Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I don’t think nazis actually go around saying “honk honk” as code for “heil hitler”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Top G posted:

I don’t think nazis actually go around saying “honk honk” as code for “heil hitler”

no they only do it online to get past filters

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
bsky-social-hcawm-uvn3q

bsky-social-d6yrf-kbaa6

bsky-social-yszej-rcudu

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Top G posted:

I dunno....

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

The Top G posted:

the frenworld nazis on reddit did, dunno if that survived after their ban. parts of their stuff did like talking about how it's impossible for Honkler to "bake six million pies", i saw that long after the ban
they RPed as clowns and used babytalk to say everything, including complaining about "long noses"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/junlper/status/1709004365552369906

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

fizzy posted:

Good news for the incomes of Grimes and Musk's lawyers - Claire Boucher, a musician known by her stage name Grimes, has sued Elon Musk over a matter regarding their three children, being a "petition to establish parental relationship".

Bad news for the three children of Musk and Grimes - Their names are X Æ A-Xii, Exa Dark Sideræl Musk and Tau Techno Mechanicus.

https://sfstandard.com/2023/10/02/grimes-sues-elon-musk-over-their-three-children/

Grimes Sues Elon Musk Over Their Three Children
Written by Garrett Leahy
Updated at Oct. 03, 2023 • 12:06am
Published Oct. 02, 2023 • 5:36pm

Claire Boucher, a musician known by her stage name Grimes, has sued Elon Musk over a matter regarding their three children.

Boucher filed a "petition to establish parental relationship" on Sept. 29, court records say. It amounts to a request for a court order that identifies the legal parents of a child and is often required when couples are unmarried. The actual filings are not visible to the public.

Family attorney Deborah Dubroff said the petition amounts to a lawsuit and is typically filed alongside demands for child support or custody rights.

"Most of the time, the driving force is that they need custody orders or child support, but the petition is to establish parentage of the child," Dubroff said.

There were no filings for child support or custody rights in the case as of Monday.

Boucher's attorney, Samantha Bley DeJean, did not respond to a request for comment.

Boucher and Musk never married and reportedly split in September 2021 after they began dating in 2018. Over the course of their relations, the couple had three children together, X Æ A-Xii, Exa Dark Sideræl Musk and Tau Techno Mechanicus.

Musk has been divorced three times and has 11 children, including five from a previous marriage: twins Griffin and Vivian and triplets Damian, Saxon and Kai.

Musk took control of social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, in April 2022 after purchasing the company for $44 billion.

Since the platform's takeover, Musk has made several controversial changes, mostly notably changing its name to X, with Musk promising to turn the social media platform into the "everything app" encompassing communication, banking, streaming video, shopping and more.

Musk also got in trouble with the city over unapproved plans to put beds in offices and add a large, blindingly bright sign on top of X's San Francisco headquarters.

hell yeah we definitely need musk to become a divorced guy that wants to end alimony

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Top G posted:

the hardest parts about reporting on right wing extremism is getting people to understand that, no, it really is that stupid and crazy

you start to look nuts when you try to simply explain exactly what code Nazis talk about in the open on their spaces as express means of circumventing detection

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"honk honk? it can't be that stupid, you guys must be seeing ghosts"

meanwhile they literally talk about it and use it as an explicit Heil Hitler code every minute of every hour of every day in their discords and message boards

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

triple post, but it's frustrating to me that the same person who will say "oh, this is just some meme I don't understand, thanks for explaining it" in response to whatever the latest thing on tiktok is suddenly becomes all skeptical the moment that somebody explains the latest far right Hitler meme

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

"honk honk? it can't be that stupid, you guys must be seeing ghosts"

meanwhile they literally talk about it and use it as an explicit Heil Hitler code every minute of every hour of every day in their discords and message boards

It's funny to go "I don't think that's true" when you could just google it.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bsky-social-tqolg-obio7

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I see two issues with the attempt to discover who was behind the emails directing Musk to buy Twitter and what he should do with it after purchasing it.

1) Why should I give a poo poo? The big plan was indistinguishable from Musk flailing like an idiot, causing irreparable damage to his reputation and his companies' share prices/valuation.

2) The purpose of this was a "declaration of war against the Globalist American Empire". Last I checked, the Globalist American Empire is the one giving Musk all his money. Without the backing of the US government, he'd be a nobody.

And, to add to the above - to what end is this declaration of war? What purpose does it hope to achieve?

Did these people not take note of Rachel Maddow and Trump's tax returns? No one gave a poo poo and she came out of the affair looking like a loving idiot.

it doesn’t help that the story is so poorly written I can’t tell if the four step plan was for musk to carry out or how the “globalists” would respond to musk buying twitter

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

aw frig aw dang it posted:

didn't read this but i'm taking the codes. thanks

Those aren't Bluesky codes they're just the kids' names

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hell yeah here comes the Mens Rights Activist arc

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Megillah Gorilla posted:

2) The purpose of this was a "declaration of war against the Globalist American Empire". Last I checked, the Globalist American Empire is the one giving Musk all his money. Without the backing of the US government, he'd be a nobody.

no no that's the Global American Empire (good), they oppose the (((Globalist))) American Empire (bad)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Teratrain posted:

Those aren't Bluesky codes they're just the kids' names

my son is also named
bsky-social-4zjly-vsn23
bsky-social-rst2d-2iwkj
bsky-social-fsc3c-trd2a

(i'm grimes)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I do think those texts are just purely coincidental

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's funny to go "I don't think that's true" when you could just google it.

you can't anymore, when you try google replaces your search with CLOWNTECH CLOWN SHOES FOR SALE

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Techno Mechanicus Musk

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
for sale: clown shoes, never honked

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you can't anymore, when you try google replaces your search with CLOWNTECH CLOWN SHOES FOR SALE

lucky you, google only gives me ads for cheap temu knockoff clown shoes

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’ve had these clown shoes for twenty years

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

poisonpill posted:

I’ve had these clown shoes for twenty years

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Malloc Voidstar posted:

the frenworld nazis on reddit did, dunno if that survived after their ban. parts of their stuff did like talking about how it's impossible for Honkler to "bake six million pies", i saw that long after the ban
they RPed as clowns and used babytalk to say everything, including complaining about "long noses"

night of long shoes; wherein the sideshow ringleaders went for the juggler

a real "big tent" conspiracy

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 3, 2023

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no they only do it online to get past filters

Ok if it’s an online thing that makes sense

But the idea of irl neo nazis saying “honk honk mein herr” to each other is so absurd I refuse to believe it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the frenworld stuff reminds me of the guy who infiltrated the KKK and publicized all their secrets on the Superman radio programs to make them look ridiculous... like you can't even do that anymore because it is so on the nose completely ridiculous what is their to mock? you can't even make a good analogy because they're literally pretending to be stupid babies, where do you go from there to make them look worse? lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1709025216578335003

the most pure of evil

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's wild you shoulda looked around while you were at the border maybe

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

The Top G posted:

clown world is a stale as hell alt right meme/dog whistle

but yeah honk honk doesn't mean "heil Hitler", tho, it's just a cringy handshake for extremely online /pol/ dudes

at the end of the day tho who cares about splitting hairs to that degree because gently caress those guys lol

crime weed fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 3, 2023

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

The Top G posted:

Ok if it’s an online thing that makes sense

But the idea of irl neo nazis saying “honk honk mein herr” to each other is so absurd I refuse to believe it

The IRL OG Nazis believed the Moon was made of ice because to think otherwise was filthy Jewish lies.
The IRL neo Nazis believe that Donald Trump is an example of an ubermensch.

I'm not saying they do that, necessarily, but any and all ideas about something being too stupid for Nazis is flat out wrong. Nazis are as intellectually bankrupt as they are morally bankrupt. It's teh one positive thing about them. And part of why it's so dangerous - as we saw and are still seeing with Trump and 4chan - to view idiocy and dangerousness as mutually exclusive.

The Nazis were so loving stupid and inept they couldn't even do slave labor - something as ancient as civilization - properly. They still managed to cause the most destructive war in history and, in addition to the deaths caused by that war, murder over ten million human beings.

They are that stupid, and they are that dangerous.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

listening to the kara swisher succession podcast while shivering and crying

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA5UqUyFmT0

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

i've been saying for years yoel roth and kara swisher are concentrated evil

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't know any of those people, probably evil tho

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The Top G posted:

I think irl it was more of a counterprotest, anti-nazi thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68K6DlEhuZc

Elman fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 3, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

I don't know any of those people, probably evil tho

Yoel Roth was the head of Twitter safety that had to move due to Musk being a psychopath and Kara Swisher is a tech journalist who was one of the biggest Musk boosters even when he was loving up the Twitter takeover.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Was Yoel Roth the one MTG dragged in front of congress so she could call him a pedophile to his face?

If that's not definitive evidence that he's a decent person, I don't know what would be.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone said techno mechanic rear end