Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

It's not the best build, but I like this combo for solo queue-

Diversion - Need a distraction, make a distraction
Dramaturgy - Get a useful item even if every chest has been looted
Deja Vu - I am going to do everything in my power to prevent you from three genning the rest of us
Windows of Opportunity - Wow, look at all those dead zones/pre-thrown pallets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My go to is: Distortion,<random>, Dead hard, <Deja Vu>

The random is usually lightweight, but I will throw in other gadget perks there. Deja Vu may get swapped out if I need something for challenges.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Looks like Eyrie of Crows is going blue for Halloween?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIt4jzQz83Y

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

As a counterpoint to all this: I play this on occasion on PC, mostly as leatherface who I enjoy playing.

If there is a sale or a freeplay weekend I recommend trying it, but it does have a higher learning curve than other games.

At low levels this game is incredibly fun. At high levels this game makes DBD look super balanced.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

At low levels this game is incredibly fun. At high levels this game makes DBD look super balanced.

Yeah I'm like... 28 I think? So I haven't kicked in to that top gear yet, whats that division again?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

Yeah I'm like... 28 I think? So I haven't kicked in to that top gear yet, whats that division again?

Its apparently level based with mostly two buckets of less than level 50 and above level 50, but because of how players tend to play once you get above 50 its mostly level 80+ only. That si pretty much all my matches, just level 80+ only on both sides (I am level 86). And it is pure suffering on family side (and a complete walk in the park on victim side)

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

Alert. Seriously, try it. See the killer's aura every time they kick a gen, pallet, or wall. It's so loving useful in so many ways.

I'm so glad other people are banging the Alert drum. For like a full year my SWF build was Alert, Distortion, Utility Perk, Archive Perk (with utility perk being UB, Reassurance, DS, some kind of Good Perk to counter potentially difficult playstyles)
I can provide info for my team in 2 different ways, and I have something clutch just in case.

I don't....enjoy solo but in general I think if I tried it my build would be trying to cover the lack of SWF communication? Distortion, Kindred, Any Means, maybe deja vu.
Any Means instead of Windows for a couple reasons. You get an idea of where chase is mapwide by looking at where the pallets are being dropped, you know if the killer is breaking them and where, and you can reset them if you're on your way somewhere else. Windows is a bit more useful in teams because you get the window info as well, but I think Any Means having a bit more utility in lieu of pure info is better for solos.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

Its apparently level based with mostly two buckets of less than level 50 and above level 50, but because of how players tend to play once you get above 50 its mostly level 80+ only. That si pretty much all my matches, just level 80+ only on both sides (I am level 86). And it is pure suffering on family side (and a complete walk in the park on victim side)

Fair enough, I can't speak to that level of play at all so all I can say is the little bit I play I have fun.

I'm a Cook/Bubba player. (both are maxed) I usually play Bubba just because a lot of people won't. I honestly enjoy him, even though he can get bullied early on, I just try not to let it get to me. If I catch a non-Ana player in a bad situation they are soon to be eye-loving my chainsaw. Ana I need some luck.

My biggest bug-a-boo is the lack of people coordinating/talking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/TXChainSawGame/status/1709248341920416022?s=20

Patch Notes - October 3rd, 2023

A Patch will be rolling out at roughly 4:30PM Eastern US time today on all platforms.

Today's patch consists of various backend stability and server fixes to ready up the title for future, larger patches.

This patch also includes the necessary changes to turn cross play back on for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5 platforms. Once you install the latest patch, cross play will be enabled and PC will be reintegrated into the pool.

Please make sure to fully close the title and restart to download the patch.

To report any and all existing or persistent issues, please use the support site.

Please stay tuned to the official channels for any news on the status of the upcoming patch.

Thanks for your continued support and patience!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm so glad other people are banging the Alert drum. For like a full year my SWF build was Alert, Distortion, Utility Perk, Archive Perk (with utility perk being UB, Reassurance, DS, some kind of Good Perk to counter potentially difficult playstyles)
I can provide info for my team in 2 different ways, and I have something clutch just in case.

I don't....enjoy solo but in general I think if I tried it my build would be trying to cover the lack of SWF communication? Distortion, Kindred, Any Means, maybe deja vu.
Any Means instead of Windows for a couple reasons. You get an idea of where chase is mapwide by looking at where the pallets are being dropped, you know if the killer is breaking them and where, and you can reset them if you're on your way somewhere else. Windows is a bit more useful in teams because you get the window info as well, but I think Any Means having a bit more utility in lieu of pure info is better for solos.

I've been a long time Any Means enjoyer as well, even when it had a cooldown. Something about being able to reset pallets just appeals to me for some reason.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I've been a long time Any Means enjoyer as well, even when it had a cooldown. Something about being able to reset pallets just appeals to me for some reason.

The best thing to do with Any Means Necessary is go to the gen in shack and drop the pallet right away if someone is there. Give them a nice heart attack.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

The best thing to do with Any Means Necessary is go to the gen in shack and drop the pallet right away if someone is there. Give them a nice heart attack.

It's fun to combo it with Lithe if it's a killer that doesn't want to break pallets. Messing with my fellow survivors at shack is always a good time, for sure.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

https://x.com/TXChainSawGame/status/1709248341920416022?s=20

Patch Notes - October 3rd, 2023

A Patch will be rolling out at roughly 4:30PM Eastern US time today on all platforms.

Today's patch consists of various backend stability and server fixes to ready up the title for future, larger patches.

This patch also includes the necessary changes to turn cross play back on for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5 platforms. Once you install the latest patch, cross play will be enabled and PC will be reintegrated into the pool.

Please make sure to fully close the title and restart to download the patch.

To report any and all existing or persistent issues, please use the support site.

Please stay tuned to the official channels for any news on the status of the upcoming patch.

Thanks for your continued support and patience!

Lmao I guess the rampant negative sentiment finally shook them. I suspect the anti cheat still doens't work but I don't really care and am just happy for fresh meat to be back on the menu.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

You're a loving monster. :negative:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Comfortador posted:

You're a loving monster. :negative:

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

I'd argue that this is the best way to use Any Means Necessary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3L6nyMTOQ

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bond is the goat solo q perk.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

curiousTerminal posted:

Yeah, this is the other side of the Alert coin: it's insanely useful when you're SWF to the point that I almost feel bad using it. I often SWF in a 2-man and between Alert and Kindred I can constantly call out insane amounts of info as to the whereabouts of the killer and our other two teammates.

Relyssa posted:

Alert is indeed amazing, and I've been a very big fan of it for a long time now. My solo queue build would then look like Distortion/Kindred/Alert/$somefourthperk. I will always run Distortion because of how much info it gives you even if it never procs. You immediately learn if they're running Lethal, BBQ, Nowhere to Hide, etc. Kindred because duh. Still unsure what I want that fourth perk to be. I don't like exhaustion perks but that's my own personal hangups talking. Inner Healing is fun but I am godawful at finding totems and every time I run it the killer also happens to be running penti. I would ideally like this to be a general use build without pigeonholing myself into one specific thing too much.

I might just try to get over myself and run Sprint Burst as the 4th since it's useful in practically every situation.
Well, if Inner Healing and Sprint Burst are out, I'll give a little more elaboration on my other prior suggestions and why I take 'em:

Visionary is great for identifying 3-gens and you'd be amazed how much time you save, especially on maps that are a little more labyrinthian, knowing exactly where the gens are at all times. It's not dissimilar from Deja Vu but Visionary's aura moves around you and it's really useful for building up a sense of exactly where everything is. Even at 1700 hours I'm a fan, maybe because I have memory problems. :v:
Open-Handed increases every aura-reading perk by SIXTEEN METERS. It is always an incredibly dope perk because it applies to everyone, not just you, so everyone will love you, and Open-Handed + Kindred is rad as gently caress.
We'll Make It is a shockingly good perk in general because it gives you a really solid heal boost not just to the person you unhooked, but to EVERYONE you heal, for the next 90 seconds. You can ruin a killer's pressure really easily this way and it's great for breaking poo poo like Sloppy, Thana, etc. You're up poo poo's creek if a Plague shows up, of course, but how frequent is that? I've noticed the survivability of my team goes up significantly with this.

And of course, Flashbang is the best perk in the game because it's the equivalent of crafting a banana peel, AND you can hand it to other people who are then obligated to try and use it. You know that, 95% of the time, you (or the other survivor you hand it to) are going to slip on the banana peel. But 5% of the time, the killer might. Either way, you're creating slapstick.

Aftercare is another one of those super underrated perks, especially in solo queue. Or since you have no exhaustion perks, Iron Will might be a good pick, too, or Made For This (despite how strong it is, BHVR doesn't seem keen on nerfing it yet, so when in Rome, I guess). Or you could go for one of the old faithfuls, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, or Prove Thyself.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

A good day in the salt mines. Quad devour mori. I genuinely could not have told you which totem had devour, as Penti got up to 3 stacks and I quickly lost track of what anything was. I didn't camp anything at all. I do feel slightly bad for the Dwight as I ran into him shortly after he got unhooked while he had a hat on and I was planning on just leaving him on the ground for a while but then the 5th DH stack hit and... welp.

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah, this is the other side of the Alert coin: it's insanely useful when you're SWF to the point that I almost feel bad using it. I often SWF in a 2-man and between Alert and Kindred I can constantly call out insane amounts of info as to the whereabouts of the killer and our other two teammates.

Well, if Inner Healing and Sprint Burst are out, I'll give a little more elaboration on my other prior suggestions and why I take 'em:

Visionary is great for identifying 3-gens and you'd be amazed how much time you save, especially on maps that are a little more labyrinthian, knowing exactly where the gens are at all times. It's not dissimilar from Deja Vu but Visionary's aura moves around you and it's really useful for building up a sense of exactly where everything is. Even at 1700 hours I'm a fan, maybe because I have memory problems. :v:
Open-Handed increases every aura-reading perk by SIXTEEN METERS. It is always an incredibly dope perk because it applies to everyone, not just you, so everyone will love you, and Open-Handed + Kindred is rad as gently caress.
We'll Make It is a shockingly good perk in general because it gives you a really solid heal boost not just to the person you unhooked, but to EVERYONE you heal, for the next 90 seconds. You can ruin a killer's pressure really easily this way and it's great for breaking poo poo like Sloppy, Thana, etc. You're up poo poo's creek if a Plague shows up, of course, but how frequent is that? I've noticed the survivability of my team goes up significantly with this.

And of course, Flashbang is the best perk in the game because it's the equivalent of crafting a banana peel, AND you can hand it to other people who are then obligated to try and use it. You know that, 95% of the time, you (or the other survivor you hand it to) are going to slip on the banana peel. But 5% of the time, the killer might. Either way, you're creating slapstick.

Aftercare is another one of those super underrated perks, especially in solo queue. Or since you have no exhaustion perks, Iron Will might be a good pick, too, or Made For This (despite how strong it is, BHVR doesn't seem keen on nerfing it yet, so when in Rome, I guess). Or you could go for one of the old faithfuls, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, or Prove Thyself.

I vastly prefer Deja Vu to Visionary. The latter has a cooldown, which is gross, and the former actively speeds up the process of breaking 3-gens. It's a staple of mine when I want to bang out gens as quickly as possible. Open-handed/Kindred is indeed an excellent combo, though if I'm running OH I tend to try to pair it with other things as well. We'll Make It is very good, and is a strong consideration. I decided to go with Any Means Necessary/Lithe/Distortion/Kindred and it's working out pretty well so far. AMN has the bonus of not being a dead perk against a stealth killer like alert can be.

I really appreciate the perk advice and build thoughts and I apologize to everyone for hogging the thread. Hopefully others can find this useful as well!

While we're at it though, teach me how to Flashbang. I have never once managed to make the killer slip on that banana peel.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 3, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I love you Tiny Myers but with the buff to Deja Vu it far outclasses Visionary. It may show the ones closest to you but you should be going after 3 gens AND you get a repair speed boost.

Visionary is the Sierra Mist to Deja Vu's Sprite

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

sierra mist tastes better than sprite :mad:

Relyssa posted:

While we're at it though, teach me how to Flashbang. I have never once managed to make the killer slip on that banana peel.
You have to worry about the killer hearing the little TCK of it dropping and being able to look away, so it's largely only feasible when they're not expecting it and might miss the noise, or when they're locked into an animation (like a traditional flashlight). Or when they're a lower level killer who is like "what the gently caress was that noise" and doesn't look away.

They're extremely hard to use and that's why they're so funny. You can throw it while they're picking up, like a traditional flashlight, but I've never really gotten that timing right. My best luck has been throwing it at a hook that they have to go around a corner to get to, so it's less obvious what I'm doing. Body blocking a hook can help - you body block and throw it, causing the killer to swing at you, and the flashbang to go off in that time. Or unrelated to stunning people out of the killer's arms, you can throw it down at a pallet they're breaking if you want a guaranteed blind. Or throw it down randomly mid chase and hope you get just the right timing that it catches them.

I managed to flashbang blind a Blight mid-rush once and he was just as surprised as I was.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yeah, I also had salty people one time when it was the end of the game and I finally managed to have one hook (They were probably in a vocal chat together and had insane loop skill, at least better than my chasing skill). Since the gen were already done, I decided to just camp so that I could secure a kill and end the game quicker.

2 other persons came around trying to save their friend and I left the game with 3 kills instead of a measly one.

Let just say they got salty and had thrown some pretty funny insult at me.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I... think I managed to stun a billy mid-sprint? He broke the pallet with his chainsaw but I got a bloodpoint bonus for a killer stun. I'm not entirely sure what happened.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I... think I managed to stun a billy mid-sprint? He broke the pallet with his chainsaw but I got a bloodpoint bonus for a killer stun. I'm not entirely sure what happened.

He was probably using Lo-Pro chains that let him continue a sprint after breaking a pallet with his saw. SUPER fun

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Solo build for gen fans:
Bond so you can see if your teammate is running the killer directly to you
Stake Out to build up some sweet Great skillchecks
Fogwise to always know where the killer is when you hit those Greats
Hyperfocus to keep getting those skillchecks and for gen repair speed

If you hit your skillchecks right, you basically know where any non-hidden killer is at all times.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

calbruc posted:

Solo build for gen fans:
Bond so you can see if your teammate is running the killer directly to you
Stake Out to build up some sweet Great skillchecks
Fogwise to always know where the killer is when you hit those Greats
Hyperfocus to keep getting those skillchecks and for gen repair speed

If you hit your skillchecks right, you basically know where any non-hidden killer is at all times.

and then the killer takes fearmonger

:negative:

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
My solo-queue builds almost always include Kindred because not only does it give you information, but more importantly it gives all the other schmucks information when you're the one on the hook. Beyond that I generally just go for perks with good value.

Sprint Burst not only lets me work on gens out of position because I can speed away if the killer shows up, but also gives that speed boost at the times when you most need it when someone picks you up off the floor or when you get unhooked with the killer nearby.

Off The Record is pretty solid after that not just for the extended endurance time if the killer shows up halfway through getting healed after the unhook, but to block any aura-reading for 90 seconds afterward. This is a lot of the value of Distortion with some extra anti-tunnel.

I usually go with Adrenaline as my fourth perk, it's a free health state right at the end so you can rush gens to finish things despite any danger, and it will also turn around slug situations sometimes. I've tried running things like Lightweight before, but it's hard to judge the value of perks like that where the effect is entirely on the killer's perspective. Deja Vu and Windows of Opportunity are certainly nice options, but good enough awareness of your surroundings and how the map spawning works can cover what those do.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I think it's interesting how hard you guys go on teammate info in solo queue. I never take kindred, and i think i lose a hook state that i wouldn't have lost otherwise maybe 1/30 games. Doing the come get me wiggle seems to be good enough. I do like stacking survivability for BAD player choices. Out of those 30 games I'd say at least 10 (1/3) have at LEAST 1 time when i get a lovely unhook, so i like Dead Hard or Off The Record for a second chance. I find OTR covers a lot of use cases of distortion so i prefer it as an all in one.

Windows of Opportunity is probably my free bingo spot. Even at over 1000 survivor hrs i hate to admit i chain loops a lot better with it than without.

Deliverance is also immense, but particulary these days in the camping huntress meta. It also is one of the few perks that can force enough pressure on a killer to end a 3gen situation late game or guarantee an escape at the end if you've been a gen jockey and hid from the killer. It and/or Adrenaline are my endgame perk slots

But honestly, gen slamming is still the best thing you can do, so unless I'm doing missions my default tends to be windows of opportunity, deja vu, resilience, prove thyself/made for this depending on whether i wanna go all in on gen speed or better chases.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

OxMan posted:

I think it's interesting how hard you guys go on teammate info in solo queue. I never take kindred, and i think i lose a hook state that i wouldn't have lost otherwise maybe 1/30 games. Doing the come get me wiggle seems to be good enough. I do like stacking survivability for BAD player choices. Out of those 30 games I'd say at least 10 (1/3) have at LEAST 1 time when i get a lovely unhook, so i like Dead Hard or Off The Record for a second chance. I find OTR covers a lot of use cases of distortion so i prefer it as an all in one.
I use it more for my own information than anyone else's, honestly. I don't trust my teammates to do their jobs at all so it gives me an idea of where my teammates are and what they're doing. Lets me know if they just let go of a gen to run in in case that gen is near me and I can go in to keep working on it, or if another teammate just got chased off a gen because the killer left the hook, or if I need to go in because everyone else has their thumbs up their rear end in a locker - it saves a ton of time that way. I also despise camping so much that it's helpful for that if nothing else.

Also, giving info to my teammates lets me make memes like this.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 4, 2023

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I love Deliverance a lot but the curse is real in that I'm more often than not the first one on the hook. Definitely better served in a swf when more than one of you run it to guarantee value.

OTR is fantastic but I still tend to prefer Distortion as it gives you perfect info on what the killer is or isn't running for aura reveal perks.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I'm with Tiny Myers on Visionary. Just because there are 3 generators that are "closest" to each other doesn't mean one of those is the one you should be working RIGHT NOW. You want to break up a bad 3-gen before they're the only ones left, but you don't have to do that FIRST.

I prefer Visionary because it lets me see all of the generators. I don't need Deja Vu because I can see where the bad 3-gens are myself. In fact, I know which generator is best to finish first because I can see, ahead of time, what the next 3-gen will look like.

But if we're talking survivor perks, I can't understand how you all are playing without Calm Spirit right now. Every 3rd killer brings Ultimate Weapon and it's an insta-loss if you scream and constantly let them know where you are (and fail skill-checks, have to restart totems/Pig boxes, etc.)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

A whole lot of Ghostfaces today, including one that teabagged me quite a lot, led me to the gate when I was the last one left, made a big show of letting me open the gate, then dragged me out and hooked me, teabagging the entire time. Very rude.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrewingTea posted:

I'm with Tiny Myers on Visionary. Just because there are 3 generators that are "closest" to each other doesn't mean one of those is the one you should be working RIGHT NOW. You want to break up a bad 3-gen before they're the only ones left, but you don't have to do that FIRST.

I prefer Visionary because it lets me see all of the generators. I don't need Deja Vu because I can see where the bad 3-gens are myself. In fact, I know which generator is best to finish first because I can see, ahead of time, what the next 3-gen will look like.

But if we're talking survivor perks, I can't understand how you all are playing without Calm Spirit right now. Every 3rd killer brings Ultimate Weapon and it's an insta-loss if you scream and constantly let them know where you are (and fail skill-checks, have to restart totems/Pig boxes, etc.)

See I get the argument about Visionary for just straight generator visuals, but the repair speed bonus from Deja Vu just trumps it. Once you get used to where the gens spawn it's really not terribly hard to find one close to you, and knowing where 3 of them are honestly makes it easier to figure out where the ones closer are.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

BrewingTea posted:

But if we're talking survivor perks, I can't understand how you all are playing without Calm Spirit right now.

I'm not.

Alert/Calm Spirit/Distortion/4th Perk is my standard build. The fourth perk is usually an exhaustion perk, but could also be a rift challenge specific perk or a meme if I'm feeling sassy. Currently it's pebble, for example, because it's the funnest perk.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I'm not.

Alert/Calm Spirit/Distortion/4th Perk is my standard build. The fourth perk is usually an exhaustion perk, but could also be a rift challenge specific perk or a meme if I'm feeling sassy. Currently it's pebble, for example, because it's the funnest perk.

Currently trying out Distortion/Flashbang/Calm Spirit/Kindred. I don't think I can play solo queue without Kindred, it's just too useful to see what my idiot teammates are up to.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Relyssa posted:

A whole lot of Ghostfaces today, including one that teabagged me quite a lot, led me to the gate when I was the last one left, made a big show of letting me open the gate, then dragged me out and hooked me, teabagging the entire time. Very rude.
“Now you know how it feels!!!!!”

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Nessus posted:

“Now you know how it feels!!!!!”

I never do it to killers though! I refuse to partake in that toxic nonsense.

Also first game with flashbang and I got a successful blind, failed to do anything useful with it but it was still funny.

eta: oh my god three of us were using flashbang that poor killer

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeesh, the rift was grindier than usual this time. Usually I can hit the easier archives, ignore the overly annoying ones and still have enough points to fill out the entire bonus list. This time hitting most of the archives and the points from the event still left me 10 rungs shy of finishing it

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Medullah posted:

Once you get used to where the gens spawn it's really not terribly hard to find one close to you, and knowing where 3 of them are honestly makes it easier to figure out where the ones closer are.

My problem is: I know a generator CAN spawn in that tile over there, but it would be tucked away behind walls and such.

Do I want to walk all the way over there and check? Or do I find out from 32m away? (This is even more pronounced on indoor maps.)

I guess it comes down to whether you prefer to save time finding the gens vs. finishing the gens. :)

DeathChicken posted:

Yeesh, the rift was grindier than usual this time. Usually I can hit the easier archives, ignore the overly annoying ones and still have enough points to fill out the entire bonus list. This time hitting most of the archives and the points from the event still left me 10 rungs shy of finishing it

Oh good, I thought it was just me.

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

There were a lot of archive challenges this time that basically required cooperation from the survivors as killer.