Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Zopotantor posted:

Shrews are venomous. They’re called "pointy mice" in German, is that enough?

One cannot ask too much of life, lest one end up disappointed. This is more than acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Venomouse

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is legit a great stick, I spent quite a while looking for the best stick to make my walking stick out of and I would deffo have grabbed that one.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Finding and enjoying a really nice stick is one of the best things about being a great ape.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The only venomous mammals are the platypus and some random shrew. One of those is kind of like a mouse.

Edit: should have refreshed...

Platypuses aren't mammals.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Lone Badger posted:

Platypuses aren't mammals.
I've seen people getting screaming mad about this at pub trivia nights
:negative:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Is this like a reference to something or something? Like, am I missing something? I can't find any references that say it's not a mammal.

https://www.britannica.com/story/why-is-the-platypus-a-mammal

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Yoshi Wins posted:

Is this like a reference to something or something? Like, am I missing something? I can't find any references that say it's not a mammal.

https://www.britannica.com/story/why-is-the-platypus-a-mammal

It was a troll.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Maybe they are saying they aren’t placental mammals? No marsupials or monotremes allowed in the club? Idk. They lactate just fine

E: oh ok

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I've been had.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Regy Rusty posted:

That was one determined leopard like there's gotta be easier prey out there

Yeah. Whilst a thousand times YAY for the parents protecting their kid with their spiny arses.

I still have respect for the leopard getting painfully poked in the face repeatedly, but still trying, still circling, still hustling.

Lets hope he finds a nice easy soft meal somewhere later.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Finding and enjoying a really nice stick is one of the best things about being a great ape.

wow someone has a high opinion of themself

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

freeedr posted:

Maybe they are saying they aren’t placental mammals? No marsupials or monotremes allowed in the club? Idk. They lactate just fine

E: oh ok

They're like bats, they're bugs

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Me and my friend once found a stick at our usual smoke spot in the woods near his house, that looked like a dildo combined with a gun but the handle bit of the gun was like at 45 degrees instead of 90 like a dawn off Winchester or something. We had a lot of fun with the dildo gun, including but not limited to shooting each other with it; disarming each other in the most creative ways possible; seeing how many times you could spin it in the air and catch it; and doing slow motion Matrix style moves with it vs. our opponents finger guns/invisible shotgun. A great stick, and we were sad to see it disappear from the spot.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Showed this to my 9 year old, he turned to me and literally just went like this: :stare:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Something that no one tells you about kids is that they will steal all of your best walking sticks.

That stick is taller than you are, by a lot. My joints need the support. Go pick on someone your own size. :negative:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The best walking sticks are taller than you, mine is seven feet tall.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

A good walking stick should also double as a quarterstaff.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrigadierSensible posted:

I still have respect for the leopard getting painfully poked in the face repeatedly, but still trying, still circling, still hustling.

hustle culture is bullshit and will have you dying from hunger with a face full of spines :colbert:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah. Whilst a thousand times YAY for the parents protecting their kid with their spiny arses.

Lets hope he finds a nice easy soft meal somewhere later.
Probably a female leopard, as they're active through the morning and at sunset while male leopards are generally only awake at night :eng101:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Biplane posted:

A good walking stick should also double as a quarterstaff.

oh man my grandparents had a whole cylinder by the door with actual walking sticks with shaped heads on the handles and everything. you dont see them a lot anymore

i always checked if there was maybe a stiletto in one of them if i just twisted it right

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Carthag Tuek posted:

oh man my grandparents had a whole cylinder by the door with actual walking sticks with shaped heads on the handles and everything. you dont see them a lot anymore

i always checked if there was maybe a stiletto in one of them if i just twisted it right

Tutankhamun's tomb contained nearly 200 walking sticks. Guy must have really liked sticks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zopotantor posted:

Tutankhamun's tomb contained nearly 200 walking sticks. Guy must have really liked sticks.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Zopotantor posted:

He was seriously disabled and likely used the sticks daily. The collection was meant to serve him in the afterlife.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You'd think the fancy shmancy Egyptian Afterlife Shack could afford a good woodworker or two.

and before they even knew it there came Christianity to fill the void!

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

He was seriously disabled and likely used the sticks daily. The collection was meant to serve him in the afterlife.

Maybe not!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

By popular demand posted:

You'd think the fancy shmancy Egyptian Afterlife Shack could afford a good woodworker or two.

and before they even knew it there came Christianity to fill the void!

The Christian god has terrible experience involving wood.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lol good luck with that now that all those sticky fingered archeologist nick them all!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A few years ago, Penny Dreadful was being filmed near where I lived, so one day, when I was out walking the dog, I passed the filming location with all the props trailers etc.
One of the trailers was about 50% walking sticks, just packed with so many amazing walking sticks.
Unfortunately there was a props guy on guard, so I couldn't get a closer look :(

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

tribbledirigible posted:

He was an honest-to-himself carpenter.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Zopotantor posted:

Nah, his "dad" was.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

tribbledirigible posted:

Zopotantor posted:

This sounds like a great post for the OSHA thread

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

FFT posted:

Nah, his "dad" was.

He was a bowler

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Female rickshaw pullers of Tokyo

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A New Jersey hero rammed his car into a police station while blasting Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n' Roses :patriot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCBoGflJsTE
(audio was added to the silent security footage for our enjoyment)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dunno what that is apropos of but every day is a good day for this :metal:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Was it on purpose or were they just drunk and/or old?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The police say it was intentional, which immediately makes me doubt that's true, but this victorious stance immediately after the crash does make me suspect that's probably the case:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

The police say it was intentional, which immediately makes me doubt that's true, but this victorious stance immediately after the crash does make me suspect that's probably the case:

According to Penguinz0, this is the drivers second driving a car through a building in recent times. First one was over some squabble with a neighbour.