach you everything you need to know but it will teach you a lot of it. The AI can do some dumb stuff sometimes like walking into Lao low hat but it input reads like a motherfucker in MK games, especially on the harder difficulties. So, if you do something the CPU knows what it is immediately and will try to do what it thinks is the best option to beat it. This will help you learn not only what a lot of your safest options are in different situations but also your matchups and which options your opponents might pick if they read what you're trying to do. It's not perfect but it should give you a good base to start from.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I don't know if it's been posted, but I saw a YouTube video of a dataminer having found the script for the endings to Quan Chi, Ermac, Peacemaker and Omni-Man.
So if you are out there beware of it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Agoat posted:

Also I wanted to ask y'all, are you guys getting matches against people with zero game sense but then absolutely massive combos? I'm literally sweeping people like 10 times in a row then watch them put out massive damage without ever dropping it.

Not salt (I'm winning most of these), I'm just REALLY confused.

These people are youtube yutzes who look up the biggest combos to stomp n00bs with, without bothering to learn the fundamentals at all.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Edit: this isnt the place to discuss big bird

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

X JAKK posted:

Edit: this isnt the place to discuss big bird

Coming in Kombat Pack 2!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I’d like to live in a world where Big Bird decapitating John Cena is possible.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I’d like to live in a world where Big Bird decapitating John Cena is possible.

... has Big Bird's VA voiced a psychotic superhero before? Maybe there's a chance.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I personally never learned anything playing even against the hardest AI. They just don't behave like a player would. Spend some time in tutorial and practice mode, then go straight online. Yes, you will lose, a lot. But you will also learn.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

widespread posted:

... has Big Bird's VA voiced a psychotic superhero before? Maybe there's a chance.

Howdy! Would you like to go the Elder God farm and pick-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQiQ1pVlN8&t=32s

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

I personally never learned anything playing even against the hardest AI. They just don't behave like a player would. Spend some time in tutorial and practice mode, then go straight online. Yes, you will lose, a lot. But you will also learn.

Well, apparently you already know how to block and stop just mashing buttons then.

e: Sorry, that was maybe a little harsh. I barely got any sleep last night so I'm cranky.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 2, 2023

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I know dataminers have probably leaked the likely KP2 kharacters, but I thought it'd be fun to consider the funniest picks they could semi-plausibly make.

MK kharacters:
Taven
Daegon
Blaze

It's an Armageddon-themed pack to go with the pyramid from the story mode!

Guests:
Leprechaun (default skin is the In Da Hood version)
The Mask (comic version, but still voiced by Jim Carrey)
Jon Moxley (WBD brand synergy, he can finally live his dream and have blood in every match)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

maruhkati posted:

I know dataminers have probably leaked the likely KP2 kharacters, but I thought it'd be fun to consider the funniest picks they could semi-plausibly make.

MK kharacters:
Taven
Daegon
Blaze

It's an Armageddon-themed pack to go with the pyramid from the story mode!

Guests:
Leprechaun (default skin is the In Da Hood version)
The Mask (comic version, but still voiced by Jim Carrey)
Jon Moxley (WBD brand synergy, he can finally live his dream and have blood in every match)

I was low-key hoping for Taven to be that 24th character slot, especially with how prominent Edianian's were in the story. Though Daegon is fine to remain that completely forgotten character from that game.

But to follow up on your idea, here is a few kameos from the 3D era that I think would be cool too:
Hotaru
Dhramin
Onaga
Blaze
Havik (just to keep with the apparent theme of 1 dlc kameo per pack being a kameo of a playable character)

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
TBH I'm just posting some sickos.jpg picks - they'd be hilarious but not the ones I'd pick. Controversial, but I think this game has enough 3D-era Glup Shittos in it as it is.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Honestly, if they can secure the ability to, I'm hoping for Hydro and Pantherk as a future Kombat Pack.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Hsu Hao should come back and be super badass

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Aqua for KP2 or riot

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Unbound posted:

I was low-key hoping for Taven to be that 24th character slot, especially with how prominent Edianian's were in the story. Though Daegon is fine to remain that completely forgotten character from that game.

But to follow up on your idea, here is a few kameos from the 3D era that I think would be cool too:
Hotaru
Dhramin
Onaga
Blaze
Havik (just to keep with the apparent theme of 1 dlc kameo per pack being a kameo of a playable character)

Let the bad Deception and Armageddon characters die please

Also lol Mavado. Bring back Mavado

What a dorky character

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Another update came out. No patch notes anywhere yet. Ingame notification only showed the previous changes.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

Another update came out. No patch notes anywhere yet. Ingame notification only showed the previous changes.

Might just be the P1 advantage fix then.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

TulliusCicero posted:

What a dorky character

I think Hotaru could actually be a great foil to Havik, both within (story spoilers) Liu Kang's Timeline as Havik is trying to upend the class system of Seido, as well as in Titan Havik's Timeline as one of the few people who would want to stop him.

Also, Mavado is a part of KP1 as a Kameo actually

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Fwiw Taven and Daegon is the name of an unlockable epic weapon skin for Tanya. They might very well be mythological figures in Liu Kang's timeline.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

DeadButDelicious posted:

Fwiw Taven and Daegon is the name of an unlockable epic weapon skin for Tanya. They might very well be mythological figures in Liu Kang's timeline.

Didn't Liu Kang see Taven beat Blaze before eventually dying again? He was at Armageddon's big fight as a zombie, was he not?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That white lady baby names meme except it's Taven, Daegon, Dairrou etc. crossed out on a blackboard.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

widespread posted:

Honestly, if they can secure the ability to, I'm hoping for Hydro and Pantherk as a future Kombat Pack.

Unfortunately, Malibu Comics is in legal limbo and is likely to stay that way. Not only does Marvel own the rights to all its IP, but Malibu's previous owner apparently complicated all the contracts to such an extent that Marvel's not willing to touch any of it.

Which is a shame, because both Gavok and I want to see the triumphant return of Bo, Johnny Cage's bodyguard, who is an Abrams tank in a black suit.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Just got a talisman that makes you fart a poison cloud with 1500% damage

E: what the gently caress, female characters wont do the farting animation, this is bullshit

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 2, 2023

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

X JAKK posted:

Just got a talisman that makes you fart a poison cloud with 1500% damage

Apparently that one is fantastic for the 18 floor seasonal tower.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Fart Talisman is great for just about anything. Mine has 8 charges and almost guarantees a flawless round on a ton of towers. Just hit it the instant the round starts.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Regrettable posted:

Fart Talisman is great for just about anything. Mine has 8 charges and almost guarantees a flawless round on a ton of towers. Just hit it the instant the round starts.

It really is overpowered. As long as you can make sure they stand in it for like three seconds the match is over.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

man nurse posted:

It really is overpowered. As long as you can make sure they stand in it for like three seconds the match is over.

Yea and just FYI you can push them into it or just stand at the edge and block

I used this to beat a lot of the nethergate battles cuz i was OVER the constant armor

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Unfortunately, Malibu Comics is in legal limbo and is likely to stay that way. Not only does Marvel own the rights to all its IP, but Malibu's previous owner apparently complicated all the contracts to such an extent that Marvel's not willing to touch any of it.

Which is a shame, because both Gavok and I want to see the triumphant return of Bo, Johnny Cage's bodyguard, who is an Abrams tank in a black suit.

Didn't Johnny reference that with Bob the servant that Sho-kan do just about everything?

Donnerberg posted:

Apparently that one is fantastic for the 18 floor seasonal tower.

Where the hell are these seasonal towers if not on the mesas you go to? Because I kinda wanna do them but so far I got like three-four level towers.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

widespread posted:

Where the hell are these seasonal towers if not on the mesas you go to? Because I kinda wanna do them but so far I got like three-four level towers.

The game will take you from mesa-to-mesa for the main, I dunno, 4? 5? mesas

But there are two additional mesas that you access from the mesa select screen. One is for training, one is for towers.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

What a dorky character

I maintain that Mavado would be pretty interesting in a 2D incarnation if they really leaned into his bungie cord hooks.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Sockser posted:

The game will take you from mesa-to-mesa for the main, I dunno, 4? 5? mesas

But there are two additional mesas that you access from the mesa select screen. One is for training, one is for towers.

Oh. I think I need to get far in the season if not outright beating the season Invasion. Only got the village unlocked so far.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Urethane posted:

as far as I can tell the different currencies are all exclusive to the shops you can use them on

gold koins are for the shrine
silver koins are for the seasonal shop
dragon krystals or whatever are your real money stand-in for the premium shop
aha thanks

So right now the premium shop has a Shang Tsung with microphone icon for 1000 premium kredits... I assume that's an announcer voice? Sounds rad, am I korrect in assuming there's no way to unlock that in-game? If that's the case, I know where these credits are going!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

As far as I know the only way to get the Shang announcer is with the dragon krystals. 1000 kombat dollars well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

widespread posted:

Oh. I think I need to get far in the season if not outright beating the season Invasion. Only got the village unlocked so far.

It's the center mesa. It should open by the time you get the festival mesa. No need to sweat it early on though. The seasonal tower is tuned for level 30.

It's the only tower on that mesa with a reward. Four red/orange skins with tats, that you can't get anywhere else. It's hard to tell them apart from the rest of the seasonal skins though.

Also, there's a tough TYM at the end of the tower that tends to get people. You still get the skins if you fail the TYM, but it skips the rewards screen. Easy to miss that you got them.