Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Grimace posted:

What are y'all gonna do first when you login? My first goal is to catch up on the MSQ. I'll probably do Thaleia tomorrow so I can space things out.

Maybe some PVP here and there. I'm assuming /slump will be the Rank 5 reward.

I'm working 12-hour night shifts for the next few days, so, other than getting the ball rolling on the new custom deliveries and my island, I'm not gonna do much of anything until late sunday/early monday. But then, it's MSQ and AR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Grimace posted:

What are y'all gonna do first when you login? My first goal is to catch up on the MSQ. I'll probably do Thaleia tomorrow so I can space things out.

Maybe some PVP here and there. I'm assuming /slump will be the Rank 5 reward.

Alliance Raid for maximum chaos, then MSQ to get the EX unlocked.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

the_steve posted:

I'm working 12-hour night shifts for the next few days, so, other than getting the ball rolling on the new custom deliveries and my island, I'm not gonna do much of anything until late sunday/early monday. But then, it's MSQ and AR

Same here, except since I had a shift on Sunday I’ll be able to play on Thursday. Planning on working on my island when the game is live and then going to bed.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, we got an early end to maintenance: 1:30AM PDT (about 20 minutes from now).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Onean posted:

Ah, we got an early end to maintenance: 1:30AM PDT (about 20 minutes from now).
Lodestone link for those wanting additional verification.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

servers are up

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
servers are up e;fb

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man we got Emerald Weapon glowies and they fuckin' suuuuuck.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the base weapons blew so that doesn't surprise me at all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vitamean posted:

the base weapons blew so that doesn't surprise me at all

Yeah, it's just disappointing the glowy effort is bare minimum. It's just like a faint yellow glow.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the xivlauncher already updated so you can patch using it if you want

edit: to be clear, to fix the patching issue, mods are still down

Endorph fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 3, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, as a reminder, they've said xbox support will start during this patch, not with dawntrail (they probably wanna stagger the influx of new/returning players.) so expect that collection of sprouts to hit sometime in the next couple months.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ATTENTION:

it's not a robe

e: also the new pvp gear is all class

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Oct 3, 2023

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vitamean posted:

e: also the new pvp gear is all class
yes, ha ha ha, yes

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they're pretty cheap, too. at 1500 a piece if you were capped out by the end of last season (you WERE doing PVP for mogtomes, weren't you?) you can buy two whole sets and still have spare change for half of another set.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
raid kicked rear end
that is all

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

rolled a 93 on the raid minion and got beat by a 95. rip

it was really nice though and I'm very satisfied.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I know it's hard to say early days but is the new raid a bit tougher than the last one?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I think there's a few more gotchas that'll kill people who aren't paying attention, but it feels about on par with euphro

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
You all have fun fighting your gods and cosmic horrors. I got some plants to tend~

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mainwaring posted:

I know it's hard to say early days but is the new raid a bit tougher than the last one?

Mechanically tougher but I definitely felt the health bars melting a lot faster than one might hope (we only saw an LB3 on the final fight).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

yo what the gently caress were the trial fight designers smoking lmao

it rules, even the normal mode version

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

gently caress yes it does. Also holy poo poo that remix, soken can not keep getting away with it!!!!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is the new raid vocal song a banger??? I'm not free until this evening and I am dying

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ibblebibble posted:

Mark it: the first fight I was AST healing where I was hoping to draw Lady of Crowns.

It's genuinely a fight so strong that it alone turned around my feelings on the entire patch MSQ, which I otherwise felt was kinda plain.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

let me be stupid overleveled you god drat game. im not even in shadowbringers

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

blunder of the century not aligning the earpiece with the linkpearl emote

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vitamean posted:

blunder of the century not aligning the earpiece with the linkpearl emote

Works pretty dece with the MCH LB3. :v:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
The PVP gear is great, you can mix and match all the pieces.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Is the new PVP gear time-locked?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

quiggy posted:

Is the new PVP gear time-locked?

Nope, it's just on the trophy crystal vendor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wanna do the AR first, but y'all making me want to do the MSQ first.

Only 3 more hours left on my shift...

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dead game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Your own fault for queueing on tank /s

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Gotta work, probably have to go grocery shopping after that because I get paid today, so might not even get to play except for an hour or so! Oh well, such is life! Might try doing Frontline roulette more to get some glam pieces, even though I normally dislike PVP.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I had to be a coward and turn down spell effects in the new alliance raid.

We had eight summoners and because of deaths all of their summons were staggered in a way that you could never see anything.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I had to be a coward and turn down spell effects in the new alliance raid.

We had eight summoners and because of deaths all of their summons were staggered in a way that you could never see anything.

Set minion size to small. Shouldn't be a need to reduce all effects.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the new PVP gear loving rules, although it is kinda funny how much you can tell that it was very deliberately made with dual dye channels in mind

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
allin tuta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Final alliance raid is very good. If only the first two were as good as this one, it would have been one of my favorites.