Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"i'm going to need to see a sextape" feels like something from 2004, intentionally vulgar dead baby jokes and Olsen Twins 18th Birthday Countdown Clock era

isn't that the entire appeal of that kind of content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

YaketySass posted:

isn't that the entire appeal of that kind of content

idk is that what you like about it?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

pardon my take is making fun of those guys, it's PFTCommenter's parody; however, barstool as a label is full of actual dipshits who'd say those things in earnest, so I can understand why the swifties would be mad

It kind of feels like whether or not it's an intentional parody it's definitely supposed to be deliberately inflammatory (I know saying people are trying to make others mad on purpose is ~a rightoid thing~ but it's true)

and tbh whether he's trolling is also kind of irrelevant to the swiftie response

Either way these are two great and terrible internet armies and I hope they don't just fizzle out because it could make for some great content

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
if you're making people mad on purpose nobody gives a gently caress if you're joking or being ironic. they just want you to gently caress off and shut up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

if you're making people mad on purpose nobody gives a gently caress if you're joking or being ironic. they just want you to gently caress off and shut up.

exactly, it's irrelevant

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i say swears online posted:

starting Bottoms

why do i look younger than the lead

curious who you thought was "the" lead

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"i'm going to need to see a sextape" feels like something from 2004, intentionally vulgar dead baby jokes and Olsen Twins 18th Birthday Countdown Clock era

every generation needs their Howard Stern

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

curious who you thought was "the" lead
i had just started it so figured the screenwriter and executive producer self-insert would be "the" lead but yeah ayo top-billed it too which was better

Open Source Idiom posted:

Confusingly, Bottoms is a film about being gay. But it's about the lady gays.

(It plot didn't rock my world, but I thought the jokes were very solid.)

the plot was fuckin' weird, lots of stuff didn't quite work for me but there were a couple sequences where i laughed hard. the absurdist ending was neat. 7/10

edit oh yeah it was the love language joke that i thought was best, lynch was good too

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Oct 3, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

he's not trying to make people mad on purpose he's making fun of those types of people. think about it like a chapo or cumtown bit: sure it's not funny, or clever or good, but its purpose is mockery rather than trolling

I don't think PFTC is funny but he's not an outrage generator

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

he's not trying to make people mad on purpose he's making fun of those types of people. think about it like a chapo or cumtown bit: sure it's not funny, or clever or good, but its purpose is mockery rather than trolling

I don't think PFTC is funny but he's not an outrage generator

pmt is supposed to be the funny sports podcast lol

i dont know why people are taking it seriously

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he was being serious actually

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its nice of taylor to put travis on the map like this @_@

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kelce is considered to be a hall of famer eventually

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Kelce is considered to be a hall of famer

Wow that Taylor swift bump is real

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's really glowing up, good for him and I hope he continues to slay :)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

Wow that Taylor swift bump is real

his brother still has higher jersey sales with female fans even with the swift bump lmfao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

his brother still has higher jersey sales with female fans even with the swift bump lmfao

that rules

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My favorite musician just married into the NFL dynasty, *sigh* I guess I have to get really into football now *glumly puts on vintage tony gonzalez jersey from ebay*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jason is giving zaddy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I still maintain Tony was a better Chiefs TE because he was also the premiere pass catcher of his era but he learned how to run and pass block at a good level which Kelce never will

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

I still maintain Tony was a better Chiefs TE because he was also the premiere pass catcher of his era but he learned how to run and pass block at a good level which Kelce never will

oh poo poo I forgot he's technically competition with Kelce for best chiefs tight end, I only said him because he's the first pre-mahomes-era Chiefs player I could think of off the top of my head

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...fb-f6fba0a30000

Lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:goofy:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loquacius posted:

Taylor Swift and Barstool Sports have gone to war

https://twitter.com/emilysears/status/1708950563361366047

Ahh yeah it’s the Big Cat baby

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

my defamation lawsuit is as big as a whale

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Blood Boils posted:

Sorry dude, it sucks when that happens, I know.

Godzilla king of the monsters 2019 was my last big disappointment, I was so hyped for that one

What's funny is how Godzilla '14 goes from gritty "we don't know what this horror is" and cool HALO jump (the trailer with the Monolith music from 2001 gave me chills) to GvK having magic anti-gravity Mario Kart machines and poo poo to go to the literal centre of the Earth to fight beasts while 11 from [Stranger Things and a boy she cucked go and have hijinx in this neon lit trans-continental underground rail system they just found. Also, evil business dude and a certain giant mech.

It's like they started out with the monster version of Heat and by the fourth film in the series are at 21 Jump Street.

Anyway, The Creator is one of those films where I really wanted it to be better because I liked Rogue One (sue me) and Edwards is great at direction, just sucks at writing, so enter Gilroy I guess. The original cut for R1 I seem to recall had a very much grittier Vietnam feel to the Battle of Scarif, but Kennedy got them to change it and only just agreed to the ending we got despite the continuity issues anything other than would give us. You can see alternate shots in the trailer with Krennic doing things not in the final cut.

It's a real shame, because The Creator has this little girl who knocks it out the park in acting, and yet, everything is just so messy and dumb in other ways that not even the amazing visuals can make me forget.

Also, lol at Ralph Ineson being an American general. Sorry, the guy is a Manc and cannot not do that accent. Cool to see him in it, though.

The US Army branding on the tanks and the buddy bombs are what I thought deeply on, leaving the theatre. And NOMAD being everywhere all at once (LEO, floating ominously over a mountain, chasing you down a valley, dropping tac nukes on a small fishing boat. Yeah, I get it. It's the Death Star here).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

what if robots watch the movie

thinking about that time someone brought chimpanzees to watch a planet of the apes movie and they were hooting and hollering the whole time

still mad i wasnt invited to watch a movie with the chimpanzees

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Oct 3, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so i just watched the second episode of generation v and am intrigued by the fact that vought has apparently had a super effective antisupe weapon this entire time and the way it works suggests it would actually be considerably more effective on homelander than it would be on nearly anyone else

its actually pretty incredibly on brand for the franchise that despite homelander being presented as if he were indestructible it would probably be pretty easy for vought to take him down if they really wanted to they just dont really want to and theyre probably not even the only people who have this trump card its just that the only ones whod actually be willing to use it are this terrorist cell of like six people who havent come up with the idea yet

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Oct 3, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Disgraced Hollywood filmmaker Brett Ratner, who has been accused of multiple counts of rape, immigrated to Israel last month, only a week after being hosted at the United Nations by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

According to the Walla News site, Ratner, a major donor to Jewish causes and the director behind the “Rush Hour” films, “X-Men: The Last Stand” and other blockbusters, had been invited to attend the prime minister’s speech during the General Assembly and even met with Netanyahu on the sidelines of the diplomatic gathering.

A photograph posted to Ratner’s Instagram account shows him standing behind the Netanyahus at the UN, his hand on the prime minister’s shoulder and his other arm around attorney Alan Dershowitz.

In 2017, six women accused Ratner of sexual harassment or misconduct in an article published in the Los Angeles Times. The women, who were all actresses at the time, included Natasha Henstridge and Olivia Munn.

Henstridge alleged that Ratner forced her to perform oral sex on him when she was 19. Munn described several encounters with Ratner, including one in which he masturbated in front of her.

Playboy Enterprises quickly distanced itself from Ratner as his attorney denied the allegations and Wednesday Warner Bros. severed ties with the director.

Ratner was notably previously business partners with James Packer, an Australian billionaire businessman who stands at the center of the so-called Case 1000 against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Netanyahu is charged with fraud and breach of trust for accepting gifts worth hundreds of thousands of shekels from Packer as well as Hollywood producer and businessman Arnon Milchan.

In 2015, Ratner claimed that Packer, who is not Jewish, had "recently became an Israeli citizen and happens to live next door to Benjamin Netanyahu."
Ratner is not the only Hollywood bigwig to leave for Israel in the wake of career difficulties following sexual misconduct allegations.

The Usual Suspects and X-Men director Bryan Singer, who was accused of having sex and raping several underage men, also currently lives in Israel.

According to a recent report in Variety, Singer is currently “looking to return to his lower-budget auteur roots with three narrative features set in and around Israel.”

Many Americans accused of sexually abusing children flee to Israel to escape justice — and bringing them back can be tough, according to a 2020 CBS News investigation citing research by Jewish Community Watch, a U.S.-based organization that tracks accused pedophiles.

Jewish Community Watch, which started tracking accused pedophiles in 2014, said at the time that it had identified more than 60 accused pedophiles who have fled from the U.S. to Israel but the actual number is likely much larger.

On Monday, Israel announced the arrest and pending extradition of former Mexican diplomat Andrés Roemer, who has been accused of sexual abuse and rape. Roemer, who is Jewish, reportedly fled to Israel in 2021 to avoid facing charges. He denies any wrongdoing.

In 2021, Israel extradited Gershon Kranczer, a rabbi who had fled to the Jewish state in 2010 to escape arrest on charges of sexually assaulting children.
And in August, an Australian court sentenced Israeli Malka Leifer, a former principal of an Australian Jewish school, to 15 years behind bars for the sexual abuse of two young high school students, following years of efforts to secure her extradition.

Leifer, who returned to Israel in 2008 as the allegations surfaced, received further assistance from former health minister and United Torah Judaism lawmaker Yaakov Litzman—who was himself later convicted for obstructing justice and pressuring ministry employees to alter psychiatric evaluations to make it appear that she was unfit to stand trial.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

guess we need to stop making x-men movies

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

????

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn, based on the novel "Wank Journal," by Bruce Timm

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

movie poster design is my passion

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
graphic novels are books sir!!!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The contrabulous frabtraption of professor Harley quinn

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i love titles that sound like zoomer nonsense except they were written by old people so even the zoomers dont get them

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

The contrabulous frabtraption of professor Harley quinn

Marvel put wolverine in everything.
Dc put batman into everything.
Marvel movies stuck Nick Fury at the end of every flick.

Welcome to the frabtraption Harley Quinn-afication of DC movies.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im a little surprised noone tried to blame misogyny for the two followup harley quinn movies failing

granted this thesis is contradicted by literally every other recent superhero movie with a woman in the starring role but its not like thats ever stopped them before

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

fondly remembering how the concept of making a movie about wonder woman literally one of the top five best known superhero names worldwide was considered one of the most batshit crazy ideas in hollywood until zach snyder got steve mnuchin of all people to cover the initial costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
What are they even trying to do with this terrible Harley Quinn redesign (yes I’m aware it’s like 10 years old now). Her costume was perfect! Her name is harlequin so she dressed as a jester. And it was y’know, a costume. And It had that cool alternating red/black thing.
Now she’s just “Woman holding baseball bat”. She’s supposed to be a jester themed supervillain, it’s literally her name. She doesn’t even wear a costume it’s just shorts and a tank top! What do baseball bats even have to do with clowns?