Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sedgr posted:

The original Prophet aliens forced their way into the wormhole and it was pretty much the same thing forever after that because they only experience time simultaneously.

Who were these original aliens? Do we know anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

Who were these original aliens? Do we know anything?

I’m about 80% certain they had either pointy ears or forehead crinckles and wore pastel colored 90’s sweaters

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

There's a theory that the wormhole aliens are future Bajorans who evolved into them and then became their own gods because time shenanigans but I am going to to suggest that they were future Skreeans instead. And the Tears of the Prophets should be more accurately called the Skinflakes of the Prophets.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i think they're the bajorans.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the wormhole aliens are just odo having a laugh

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I always figure they were like the Q.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hollismason posted:

And the skreeans(Bajor's opposites) have a magic bottle of wine that if they open it then a prophet has to show up?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hollismason posted:

for a laugh Q trapped them in a wormhole forever like the bad guys from superman 2

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

In my headcanon dragon ball z power rankings the prophets/pahwraiths are 3 levels below the Q, who themselves are 1 level below Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

pictured: jesus christ [sic]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GolfHole posted:

pictured: jesus christ [sic]

Praise Him!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The wormhole aliens are colonialist oppressors, we never got the final season of DS9 where Sisko comes back and talks about how racist they are.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The wormhole aliens probably deposited Sisko 1000 years back in the past because they don't understand time.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I also just assumed the prophets are highly evolved Bajorans hence the "we're of Bajor" spiel.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I also just assumed the prophets are highly evolved Bajorans hence the "we're of Bajor" spiel.

Either Bajorans, or some future Bajoran Cardassian mix was always my thought.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I always assumed that in the one DS9 episode that Q shows up but he doesn't actually do anything, was because of the proximity of the station to the Prophets. Sisko being no fun was a secondary reason.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Endless Trash posted:

In my headcanon dragon ball z power rankings the prophets/pahwraiths are 3 levels below the Q, who themselves are 1 level below Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior

And on top of them all, the koala.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PON WHEREEEEEVER YOU AAAAARE

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MikeJF posted:

PON WHEREEEEEVER YOU AAAAARE

Pon de floor?

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Bitching about Voyager stuff.

Episode "The 37s" had like 5 "some kind of...". I'm hoping that is the peak but there's 100+ to go. Season 1 ended on a wet fart but reading up they jostled the broadcast schedule. Also why did aliens bring humans to that planet but leave the truck out in orbit? I won't get into how absurd that it started up.

Neelix is such an unlikable character. Jealous, obnoxious, loud, manic. Maybe he'll evolve a bit. I don't remember him much when watching the series when it came out. Kes goes into heat was a thing. Also found out Ensign Wildman is pregnant which made me remember 7 of 9 and Naomi Wildman having moments together which I vaguely remember being good but not sure.

Even the doctor centric episode Projections was a bit of a disappointment. I think we're due for some good ones but Harry goes to San Fran is next for us so :thumbsup:

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Bitching about Voyager stuff.

Episode "The 37s" had like 5 "some kind of...". I'm hoping that is the peak but there's 100+ to go. Season 1 ended on a wet fart but reading up they jostled the broadcast schedule. Also why did aliens bring humans to that planet but leave the truck out in orbit? I won't get into how absurd that it started up.

Neelix is such an unlikable character. Jealous, obnoxious, loud, manic. Maybe he'll evolve a bit. I don't remember him much when watching the series when it came out. Kes goes into heat was a thing. Also found out Ensign Wildman is pregnant which made me remember 7 of 9 and Naomi Wildman having moments together which I vaguely remember being good but not sure.

Even the doctor centric episode Projections was a bit of a disappointment. I think we're due for some good ones but Harry goes to San Fran is next for us so :thumbsup:

Neelix gets better, I'll give him that. He never redeems himself in my eyes, but the visceral hate I had for him in season 1/2 does mellow out.

I remember being incredibly pissed that Neelix didn't die when he got the his lungs stolen during my first watch of Voyager. Like, the angriest I've ever been about Star Trek.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He does get better yea, but then gets worse for a short bit, then generally gets better over time.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I softened a lot on Neelix when he takes care of Tuvok's brain injury and if I were on a 70-year return journey home I'd be grateful to have someone like him aboard.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Neelix never gets better and deserves nothing but contempt

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

I don't care if they become non-corporeal, those skin flake aliens need to be kicked in the teeth.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Also Chakotay was going to risk his life so a kid could have a name?

The Kazon are low rent Klingons with none of the fun and a never ending case of bad hair day.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Big rear end On Fire posted:

The Kazon are low rent Klingons with none of the fun and a never ending case of bad hair day.

So basically every klingon story in tng that involves worf

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
“Neelix becomes more tolerable” is a way of saying “the writers give him way less screen time and plots as the show goes on”. At least that’s how I remember it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Neelix he's a funny goblin man. Just ignore anything to do with Kes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't know (doubt) if I'll ever do a Voyager rewatch, but I wonder if Neelix would grow on me the way the Ferengi grew on me on my rewatch of DS9.

I used to hate them, dread their episodes. But I found myself entertained on the rewatch, even enjoying previously hated episodes (Profit and Lace).

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm going through Voyager for (mostly) the first time, and outside of anything to do with Kes, Neelix is fine so far. :shrug:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No one who defends twuvix gets to say they hate neelix

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Why? I thought he shouldn't be murdered, not that I liked him personally.

Neelix isn't terrible outside of the Kes stuff, he's just mostly unlikeable. Kes stuff included and he falls into the negative of generally hurting the story while not adding much. He mostly works as a comedy bit a time or two, and other than that its just a shotgun blast scatter of plots.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Given all the complaints and the almost entire human crew, I wouldn't let Neelix cook for the ship.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like that Neelix is not very likeable, the reason he seems unlikeable is he is constantly trolling the bridge staff and especially Tuvok, famously, but ESPECIALLY Janeway. Who unlike Tuvok does not realize she is being trolled.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sedgr posted:

Why? I thought he shouldn't be murdered, not that I liked him personally.

Because he's supposed to be half neelix.

Also this just goes to show that Tuvix was worse than the sum of his parts, since Tuvok and Neelix would have absolutely sacrificed themselves to save 2 crewmen.

on top of that, if maybe they didn't think that was the best choice but they were going to go do it anyway, they sure as hell wouldn't yell and scream at their crewmates about it.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

CainFortea posted:

Because he's supposed to be half neelix.

Also this just goes to show that Tuvix was worse than the sum of his parts, since Tuvok and Neelix would have absolutely sacrificed themselves to save 2 crewmen.

on top of that, if maybe they didn't think that was the best choice but they were going to go do it anyway, they sure as hell wouldn't yell and scream at their crewmates about it.

The logical Tuvok would have been ok with being merged with Neelix, since it means less resources drained on the ship by reducing the crew count.
The emotional Neelix would have been ok being merged with Tuvok, since it means he gets to be more important by being a security officer.

The leader Janeway demands blood.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Janeway: I've got it, Tuvix! We'll clone you, and then separate the clone into Tuvok and Neelix!

Tuvix: This is acceptable.

Tuvix 2: I don't wanna die!

Janeway: Goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just can't help but think Twix when I think of Tuvix and so I always conclude: Eat them both.