Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you broke my grill posted:

Pluggers inhale poison for fun
and here i was doing it simply because i live in a society built around the combustion engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Heathcliff you rascal

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I happily scroll past half the comics in this thread. Not everything is for everyone, and even some of the most beloved comics in this thread just aren't for me. It's fine. Other people do enjoy them. :justpost:

Green Intern posted:

Kill Copper Ma on the field of battle baseball

If they won't let you marry Copper Ma's wife, you can still marry Copper Ma's widow.

Luann

She knows Luann is actively trying to get with this dude, but she's still happy to try to scoop him up right under her nose. Best friends!

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

Sorry Daddy Daze, I have it on better authority that you're wrong.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

If they won't let you marry Copper Ma's wife, you can still marry Copper Ma's widow.

this is perfect.

sounds like something Val would say with a smirk and an eyebrow up.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 3, 2023

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

don Jaime posted:

Maybe you should :justpost: some better comics, friend.

Not this

Julet Esqu posted:

I happily scroll past half the comics in this thread. Not everything is for everyone, and even some of the most beloved comics in this thread just aren't for me. It's fine. Other people do enjoy them. :justpost:

This. I very much appreciate the effort people make day in, day out to post comics, and as long as it's not something like Dilbert or Chickweed Lane that actively offends people or creeps them out, I'd like it if we don't start shaming people for posting them, just because we don't like them.

It's no effort at all to scroll past them, and the Patreon thing was one person's weird hangup they need to just let go.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

don Jaime posted:

Maybe you should :justpost: some better comics, friend.

lol

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 29, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

gently caress you, the banjo is an awesome instrument!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

The Lockhorns

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I feel like this punchline or a form of it may have been done before... but I still found this tres jolie.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is a good Taken gag.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jul. 26, 1959)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Taken 4: a Fool! :xd:

(Imagine getting this on Facebook from your aunt, with several cry-laughing Minions)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Lightni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Sticky 10/2/03

Brenda Starr 10/21/51

Smokey Stover 3/3/57

Everyday Movies 10/29/36

"I used to get calls to take people from around here to some pretty fine addresses, but not any more. I guess this neighborhood ain't what it used to be."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/19/42

Bonus Ad! Nothing sells cereal like cultural appropriation!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange
You don't scan loose fruit and vegetables though? You select them from a list and weight them. They're the thing you're least likely to need assistance with since the only way it can go wrong is if you accidentally press the wrong button. :confused:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Tiggum posted:

You don't scan loose fruit and vegetables though? You select them from a list and weight them. They're the thing you're least likely to need assistance with since the only way it can go wrong is if you accidentally press the wrong button. :confused:

I've seen both. All sorts of produce at the place I shop is per-item.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Tiggum posted:

Some places have little scales in the produce section and you can weigh them there. Then you can print out a barcode so when you check out, you just scan that. It's kinda fun.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Haifisch posted:

1981 comics

Paul appears to be successfully deploying the Homer Simpson strategy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 3, 2023

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 7, 1935)

Peanuts (October 5, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (September 27-29, 1934)

Salomey was eventually the name of Yokum family's pig, which (before I saw this strip) I always assumed was pun on "salami". But when you start thinking like that, it makes you wonder what happened to the mule. And how many guests the recipe served.

Thimble Theater (May 7, 1940)

Out Our Way (December 17-19, 1942)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

sharks do not produce bubbles :argh:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 26, 1959)

Camelot!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

There are seven differences. That one fish's fin is the wrong color. You have failed once again, Weber.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

(https://imgur.com/FYnAOvk)

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "298 - Jucika And Love"

"299 - Jucika Protects Herself"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

davidspackage posted:

*holds out fist* continue to abuse your wife, Shortie!
My least favorite part of Demons of Baseball is that Hardy is doing some genuinely disturbed and disturbing stuff and then it gets treated the exact same as, say, Two Guns struggling because his ex cheated(?) on him and dumped him and is now gaslighting his dad into thinking Two Guns abused and neglected her because he's famous now, or Winnie whose American dad left him and his mom behind in abject poverty and never answered any of his mom's letters and now wants to connect because he's famous now. Like, those are legitimately hard emotional struggles neither of them deserved and it sucks Prudence cherry-picked her description of them to make them sound like the ones at fault, and Then There's Hardy, who really should just get a loving divorce and stay away from women.

EDIT: Maybe the point is that this sort of rhetoric isn't great because it might help you stand up to people that have hurt you, but then you have people like Hardy, who will use it to be a poo poo.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 3, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

All of a sudden the recurring trope about dog catchers being psychos with a malicious antipathy toward dogs inappropriate for their alleged place in the social contract is a lot easier to understand.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

In 1940 radio astronomy was only a few years old and there weren't any big radio dishes yet, so I guess they had no choice but to have the homeworld burn a few trillion megawatts to light up all of Saturn in Morse code. (What do they do with those lights the rest of the time, I wonder?)

Also, the light speed time to Saturn is a bit over an hour, so the Professor had time to go make a sandwich or something before sitting down to watch for the reply.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If they're too far away to send help directly, how are they going to cut off supplies between here and Mars? Mars is even closer than Saturn!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
:hmmyes:

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Tune in next week for this guy moving back out and breaking his lease, because he just wants to live somewhere he can get some peace and quiet.