Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Bananana posted:

Even IF it started organically, it's deffo being signal boosted by publicists and managers now, in the name of profit.

It's this. It's not like it's a crazy idea that two famous people could be dating but it's getting all kinds of press because they're crossing into each other's arenas and I imagine there's not previously been a lot of cross pollination between Taylor Swift fans and football nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
I unironically think it's good that the NFL will use the opportunity to import fans from a vastly different demographic. There's still too much Dudely McBro Guy nonsense around the game, and swifties have their own sardonic take on things that, combined with the current NFL fanbase, should make for a nicely blended, mellow vintage.

Basically :sickos:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Swift initially turned Kelce down so it's definitely for fakesies but it's still fun so who cares. like honestly what is bad about it

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

indigi posted:

like honestly what is bad about it

A lot of men think anything that women--especially younger women--enjoy is automatically stupid and frivolous.

Fans of the National Football League failing to see the irony in this is exactly why I'm glad this is happening. Spending hundreds of hours a year watching tushy pushies and arguing about men's forearms is a stupid, pointless, and enjoyable waste of time. Just like any other fun thing that people like.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mind_Taker posted:

Ron Rivera is a huge coward for not going for 2 at the end.
Ron has lost the title "Riverboat". He's now plain old Ron again.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Ron Rivera is a huge coward for not going for 2 at the end.

I get why coaches chicken out on winning the game outright, but it seems like going for the win is an obviously better bet than overtime when we're just talking two-yards at the goal line.

The Eagles could go for two after every touchdown and likely succeed 75% of the time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

predicto posted:

This is both true and completely unrelated to euphronius’s babble about the entire league being scripted/fixed.

So you think it’s a coincidence State Farm and the chiefs has the same red color branding

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

euphronius posted:

So you think it’s a coincidence State Farm and the chiefs has the same red color branding

:freep:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also, what benefit is there for Taylor Swift to set this up? She is already wealthy beyond anything she could ever imagine and is capable of selling out massive stadiums worldwide. She doesn’t need the money or the PR. It doesn’t add up.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

are you color blind. it's PMS
186 vs PMS 485

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, what benefit is there for Taylor Swift to set this up? She is already wealthy beyond anything she could ever imagine and is capable of selling out massive stadiums worldwide. She doesn’t need the money or the PR. It doesn’t add up.

yeah that's one thing you can always say about ambitious people, they know when to stop

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
No one has ever gone back to a dude they initially rejected, it’s all a work you dumb marks!!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Number must go up in order to feel superior and complete. This applies to all super wealthy people not just celebrities

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

indigi posted:

yeah that's one thing you can always say about ambitious people, they know when to stop

wealthy people infamously check out and don't continue to run the score up, it's true

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Apparently Seahawks fans travel now???

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Quiet Feet posted:

It's this. It's not like it's a crazy idea that two famous people could be dating but it's getting all kinds of press because they're crossing into each other's arenas and I imagine there's not previously been a lot of cross pollination between Taylor Swift fans and football nerds.

Gotta build your brand in this day and age, my man. It loving sucks.

Advertising ruins almost every facet of our lives. It's just about ruined watching NFL for me because there are so many loving commercials. I watch far less than I used to. But marketing and sales pitches seem to be all we do or say.

Speaking of advertising, while I'm not a big fan of the gimmick broadcasting stuff, I gotta admit that the Toy Story thing the NFL did was pretty great and now I want an NFL Toy Story video game because that poo poo blew Madden away and I wanted to play it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude, I have some news for you about wealthy people, fame and the competitive nature of greed.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

predicto posted:

This is both true and completely unrelated to euphronius’s babble about the entire league being scripted/fixed.

I try not to engage with his more Imaginative posts

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Lol I posted before I got to this

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

they need to ban the tush push so the giants never try to do it again

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SmLuBCaPBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3GoTFh_JI

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants center dead ?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Haha lmao I was curious what AJ Brown did to get that very late taunting call at the end of the 4th and didn't see it here or anywhere so sorry if everyone know this already but I went and looked at the footage and what happened was after the TD catch the Commanders' corner took them both to the ground and while the corner was sitting down disappointed, AJ tossed the football right into the corner's lap as he got up and ran away. Ice fuckin cold disrespect :laugh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I tried to make a video showing it sorry i'm no video editor

https://i.imgur.com/68SqN2s.mp4

and here's the corner right afterwards definitely not shook by it :rip:

https://i.imgur.com/EiWgMEq.mp4

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 3, 2023

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't want to disrupt Zapruder above me but I think the only way I can survive is to go in full protest of the Daniel Jones lead Giants. Just full on root for their demise as long as he is on the team. There are lots of problems beyond him but he has the face that can carry all the hate.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

The Dave posted:

I don't want to disrupt Zapruder above me but I think the only way I can survive is to go in full protest of the Daniel Jones lead Giants. Just full on root for their demise as long as he is on the team. There are lots of problems beyond him but he has the face that can carry all the hate.

welcome, friend

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Giants are not a contender.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

beep by grandpa posted:

Haha lmao I was curious what AJ Brown did to get that very late taunting call at the end of the 4th and didn't see it here or anywhere so sorry if everyone know this already but I went and looked at the footage and what happened was after the TD catch the Commanders' corner took them both to the ground and while the corner was sitting down disappointed, AJ tossed the football right into the corner's lap as he got up and ran away. Ice fuckin cold disrespect :laugh:

They kept cutting to the DB crying on the bench and it was like…drat. He absolutely broke that guy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

The Giants are not a contender.

They are. For the #1 overall pick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The worst starting QB in the league by far

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If love to know what he’s looking for when he’s holding onto the ball for 3 beats longer then he should.

This dude almost set the rookie TD passing record. It’s like they coached him into playing scared.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I've tried my absolute damndest to try and look at the full picture and all the flaws to try and be semi-positive but I want to apologize to Doltos, he was always right, Daniel Jones just loving sucks rear end through a straw

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So did Mac Jones. He also had 19 fumbles and 12 INTs.

More rookies are going to set the passing record because its a pass heavy league.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

I've tried my absolute damndest to try and look at the full picture and all the flaws to try and be semi-positive but I want to apologize to Doltos, he was always right, Daniel Jones just loving sucks rear end through a straw

ty :)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Im sorry I ever argued with you

he cannot process anything at speed and so many of these pressures are his fault, if he threw the ball faster it would mitigate the drat rush but he's a loving dope

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

You can feel when he should have the ball out of his hand. And he never does. Evan Neal does not have a chance.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Giving up on danny dimes, tsk

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Give us an offer for Mariota

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

beep by grandpa posted:

If what AJ did was worth a taunting flag, the DB should have also been flagged for a late hit on the tackle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Giants schedule is brutal going forward, holy moly.