Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Don't get the MG Exia, it's not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Do get the MG Dynames, Kyrios or Virtue, though. Those are quite good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does the Virtue have a secret Nadleeh inside it

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You actually have to make an MG Nadleeh first and slap the armor on for Virtue.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lmao kickass.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Azubah posted:

Too late, I've bought the MG Exia several times already.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Azubah posted:

CommunityEdition posted:

Do get the MG Dynames, Kyrios or Virtue, though. Those are quite good.

Here to back up both of these statements. Kyrios is great, so is Dynames. I still need to build virtue. While not the worst MG I've built, Exia has.. some issues. (Worst is still a red label MG GP-01)

Waffleman_ posted:

Does the Virtue have a secret Nadleeh inside it

As noted, yes, you need to build it before virtue. Also, it seems a solo Nadleeh is being released as a solo Gunpla from one of the gundam bases.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Well that took nine months too many.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not gonna lie I'm kinda salty about those expansion parts being P Bandai but I don’t know what else I should have expected.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RG Hi-Nu is currently delivering on all fronts. This thing is DENSE. There's barely any negative space inside the legs and skirt, just layer upon layer of 1/144 scale individually molded parts. And somehow these tiny fiddly bits are not fiddly at all. I don't know what kind of dark arts went into the engineering behind this thing, but it's wild.

I don't feel the need to paint it in general, but I'll probably disassemble the silver/copper accents and give them a metallic paint scheme. The metallic plastic looks subtly off in the best case, and worst case you get parts where the pigments didn't fully mix and you've got this wavy patina baked into the plastic. The only real downside to what has been a :tviv: kit so far. For the most part, they've used undergates cleverly to make nub cleanup a breeze. The ABS used for the frame is always a cakewalk to cut and sand because it's just softer, but even the hard plastic of the blue sections are segmented well enough that there's no real opportunities for stress marks to show up even if you botch the cut. They're only really a problem on, once again, the metallic parts.

And the bloody articulation. Again it's some dark magic that they went "yeah we can join all these leg parts together so that the armor will slide into place as you move the legs. Sure, we can put some totally unnecessary panel articulation in." I swear stuff like this spoils me. This thing has no right to be so good just right out of the box.

I need to figure out what is messing with the fitment of the left skirt's metallic part. But yeah, I'm pretty sure if I chucked this thing at a window, the window would lose. Absolute brick of a kit so far.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Just built the RG wing zero EW for my office desk. I have built 2 HiRM's and a MG before this. This is the first time I've actually added the stickers and its amazing how much better it looks with them on. Thinking of going back and doing waterslides on the other 3.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

claw game handjob posted:

Well that took nine months too many.

me too!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chest, head, and arms done. Also, it just clicked that this thing has some Leifield proportions. Tiny waist, absolutely stacked chest shoulders and legs.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Since the thread was speaking of p-bandai exclusives recently, they just reran the psycho doga

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Warmachine posted:

Chest, head, and arms done. Also, it just clicked that this thing has some Leifield proportions. Tiny waist, absolutely stacked chest shoulders and legs.

Not enough pockets.. yet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cat Hatter posted:

Not enough pockets.. yet.

That's because I have all the armor panels closed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty neat. Spinatia Commando, gave it a paint, panel line, detail and drybrush.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I lost the top of the right hand of my 30MM egg :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those things do tend to pop out. I made a few replacements on a resin printer for mine

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Gripweed posted:

I lost the top of the right hand of my 30MM egg :(

Clearly the solution is to buy a new egg to replace the hand part and use the rest for another project.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BisbyWorl posted:

Clearly the solution is to buy a new egg to replace the hand part and use the rest for another project.

I genuinely thought about that, but the problem is the other project I'd want the egg for is having another egg. No matter how many eggs I get, I'll still be short on egg hand. I might have no choice but to get the Seltsam Arms set and replace the whole arm

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Ah, the “I bought an Eclipse and don’t want to pay P-Bandai for a standalone backpack” problem.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Seltsam Arms are sold out :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

I genuinely thought about that, but the problem is the other project I'd want the egg for is having another egg. No matter how many eggs I get, I'll still be short on egg hand. I might have no choice but to get the Seltsam Arms set and replace the whole arm

Option Part Set 12 is what you want. Multi-joint hands in marched pairs.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pretty neat. Spinatia Commando, gave it a paint, panel line, detail and drybrush.
Very nice.

Makes me think about the protagonist of some metroidvania or action-platformer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I stopped at the hobby shop hoping they would have a cheap kit I could get to replace the whole arm on my egg, but they actually had the 30MM add-on set with the big claw hand. So now my egg has a new hand.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
good egg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

I stopped at the hobby shop hoping they would have a cheap kit I could get to replace the whole arm on my egg, but they actually had the 30MM add-on set with the big claw hand. So now my egg has a new hand.

That actually fits it really well :allears:.

Of course, now you need a Cielnova so the rest of the armor set doesn't go to waste... :sickos:

Dare you to put the horn in the armor set on the crotch port.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That actually fits it really well :allears:.

Of course, now you need a Cielnova so the rest of the armor set doesn't go to waste... :sickos:

Dare you to put the horn in the armor set on the crotch port.

I tried but the upper torso overhangs the crotch too much to get a good connection

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Newegg.com

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

From the gathering storm come a tall handsome egg
With a giant right hand and a green both leg
*DONG*

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Copy of Heart of Europe needs Wilson's Thirty Years War next to it.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Sleggar's GM done! I probably only used half the decals, and I'm not 100% happy with what I did, but overall pretty satisfied.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

oh no, new hyperfocus

(ive got FM Aerial MG coming next week and part of me really wants Darilbalde too...)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gripweed posted:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Gripweed posted:

Eggs with threatening auras

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bit of a stretch to ask in this thread but does the Gundam Factory Yokohama offer entrance tickets at the counter or do you have to book them online first? Not the Gundam dock experience thing to get up and close to the granddad, just the facility entrance ticket.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Paint it red and you've got a Corin Nander custom.

e:Forgot his had a mace and not a big claw, oops.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 4, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Blaziken386 posted:

oh no, new hyperfocus

(ive got FM Aerial MG coming next week and part of me really wants Darilbalde too...)

:toot:
this one went together really smooth. both because i have better tools now, but also because Demi Barding seems much less finicky than Gundam Exio. Also the back mounted cannons rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Back cannons (never fired). Good job! I'm currently working on the Demi Trainer, I just had to get my 30mm Magical Girl Char off the pegs so I could use them again.