Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

On a team with Deebo Samuel, Aiyuk is the best receiver. Think about that.

Aiyuks skill as a receiver compliments Deebos skill as a runner. It's a dangerous combination for a team determined to establish the Run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chernabog posted:

Establishing the flight.

This is treacherous ground, friend. Do not forget the faces of your fathers.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

May the Seahawks establish the run tonight at the grounds of their greatest victory.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aiyuk... and also all the other receivers on the niners... are drat good at blocking. It's part of why the SF run game is so dominant. You might look at a Jauan Jennings and say he's just a guy, not a remarkable receiver at all, but I've seen him do some great blocking. I like what I'm seeing from Ronnie Bell but he's only gonna make it if he demonstrates he's committed to run blocking too. We'll see.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The most important skill for a WR is their ability to block.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Bell has been great for a rookie, he's stepped in pretty seamlessly whenever needed

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

establish the... block...?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The most important skill for a WR is their ability to block.

It's why we love bobo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

From the Book of OJ, verse 2:

He without the ball can still seek the Run
First he shall block so to allow the Run to proceed unharmed

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

brock purdy more like block pretty

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Niners have 1 turnover through 4 games.

They also only have 11 punts. Pretty good.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bell got on the field, we can safely assume that he's blocking in practice.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Blocking is fun when you establish the Run

Let linemen have fun. Ground and pound.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I know they lost in the NFC championship, but it's going to feel super weird when the 49ers lose because of normal things and not their QBs arm being ripped off.

Purdy had one incompletion, one!

Also Aiyuk is the best pure WR on the 49ers and its not close.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lose? Without injuries? Does that actually happen?

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
Just using the opportunity to post my favorite Aiyuk play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLG8ToGsQA8

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Just using the opportunity to post my favorite Aiyuk play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLG8ToGsQA8

So weird seeing Levi's with no fans in it. But yeah that's my favorite Aiyuk moment so far.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

love seeing jamal adams for 3 plays

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Waltzing Along posted:

Lose? Without injuries? Does that actually happen?

I've heard old timers from 2004 say so, but maybe they're suffering from dimentia

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy poo poo can we get to the loving bye already

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Benne posted:

Holy poo poo can we get to the loving bye already

I dunno we might need to accrue some more injuries first

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Forrest on Fire posted:

Blocking is fun when you establish the Run

Let linemen have fun. Ground and pound.

Bocking is for WRs too!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You guys, I think this Witherspoon kid might turn out alright

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sometimes it's fun to just beat up on a terrible team and watch their sad fans hit the exits early on national TV.

Good work Seahawks. Now ice the gently caress up these next two weeks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've never been so happy for an early week bye before.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hawks bitch

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

100% this. The injury gods want revenge for last season. Also, Witherspoon has gone from "this guy is a bit hit or miss" to " holy poo poo" really fast. The last time a Seahawk has become such a great Swiss Army knife on defense was Jamal Adams and... oh.

But also, the New York Football Giants are loving incredible garbage, so big grain of salt on how great the Seahawks defense was tonight. I'll take that win though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Seahawks have a fairly easy schedule the next 5 games: a collapsing Cininnati team, Arizona who are feisty but under talented, Cleveland who are a one side of the ball team, Baltimore is very good, Commanders are the kind of team that beats every bad team and loses to every good team. They might go into the rams rematch with 7 or 8 wins but then it gets loving ROUGH for the next 5, Rams Niners Cowboys Niners Eagles, oof.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

:yeah:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Excellent work, Seattle, for punishing Daniel Jones for daring to attempt a forward pass.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
just want to give a shout out to Andy Dickerson, turning an o line missing four starters into a serviceable unit against Dexter Lawrence and Kayvon Thibedeau. this team has seen some truly crap o line play under Carroll and it's been refreshing to see them improve at last

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Seahawks offense overall didn't do much given the opportunities they had, but maybe we'll give them a pass since they weren't really needed and Geno was hurt.
Thank goodness for the early bye. The injury report is pretty gross right now.

Benne posted:

You guys, I think this Witherspoon kid might turn out alright

That's good because JSN looks like a very high danger for ending up being a total bust.

shirts and skins posted:

just want to give a shout out to Andy Dickerson, turning an o line missing four starters into a serviceable unit against Dexter Lawrence and Kayvon Thibedeau. this team has seen some truly crap o line play under Carroll and it's been refreshing to see them improve at last

That's a great point. Line was ok-ish with 4 people out and no starter playing in their natural position. Has to be some combination of decent depth and/or coaching.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spoon 😍

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DancingMachine posted:

That's good because JSN looks like a very high danger for ending up being a total bust.

It has only been 4 games but yeah... he is not doing great. It's not that Bobo has the speed to take over for him, but as Niners fan apparently love, he at least has great blocking instincts that payoff. On that same topic, I have really turned around on Dissly because I think his offense fell off a cliff after his injuries but his blocking has been fantastic. He and Fant make a really unique TE duo that are interesting.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

seiferguy posted:

:same:

Great timing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
They're using JSN on the line of scrimmage, and for the most part Metcalf and Lockett and the TEs are still getting most of the targets. I'm not gonna worry too much, since often times WRs don't flourish till year 2, but his usage has been bad. I know Drew Lock had a few close attempts his way.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

I'm mad about this even if it's a good thing

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm mad about this even if it's a good thing

sportsfan.txt

DancingMachine posted:

he's what, the 4th receiving option after DK, Lockett, and Fant? give the guy some time and opportunity. I think he's more a "next year" investment.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

They keep using JSN on screens and LOS stuff. I just don't think they are using him right. I would like to see him over the middle where he can use his agility to get open. Feels like a Percy Harvin and Graham situation again where they do not adjust their game plan to the players skills. jsn on screens is just asking Graham to block 2023

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

sportsfan.txt

he's what, the 4th receiving option after DK, Lockett, and Fant? give the guy some time and opportunity. I think he's more a "next year" investment.

JSN was a highly acclaimed prospect and productive college player. Part of his appeal was that he was a “pro ready” prospect.

All offseason the Seahawks podcast/Twitter sphere kept hyping JSN and talking about how he’s gonna take the offense to the next level. JSN went to a team where the entire discourse was that the hawks were missing a reliable third weapon.

Two of the three teams that Seattle has beaten so far are candidates for among the worst teams in the league.

All of that combined makes the fact that JSN is getting outdone by Fant even more alarming.

Yeah, it’s only week 5 of his first season, but with the data we have so far it’s not looking good.