Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Diqnol posted:

Give us an offer for Mariota

We'd be better off just starting Tyrod and putting Jones at RB

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Caleb is a real possibility if this keeps up

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Honestly think we’d be better with DeVito out there. Not even kidding.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Daniel Jokes

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Way late but who gives a gently caress what some WR did to a CB after catching a TD on him

ah, I see we are already to the point ITT where anything anyone does is cool and good, so long as it’s done by Iggles.

It took until week nine last year to reach this point of self-flagellation.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 3, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1709041169634824315

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Giants have been outscored 64-3 at home

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Harlock posted:

Giants have been outscored 64-3 at home

Jet life stadium baby

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

jones is playing like poo poo but his line sucks and he’s got no good targets. best he can do is be lead rusher

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hard to win football games with 11 sacks eaten

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We live in a world where the Knicks are the most successful NY team this year

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Normally I'd make fun, but honestly I just feel bad for Giants fans now.

Are you guys, like... okay? Do you want to talk about it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Where is daniel jones? Is he safe? Is he alright?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s literally been a decade of spectacular failure. This is normal.

We got to win 4 trophies and now have to suffer the same way our grandparents did after the glory years of the 40s and 50s by watching decades of dogshit.

I feel bad for my kids. They were one years old in 2011. They love the Giants and they have a memory of like 2 winning seasons.

It’s just so exhausting that we have the same problems year after year. Nothing changes.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

biceps crimes posted:

jones is playing like poo poo but his line sucks and he’s got no good targets. best he can do is be lead rusher

Line sucks, defense sucks, but Jones also sucks. Show me the sacks I bet I can find a wide open guy on every single one

I only took one during the game when I saw him completely ignoring a wide open guy in the flats while staring down a covered guy in the middle.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

4 games in and the Giants have had a lead for 19 seconds total.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Doltos posted:

Line sucks, defense sucks, but Jones also sucks. Show me the sacks I bet I can find a wide open guy on every single one

I only took one during the game when I saw him completely ignoring a wide open guy in the flats while staring down a covered guy in the middle.
Jones definitely sucks, but... not for those reasons.

Like, yeah, there are open guys when he's being sacked, because the dudes who'd be covering them are actively sacking him, and he didn't have time to throw the ball to those guys because he is being sacked. Dude had about two seconds to get rid of the ball all game.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CapnAndy posted:

Jones definitely sucks, but... not for those reasons.

Like, yeah, there are open guys when he's being sacked, because the dudes who'd be covering them are actively sacking him, and he didn't have time to throw the ball to those guys because he is being sacked. Dude had about two seconds to get rid of the ball all game.

Troy Aikman is an utter moron that latches on to a random complaint and runs it into the ground

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The line being balls and Jones being balls is very much feeding into each other at the moment and making the problem that much worse. It's hard to be a great or good QB with a bad o-line that can't protect but Davecrazy is right, you watch him and there's this moment every play where it feels like you are screaming "THROW IT DANNY" but he doesn't. Eli spent his final decade of play behind garbage o-lines but he still threw the drat ball on time and read defenses and he never looked this bad.

Witherspoon just straight up called Jones out in the post-game interview too, saying he stares down his targets. Which makes him not throwing the ball fast even worse because he's seeing coverage and then not processing what to do when at this point he has to know he's not safe back there and he has to fall back to a dink or dunk, anything, just get rid of the drat ball, it'll keep the defense more honest

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1709050818425667959

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

YEAH but Danny Dimes was 27 of 34 tonight, which is nearly 80% completion percentage and furthermore

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
just got the big contract

lmao

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrMojok posted:

YEAH but Danny Dimes was 27 of 34 tonight, which is nearly 80% completion percentage and furthermore

He's in the same offense as Mahomes but he takes stupid rear end sacks and never pushes the ball down field.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

He's in the same offense as Mahomes but he takes stupid rear end sacks and never pushes the ball down field.

I'm with you on the stupid rear end sacks but the line is so bad that he doesn't get to push the ball downfield

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Is 11 sacks a record or close to it? That's... incredible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is 11 sacks a record or close to it? That's... incredible.

12 is the record in the modern era. Done 5 times (by Giants vs Eagles in '07 most recent)

Pre-merger record is 14, done by Eagles vs Giants in '52

TLDR the Giants really like being in historic sack total games, no matter which side of the whooping they're on

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

It’s literally been a decade of spectacular failure. This is normal.

We got to win 4 trophies and now have to suffer the same way our grandparents did after the glory years of the 40s and 50s by watching decades of dogshit.

I feel bad for my kids. They were one years old in 2011. They love the Giants and they have a memory of like 2 winning seasons.

It’s just so exhausting that we have the same problems year after year. Nothing changes.

Laughs in Dallas Cowboys

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It should be something like ‘step step hitch throw’
With Danny it’s ‘step step step hitch step step SACK’

It’s not even that he has a slow release. It’s that he has no release. Dude refuses to throw the ball.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles will drop a game to giants

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Well yeah, they’ll sit all their starters the last game of the season having the NFC 1 seed locked up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

I don’t think so . The eagles aren’t that bad this year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After watching a month, I think the eagles probably lose to the niners and bills. Chiefs will be tough but the nfl will lean in for the chiefs so it’s probably a loss too.

Miami may be tough if the eagles secondary is still in shambles

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Starting 10/22, they've got:

- Dolphins
- Commanders
- Cowboys
- Chiefs
- Bills
- Niners
- Cowboys

I don't think anything better than 3-4 is realistic for that stretch with how they've been playing, and I'd wager they go 2-5.

Edit: There's a world where they go 8-0, then drop five straight, then win out to go 12-5.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Offense is still trying to find itself out meanwhile defense still hasn't gotten off the bus from training camp. I don't understand how we have so many individually incredible defensive players but as a whole they are so bad and can't stop anything. You'd think we hired Matt Patricia to replace Gannon or something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Offense is still trying to find itself out meanwhile defense still hasn't gotten off the bus from training camp. I don't understand how we have so many individually incredible defensive players but as a whole they are so bad and can't stop anything. You'd think we hired Matt Patricia to replace Gannon or something.

If you are talking about the commanders game : they got unlucky in turnovers and the secondary was a mash unit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also Jay Howell or whatever the QBs name is had a very nice game with accuracy

Also the refs gave the commanders 5 free first downs on what should have been 3rd down stops

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you go back to the previous Monday night the eagles D destroyed Tampa

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's possible two people fall for each other over their love of mass market media manipulation.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's so many funny ways to display data

https://twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1709045052490616963

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
As a Washington fan, 2 things:

1) hahahahaha
2) get a grip, Giants fans. You have 2 super bowls in recent memory. Let’s talk when you go 17 years and counting without a playoff win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lmbo the Giants brought back Pugh.