Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Intruder posted:

For those of you not watching raw (most everyone), Drew told Miz to shut up and Miz did the ol' I don't shut up I grow up and when I look at you I throw up

Vince writing promos?

Did he just watch Stand By Me or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

neoaxd posted:

HHH actually had more to say on the matter.

https://voca.ro/13kIUTmriiKQ

lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

neoaxd posted:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Intruder posted:

For those of you not watching raw (most everyone), Drew told Miz to shut up and Miz did the ol' I don't shut up I grow up and when I look at you I throw up

Vince writing promos?

Hey if you are watching WWE, you deserve it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

neoaxd posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it couldn't be better the way he turns into iron sheik at the end

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

neoaxd posted:

real

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

100% real

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The big inhale before the last line is so good

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ive reached out to tony khan............................. [labored breath] and he told me to go gently caress myself. scott damore was less polite [lip smack]

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for WWE - Through WWE's signing of Brian Pillman, Jr., WWE has just deprived their competitor AEW of a pro-wrestling prodigy, an aspiring Superstar, a world-class athlete, a youngster who is only 30 years old, who possesses arguably even more athletic ability than his father, who has all the tools necessary to become the next big thing in WWE, who showed off his rare talent during his time in other promotions, who represents the past, present, and future of wrestling, who is a WWE Superstar that is the total package, combining the best parts of his father's legacy with his own unique in-ring style, and who just gave the world another reason to stay glued to NXT on Tuesday nights.

https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/who-is-brian-pillman-jr-everything-to-know-wwe-nxt

Brian Pillman, Jr. Appears in WWE's NXT: Here's Why Fans Should Be Excited
By Chris Phelan Oct 2, 2023
3:27 PM ET

The rumors are true: Brian Pillman, Jr. is the latest pro wrestling prodigy to make the jump to WWE!

Following in the footsteps of megastar-in-the-making Jade Cargill is Pillman, Jr., who eagle-eyed members of the WWE Universe noticed making a blink-and-you-missed-it appearance during NXT No Mercy on September 30:

It's yet another savvy signing by WWE as they pluck yet another aspiring Superstar away from the competition and welcome another world-class athlete to the WWE locker room. Here's why the WWE Universe should be excited for the eventual in-ring debut of Brian Pillman, Jr.!

Who Is Brian Pillman, Jr.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPusp3-Tt_A

The video Pillman is shown watching in the above teaser is alluding to his heritage; he is the son of the late, great Brian Pillman, one of the most physically talented and unpredictable WWE Superstars of all time!

To put it simply, the youngster (Pillman, Jr. is only 30 years old) has WWE Superstar DNA running through his veins. Whereas many WWE Superstars have had children who attempted to follow in their footsteps (Ric Flair's son David stands out as the most obvious example), none have had the physical tools Brian Pillman, Jr. has. Possessing arguably even more athletic ability than his father, he has all the tools necessary to become the next big thing in WWE.

The significance of WWE signing him is not lost on the wrestling world. Although Pillman showed off his rare talent during his time in other promotions, wrestling fans and critics alike always felt he would be better suited in a WWE ring. Polishing his skills in the Performance Center and getting in the ring against the up-and-coming talent in NXT for the foreseeable future will do wonders for his career, eventually setting the stage for a debut on the main roster.

Of course, Brian Pillman, Jr.'s name is one of the reasons WWE took an interest in signing him in the first place. His father tragically died in 1997 but left behind one of the most lasting legacies in wrestling history.

Who Was Brian Pillman In WWE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5dsW5cfv8

Due to injuries suffered in a near-fatal automobile accident, the elder Pillman made a name for himself in WWE due to constantly being part of unhinged and shocking moments, not necessarily anything that happened inside the ring. Unfortunately, Pillman was on the wrong end of one of these moments during a 1996 episode of Monday Night Raw:

Moments like this led to him earning his WWE nickname of "The Loose Cannon" when, a few weeks later, he pulled a gun on Stone Cold when the latter invaded Pillman's home! Never one to shy away from controversy, Brian Pillman's WWE career was filled with controversy, and looking back, he was one of the flag bearers of the Attitude Era.

Before he signed with WWE (and before he had a short stint in ECW, filled with moments too extreme to link to here), Brian Pillman pioneered an entire wrestling style in WCW. Pillman was considered among the few Superstars to meld the Japanese high-flying style successfully with American light heavyweight action. To put it bluntly, Brian Pillman put the soon-to-be WCW cruiserweight division on the map:

(Seeing Brian Pillman battle Jushin "Thunder" Liger in the early 90s is mind-boggling, considering Liger made an iconic appearance in NXT in 2020. Some competitors genuinely stand the test of time.)

Brian Pillman, Jr. represents the past, present, and future of wrestling. However, signing a WWE contract with such high expectations for your career can not always work out how a wrestler would like – just because your father was one of the most exciting Superstars ever doesn't mean you are automatically granted that same spotlight. Like Jade Cargill, Brian Pillman, Jr. has to understand that the WWE represents the major leagues – the spotlight will never be brighter, but unfortunately, it can shine on low points just as much as the highlights.

For the WWE Universe, one question remains: Are the late Brian Pillman's shoes too big to fill for his son? Will Brian Pillman, Jr. blaze his own trail? Or will the 30-year-old present the wrestling world with the best-case scenario: a WWE Superstar that is the total package, combining the best parts of his father's legacy with his own unique in-ring style?

Regardless, Brian Pillman, Jr. just gave the world another reason to stay glued to NXT on Tuesday nights.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

NameHurtBrain posted:

Hunter couldn't sire a male heir, and in Vince's crazed steak-wrap fueled haze, this will truly be the reason he denied he and Stephanie his kingdom.

You know, I had never mentally compared Vince to Henry VIII until now, but I can totally imagine Henry referring to Edward as "THE PRODUCT OF MY SEMEN" like Vince used to do for Shane.

neoaxd posted:

Amazing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Finish the story, Cody!

https://x.com/sescoops/status/1709031949526851790?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

David Flair, the first name you think of when you think of "second generation wrestlers"

https://x.com/tapemachines/status/1709017330133377227?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

David Flair, the first name you think of when you think of "second generation wrestlers"

https://x.com/tapemachines/status/1709017330133377227?s=20

I just love what a vicious slam the "no second generation wrestlers have the skills of Beepie" thing is on Cody.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for the credibility of Chris Phelan - Pretty much everything that Chris Phelan wrote in the abovementioned article is technically correct.

"To put it simply, the youngster (Pillman, Jr. is only 30 years old) has WWE Superstar DNA running through his veins" - Technically correct.

"Whereas many WWE Superstars have had children who attempted to follow in their footsteps..., none have had the physical tools Brian Pillman, Jr. has" - Technically correct.

"Possessing arguably even more athletic ability than his father" - Technically correct.

"he has all the tools necessary to become the next big thing in WWE" - Technically correct, as Brian Pillman, Jr. is capable of both speech and movement.

"Pillman showed off his rare talent during his time in other promotions" - Technically correct.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

"Whereas many WWE Superstars have had children who attempted to follow in their footsteps..., none have had the physical tools Brian Pillman, Jr. has" is just such an amazing act of friendly fire on Roman Reigns.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

how can anyone care about this loser anymore

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hefty Leftist posted:

I think the Fed fans really want Cody to be some kind of blow to the competition but he's really turning into just a guy. He's over enough they haven't ditched him yet.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

They're not. Not now that Brian Pillman Jr is here.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
BEEPIE CAME AND TOOK MY ROLE

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Brian Pillman, Jr. - Word on the street has it that Cody Rhodes is being pushed down the card because Brian Pillman, Jr. is being slotted in to take over Cody Rhodes' current position.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Five years from now it's revealed Cody politicked against Beepie.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Can't wait for the match between Beepie and Cody to be declared a no contest due to interference from "real REAL world champion" CM Punk

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TheKingslayer posted:

I think the Fed fans really want Cody to be some kind of blow to the competition but he's really turning into just a guy. He's over enough they haven't ditched him yet.

But that is WWE m.o.

If you are not "the guy" then you are just "a guy"

It doesn't matter how good you are, how over you become, or what skills you have.

You are now just a "WWE Superstar", and not the super star that you quite possible could be, shouldbe , or indeed are.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

TheKingslayer posted:

Five years from now it's revealed Cody politicked against Beepie.

Good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Invalid Validation posted:

One thing to keep in mind with Jericho. He’s real fuckin good and could power through all the bullshit.

It says everything about WWE to go look at what other companies have done with people that WWE saw no upside in.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Kennel posted:

The saddest puff piece:

The rumors are true: Brian Pillman, Jr. is the latest pro wrestling prodigy to make the jump to WWE!

Following in the footsteps of megastar-in-the-making Jade Cargill is Pillman, Jr., who eagle-eyed members of the WWE Universe noticed making a blink-and-you-missed-it appearance during NXT No Mercy on September 30:

It's yet another savvy signing by WWE as they pluck yet another aspiring Superstar away from the competition and welcome another world-class athlete to the WWE locker room. Here's why the WWE Universe should be excited for the eventual in-ring debut of Brian Pillman, Jr.!

Who Is Brian Pillman, Jr.?

The video Pillman is shown watching in the above teaser is alluding to his heritage; he is the son of the late, great Brian Pillman, one of the most physically talented and unpredictable WWE Superstars of all time!

To put it simply, the youngster (Pillman, Jr. is only 30 years old) has WWE Superstar DNA running through his veins. Whereas many WWE Superstars have had children who attempted to follow in their footsteps (Ric Flair's son David stands out as the most obvious example), none have had the physical tools Brian Pillman, Jr. has. Possessing arguably even more athletic ability than his father, he has all the tools necessary to become the next big thing in WWE.

The significance of WWE signing him is not lost on the wrestling world. Although Pillman showed off his rare talent during his time in other promotions, wrestling fans and critics alike always felt he would be better suited in a WWE ring. Polishing his skills in the Performance Center and getting in the ring against the up-and-coming talent in NXT for the foreseeable future will do wonders for his career, eventually setting the stage for a debut on the main roster.

Of course, Brian Pillman, Jr.'s name is one of the reasons WWE took an interest in signing him in the first place. His father tragically died in 1997 but left behind one of the most lasting legacies in wrestling history.
Who Was Brian Pillman In WWE?

Due to injuries suffered in a near-fatal automobile accident, the elder Pillman made a name for himself in WWE due to constantly being part of unhinged and shocking moments, not necessarily anything that happened inside the ring. Unfortunately, Pillman was on the wrong end of one of these moments during a 1996 episode of Monday Night Raw:

Moments like this led to him earning his WWE nickname of "The Loose Cannon" when, a few weeks later, he pulled a gun on Stone Cold when the latter invaded Pillman's home! Never one to shy away from controversy, Brian Pillman's WWE career was filled with controversy, and looking back, he was one of the flag bearers of the Attitude Era.

Before he signed with WWE (and before he had a short stint in ECW, filled with moments too extreme to link to here), Brian Pillman pioneered an entire wrestling style in WCW. Pillman was considered among the few Superstars to meld the Japanese high-flying style successfully with American light heavyweight action. To put it bluntly, Brian Pillman put the soon-to-be WCW cruiserweight division on the map:

(Seeing Brian Pillman battle Jushin "Thunder" Liger in the early 90s is mind-boggling, considering Liger made an iconic appearance in NXT in 2020. Some competitors genuinely stand the test of time.)

Brian Pillman, Jr. represents the past, present, and future of wrestling. However, signing a WWE contract with such high expectations for your career can not always work out how a wrestler would like – just because your father was one of the most exciting Superstars ever doesn't mean you are automatically granted that same spotlight. Like Jade Cargill, Brian Pillman, Jr. has to understand that the WWE represents the major leagues – the spotlight will never be brighter, but unfortunately, it can shine on low points just as much as the highlights.

For the WWE Universe, one question remains: Are the late Brian Pillman's shoes too big to fill for his son? Will Brian Pillman, Jr. blaze his own trail? Or will the 30-year-old present the wrestling world with the best-case scenario: a WWE Superstar that is the total package, combining the best parts of his father's legacy with his own unique in-ring style?

Regardless, Brian Pillman, Jr. just gave the world another reason to stay glued to NXT on Tuesday nights.

You can tune in to Peacock to watch WWE's Fastlane on October 7. In the meantime, catch up on all things WWE Universe on Peacock.

:anime:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Lamuella posted:

"Whereas many WWE Superstars have had children who attempted to follow in their footsteps..., none have had the physical tools Brian Pillman, Jr. has" is just such an amazing act of friendly fire on Roman Reigns.

Reins, Orton, Cody... I know Bray's corpse is cold enough by now they've forgotten him, but still, you think they'd remember the guys on the top of the card.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Brian Pillman Jr Declared By NXT To Be The Risen Christ: Here's why you should be excited!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Thank god he's called Brian Pillman Jr. or WWE might forget whose son he is. It's pretty funny how they pretend like they ever gave a poo poo about Pillman, though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hefty Leftist posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hefty Leftist posted:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It takes an incredible amount of energy to burn off all the goodwill garnered from that episode of Dark Side of the Ring. But, dammit, Pillman Jr did it in just over two years. The WWE Universe has just one question to answer - are they ready for the New Loose Cannon (TM)?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

A Fancy Hat posted:

It takes an incredible amount of energy to burn off all the goodwill garnered from that episode of Dark Side of the Ring. But, dammit, Pillman Jr did it in just over two years. The WWE Universe has just one question to answer - are they ready for the New Loose Cannon (TM)?

I wouldn't say he did much to burn the goodwill. Just was kind of unimpressive and was booked like a geek (and posted few somewhat cringe tweets, I suppose).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe the insane BPJ hype is all part of the joke and he’ll debut as a massive klutz who can’t do anything right

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I just find it very amusing that the hottest topic of conversation in WWE right now is an AEW undercarder.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Based on the star power of Cody, Jade and Beepie when making the jump to WWE, it seems like AEW is better at creating stars.

If you want to become a wrestling star go to AEW. If you want to audition for a Marvel movie go to WWE

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe the insane BPJ hype is all part of the joke and he’ll debut as a massive klutz who can’t do anything right

Yeah but what's his gimmick gonna be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what the gently caress has Cody actually done since beating Brock?