Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
shower thought: i've personally buried at leeeeast 300 people and arranged the burials of like triple that and then probably sold double that many graves
weird lol

cruft posted:

I mean, it's kind of the thread's premise, innit. I try to toss in "actually things are going okay" stories once in a while, but it feels kind of tone deaf to do that in this sea of misery.

yeah but work, or maybe coworkers, or some aspect of something vaguely related to work can still be funny and stuff so just post regardless

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I just sorta left work at 4:30

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

here's hoping the rest of us can dip out a lil early too.

I haven't left the house to go there yet though :(

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
can't leave early but my boss is gone so hopefully this is a slow rear end day

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
or easy anyway

Ass-penny

if any of your still alive customers give you the hard time just push em into a open grave imo

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

rear end-penny posted:

if any of your still alive customers give you the hard time just push em into a open grave imo
agreed

i do keep a mental list of annoying customers i am looking forward to burying

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

I mean, it sounds like formatting this document is going to be a massive productivity sink anyway, I understand not wanting to write out contracts, especially if the language has already been approved.

It absolutely was.
One of the signature pages, which, of course, are the last page of each section, had four "continuous section" breaks between different rows of the table they had created. WHY.
It turned out to be impossible to correct, so I had to make that page its own section and hope there isn't any nonsense from the reviewers about it. Both my boss and I were seething - me, because it kept me from important work plus my hands were aching, her, because she already was dealing with multiple contracts AND the people who wrote this stupid contract were sending whiney messages asking when they were going to get it back for signatures. Frankly amazed my boss didn't drive over there with a stout and thorny stick.
This contractor keeps finding new ways to infuriate us both; it almost impressive.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

Watching harbor seal pups is very soothing.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
heh monday number 5 am i right folks

cruft

Holy crap, the US government may not shut down after all.

This is a big weight off my shoulders. That was going to suuuuuck for me.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Aww, I was looking forward to almost no emails for a week. Although I guess our clients could've panicked and just went more emails about the shutdown to compensate for the lack of emails from various govt agencies.

Ah, whatever. The last couple times we had a shutdown it was mostly just boring but my bosses keep freaking out about new ones anyway. At least now they won't be so on edge.

Ass-penny

gently caress I can't wait to quit this dumb job

Ass-penny

it is Monday and noon thirty and my lower back is hosed up I really don't know what I did. so I'm blaming this new heavy rear end plaster mold.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

it is Monday and noon thirty and my lower back is hosed up I really don't know what I did. so I'm blaming this new heavy rear end plaster mold.

Getting older loving sucks like that. Not so long ago I had to take a day off of work because my back hurts too much. I think it was from lifting kegs at an angle?

Escape From Noise

JFC. Doing inventory and the restaurant manager left a cleaning keg full of water and caustic on a shelf. Not only is that loving dangerous as hell, cold caustic is pretty ineffective at cleaning.

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Getting older loving sucks like that. Not so long ago I had to take a day off of work because my back hurts too much. I think it was from lifting kegs at an angle?

yeah I heard that. I'm taking today off for the same reason. I can hardly breathe without wincing. it feels like a sneak peak at my future and death cannot come soon enough, because this is no life at all

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
*sigh* I tell ya what

Escape From Noise

It'd be great if these chucklefucks could at least loving comprehend just a little bit what a goddamn production schedule is, why it's important to set up and follow as closely as is reasonably possible, the prep required to get everything in order, and that the vast majority of beers take a little over four weeks at minimum! It'd also be rad if we could do anything to address the lack of cold storage space and kegs, but we're operating in the red and the company doesn't want to spend more money until we turn a profit. Good thing we're limited to like two beers a month though. We'll definitely become profitable that way. Any scheduling I try and put together constantly falls apart because of the company's loving special projects they spring on me with zero notice,.gently caress up the rest of the schedule by getting in the way of any beers already in the tanks, and take up space and kegs I don't have. But don't worry! It won't take up any of our walk-in space! They'll store it at the restaurant I'm making the beer for! Spoiler: This will not happen. I'll always have to store the majority of the beer here as they pick up a few kegs every week or so.

I'm in a catch 22. I need to make the brewery profitable in order to get the company to invest in more kegs and cold room space but that's not going to happen with such limited basic resources like lack of kegs and cold storage. They are incapable of promoting the beer in house and won't get rid of the macro safety blanket. Meanwhile there's nobody taking care of sales. Even if there were nobody is buying from us after the piss poor customer service we've given. Also we don't have nearly enough kegs for regular larger volume outside sales.

TLDR: gently caress A JOB!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 4, 2023

Escape From Noise

Management's inability to follow production schedules I lay out with a grid by tank is going to give me a loving aneurysm. Today it was suggested I lay out my monthly production schedule IN SENTENCES! WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress??? That's so much harder to follow and so much more work for something they routinely ignore immediately after viewing!

Farecoal

There he go
Sorry but we need it in the form of a sonnet

Ass-penny

I took the last couple days off and I'm here now and a lot of stuff has moved around. I think they want to move production into the main area so that they can supervise via a security camera. it's lame and I am going to quit as soon as I can

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Haha.

At least it was just a suggestion from the restaurant as a way to get management to remember the schedule. It won't though and I'm absolutely not doing that. It's extra work in a far more difficult to understand format.

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

Management's inability to follow production schedules I lay out with a grid by tank is going to give me a loving aneurysm. Today it was suggested I lay out my monthly production schedule IN SENTENCES! WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress??? That's so much harder to follow and so much more work for something they routinely ignore immediately after viewing!

Farecoal posted:

Escape From Noise's stupid loving work,
Forever seeking ways to regulate,
The other day discovered how to jerk
Around his job, and further complicate.

His brewing calendar was formerly
Recorded on a neat and tidy grid.
So anyone who wanted to could see
What chemistry took place beneath the lid.

But now the motherfuckers want the times
Presented as a string of kanji prose
As if a fifth grade teacher would assign
A grade for how effectively it flows.

The bottles for this batch will look so dope:
A boozy form of Doctor Bronner's Soap

cruft

OMG gently caress this poo poo

cruft

Quitting 15m early so I can tend to this god damned stress headache

Ass-penny

did a life cast of someone's head yesterday, that was a cool change of pace, and a first for me. we ended up going a lil light on the alginate layer and it distorted some when we poured clay in it but I think it'll sculpt out.

cruft

For a long, long time, I thought "losing sleep over X" was just a saying.

A few weeks ago I realized that when I wake up in the middle of the night agitated about something, or when I can't get to sleep because I'm trembling from anger and stress, that is literally losing sleep over something.

Anyway, I'm losing sleep over this lovely situation at work. I'm being stabbed in the back by two people I hired and mentored, and it feels really bad. They appear to have forced me out of the program I created from scratch 12 years ago and have been building ever since. Ironically, the program is about bringing people together to collaborate on shared goals. Not sure how this survives a hostile leadership takeover. Maybe they're not thinking that far ahead.

I'll be fine. I actually have some bigger stuff coming my way: I would have had to hand over the reins on this thing anyhow. They don't know this, though. They're just being power-hungry assholes.

It sucks to be betrayed by somebody you spent so much time and energy trying to elevate, and I'm losing sleep over it. I wish I could focus on the fact that this all kind of works out and I have exciting things to look forward to, but all I can think about is how hurt I feel.

Ass-penny

I thought you started a new job this year, was I way wrong about that?

anyway, if you made it this long thinking that was a figure I'd speech I'd say you're doing pretty good. I'm up at night stressing about all kinds of dumb poo poo. sorry your people are shitheads but I meet lovely people all of the time, people are not good.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I thought you started a new job this year, was I way wrong about that?

I did. The agreement was that I would continue to run this program, then old job did the mother of all rug pulls.

Really glad I'm no longer working for those jerks. I still have to work with them, which, ugh. And now the people I hired are telling me what to do, and not in a nice way.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

I did. The agreement was that I would continue to run this program, then old job did the mother of all rug pulls.

Really glad I'm no longer working for those jerks. I still have to work with them, which, ugh. And now the people I hired are telling me what to do, and not in a nice way.

:yikeseroo:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

cruft

Yeah, well, work, amirite?

Ass-penny

I hear that. I'm glad I only need to be here six and a half hours today. do you think they'd be receptive to you saying something like "I agreed to continue doing my job and I will do that and you don't have to be an rear end in a top hat to get me to do the job"

Ass-penny

I think about this Jim Carrey post a lot.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I hear that. I'm glad I only need to be here six and a half hours today. do you think they'd be receptive to you saying something like "I agreed to continue doing my job and I will do that and you don't have to be an rear end in a top hat to get me to do the job"

In the cartoon version of my life, yeah. In reality, they probably don't think they're being assholes. Maybe they think I'm the rear end in a top hat. I have a hard time understanding what's motivating this behavior, I would never do this to someone. But I have to assume they're not rubbing their hands together and cackling in a dark room.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

cruft posted:

In the cartoon version of my life, yeah. In reality, they probably don't think they're being assholes. Maybe they think I'm the rear end in a top hat. I have a hard time understanding what's motivating this behavior, I would never do this to someone. But I have to assume they're not rubbing their hands together and cackling in a dark room.

maybe they're not twisting their moustaches and cackling in a direct act of aggression but they're still vultures and assholes so gently caress em regardless

cruft

It's been 4 months and I'm still glad I switched jobs, despite all the bullshit fallout.

Today I appear to have officially landed the new program. :peanut:

I've been working out of the car most of the day, in the parking lot of a library next to a rose garden. Ruby's in the back seat taking a nap. We're waiting for ms cruft to be done with class for the day, then we'll check into her rental. It's not the best work setup, but it's a pleasant change for today.

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
did something naughty today and pulled a sickie so i could get a magikarp tattoo

Ass-penny

w4ddl3d33 posted:

did something naughty today and pulled a sickie so i could get a magikarp tattoo

lol love it. presumably in a coverable location so your coworkers don't ask when you got the new ink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

rear end-penny posted:

lol love it. presumably in a coverable location so your coworkers don't ask when you got the new ink?

its on my ankle but im incapable of keeping anything to myself so by thursday ill have shown them all