Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So their HODLing even if it’s self-destructive because they can’t take the L? Yeah that’s totally different.

I wasn't talking about the weirdos we're observing ITT, which was not the best posting decision I've ever made.

Oh great, a snipe. Read the Zeke Faux book, everybody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

cruft posted:

Oh great, a snipe. Read the Zeke Faux book, everybody!

not until one of you admits you're him!

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
R/BBBY has realized it's over for the most part but the PPShow subreddit is becoming increasingly deranged. It's like there's a gas leak in there and none of the posters know it. It's compelling to watch in a kind of psychological horror way

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/10/sbf-trial-to-begin-as-judge-says-he-faces-very-long-sentence-if-convicted/

quote:

"Your client in the event of conviction could be looking at a very long sentence," US District Judge Lewis Kaplan told SBF's lawyers in a hearing on Thursday while rejecting the defense's request for a temporary release from jail. "If things begin to look bleak... maybe the time would come when he would seek to flee"
:lol:

quote:

"I think the government's case looks extremely strong," Sarah Paul, a former assistant US attorney and partner at law firm Evershed Sutherland, was quoted as saying in a Financial Times article. "They have multiple cooperating witnesses who worked very closely with him and are going to say that they committed a crime with him. It's hard to imagine that doesn't carry the day here."

According to Reuters, "Kaplan said on Thursday that prosecutors had requested that he grant two additional witnesses immunity from being charged with crimes in exchange for their testimony. He did not identify those witnesses."

The former executives who pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate are Nishad Singh, Zixiao "Gary" Wang, and Caroline Ellison
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Also, one of those witnesses is a native of the Feywild.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

HappyHippo posted:

Because Bed Bath and Beyond sold their name to Overstock.com, they legally had to change their name by Sept 30. They went with "20230930-DK-Butterfly-1, Inc." Naturally the apes think this is bullish for some reason (never mind that if the apes had been right this whole time the name probably would have been Teddy).

Opportunity missed to call it "Diamond Hands to the Moon, Inc." for maximum LOLs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They could have called it "Dead Towel With Cancelled Shares LLC" and apes would still be bullish.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is a bullish ape a minotaur?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Somehow of all of the dumb rear end coin bro and ape meme bullshit, this is the one that always sticks out as just the most crassly, disgustingly, offensive. It just really sums up the entire world view in a nut shell.

I hadn't kept up with the crypto memes even when I was touching the poop, so when I heard that one the first time I had to doubletake. Like...you're married, and....you want to basically be an rear end in a top hat? Any excuses after that are just foregone conclusion.

^^^ lol beautiful. "we magically go 57k, and then 200k". Why? :tinfoil: at best, also magically/coincidentally timed for exactly 2024.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 3, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
base 4 deez nuts

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
It’s really hard to imagine crypto has anywhere to go but down at this point. I can’t imagine any new people are buying in. The hype is over, and the majority of the public thinks it’s all scams.

That being said I’ve been predicting that crypto would end any day now for the last 10 years and well, it still hasn’t happened yet.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Talorat posted:

That being said I’ve been predicting that crypto would end any day now for the last 10 years and well, it still hasn’t happened yet.

Well we're now at the stage where an annoying guy wanting to tell you about nfts is such a common joke its in investment company commercials so I think we might have hit peak saturation.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I'm very impressed that Dan Olsen has any sanity left after doing this deep dive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pYeoZaoWrA

Goddammit, these people are loving batshit insane.

e:MOASS

MOASS

MOASS

so much MOASS

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 3, 2023

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Hey, did anybody else decide to take a quick peek at Ghost Titty's post history of charts that look like they were done by a four year old in an earthquake to see how accurate he's been in the past?

Here's one that looks like it's meant for actual people to read, not Copium Elementals. It was posted December 10, 2021. At the time of that particular posting, Bitcoin had lost a third of its all time high value.

If I'm reading it right, then Bitcoin should be well over 90k by now, since that chart ends at February of 2022 with the line on a sharp upward trend, and a half-assed check of the price tells me that Bitcoin is currently around 27.6k. Over the last month, it has hit lows of 25,152 and highs 27,976. It hit its all time high of 64.4k in November of 2021, and after it fell from that, the highest it hit was 45,857 in April 2022, then it poo poo the bed down to about 16k in early November, where it stayed for a month before making a laborious climb to its current number.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Oh yeah, that's the good poo poo. Could I get a copy that had less pixels and more scrawling?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I just don't understand how you get images that are that blurry/small.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Happy 1 year anniversary to Fortune magazine's cover of just Sam Bankman-Fried's face with the tag "The Next Warren Buffet?"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Michael Lewis really drank the kool aid
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/sam-bankman-fried-michael-lewis-book-60-minutes-video-2023-10-01/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ryde posted:

Bed Bath and Beyond shares just got cancelled. As usual the apes are in denial, believe this means they're getting new shares, and are celebrating.

status update:

the apes have now realized that they are not getting new shares, and are now not celebrating, they're whining about HEDGIES DUPING THEM

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Boxturret posted:

I just don't understand how you get images that are that blurry/small.

Reposting by increasingly computer illiterate and variously addled Facebook users usually.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Talorat posted:

It’s really hard to imagine crypto has anywhere to go but down at this point. I can’t imagine any new people are buying in. The hype is over, and the majority of the public thinks it’s all scams.

It's still got uses for crime, I reckon that's what keeps it afloat.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Gort posted:

It's still got uses for crime, I reckon that's what keeps it afloat.

ya reckon?

b mad at me fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 3, 2023

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's just because it's the fanciest car they can imagine owning. Just the most ostentatious, obscene display of wealth they can imagine.

Which fits into how ,despite the way that they rail against wallstreet and hedge brokers etc., none of this is about economic justice or any kind of correction of the obvious injustices and disparities in our economic system. They just want to get catapulted to the top of the pyramid.

It's the exact same mentality as fairy tales about lost princesses who have to live as peasants. The point of Cinderella isn't that the plight of the peasantry loving sucks and something should be done about it, it's that if you're lucky enough and hot enough some prince will swoop down out of the sky to make you his queen and elevate you above all the other people in your position.

Lambos are just their way of physically representing "gently caress you, got mine."

edit: gently caress, look at how in all their apocalyptic prophesying about taking over the economy it's never ". . . and then we restructure it to be a more just and equitable society" it's ". . . and then we're the people on top and drive lambos and eat caviar and gently caress supermodels because now we're the ones at the pinnacle of an exploitative, unstable, unsustainable system where millions toil so that an elect few can live lives of unparalleled luxury."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tango alpha delta posted:

I'm very impressed that Dan Olsen has any sanity left after doing this deep dive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pYeoZaoWrA

Goddammit, these people are loving batshit insane.

e:MOASS

MOASS

MOASS

so much MOASS

MO' rear end is good for buttcoin

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

MO' rear end is good for buttcoin

MOASS MO PROBLEMS

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Enjoy being poor.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Never thought I'd see the day ghostty would tell us to sell our bitcoins.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so you agree there's a sell point?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
The humor is every time it's posted it's always bullish. Exact same thing as the bed bath and beyond/GameStop people. "it's gonna squeeze to the moon" except because they know that can't happen with Bitcoin as it's not a regulated security with short shares, so they imagine a world where everyone uses it and everyone has to buy an illiquid shitcoin with dollars thus price keeps going insanely higher.

Effectively it's like imagining what happens to GameStop is going to happen to the USD-CNY ratio (yuan), where even 2% can be significant enough for billions if not trillions of dollars - and hypothetically assuming that something like a 500% change to the ratio will happen - which is not going to occur unless we have entire civilization collapses.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
oops quote is not edit.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 3, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

we're gonna squeeze moons bois

new wife money!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I see the Michael Lewis FTX book is out. Is anyone going to read it?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Talorat posted:

There are always more morons out there, just waiting to be conned.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Bip Roberts posted:

I see the Michael Lewis FTX book is out. Is anyone going to read it?

read the nyt review and it seems like lewis is handling him with kid gloves so i'm going to pass

there is this quote from the review that made me laugh, though

"Lewis ends his story by describing how Bankman-Fried’s parents were so fearful for their security that they purchased a German shepherd named Sandor, who had been trained to kill on command when given the correct instructions in German. The parents had learned the commands, but Sam had not. “So when Sam was in a room with the dog, it always felt as if some accident was waiting to happen,” Lewis writes. “It would have been very Sam Bankman-Fried to have been eaten by his own guard dog.”"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

good ol ghost tittys is back :)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can I see that on a log chart, please?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Southern Cassowary posted:

read the nyt review and it seems like lewis is handling him with kid gloves so i'm going to pass

there is this quote from the review that made me laugh, though

"Lewis ends his story by describing how Bankman-Fried’s parents were so fearful for their security that they purchased a German shepherd named Sandor, who had been trained to kill on command when given the correct instructions in German. The parents had learned the commands, but Sam had not. “So when Sam was in a room with the dog, it always felt as if some accident was waiting to happen,” Lewis writes. “It would have been very Sam Bankman-Fried to have been eaten by his own guard dog.”"

I’m sorry, wasn’t that a gag on Reno 911?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
So, similar to the rightwing thread, I'm going to copy some (live as of right now) comments from a room where people are so, so infinitely confident in crypto. I'll use different smilies for different idiots to differentiate.

:tinfoil: Long or short ser
:v: $BTC dipped below and retested 1D TL since last year. I would think lower on that alone but hard to say right now sir. PA is difficult to say the least.
:tinfoil: Pa is the worst. 180 days of poo poo ranging
:classiclol: (Moonwhale): You have done all the hard work. You have survived the bear market . Now just sit and relax. We have built the rocket . Docked it on the launch pad . Now it’s countdown time … nothing much to do
:v:There's no end of the bear market until every bear in social media channels is called per "Sir". This is when we bottom
influencer dejour: "GM family" (anus note: yes *that* GM)
:banjo:Bulls are doing a good job in defending this level for now
:classiclol: Day will come when all those bears will become bull! Pain is almost over …. Bitboy is selling his Rolex ! We hit the Bottom!
:tinfoil: The MMs build these clean memelines, wait for the time most traders are active(highest volume), and then get people into trades in both directions, and sweep both. It's very likely Citadel

Basically, a bunch of people talking to eachother going :hurr: and saying that bull market is coming 24x7. These people are hypothesizing on sub-millisecond changes to the *orderbook* on BTC.

Sound like gamestop? Same thing. Slight variation in wording but end result is nonstop chanting of MOASS just changed to "bull market"

edit: here's one of these fool's twitter, and it's a graveyard of ghostty pics. https://twitter.com/brl_xande

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 3, 2023