Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Hello thread, I enjoyed Overwatch 1 a lot until it got too sweaty, is this game still bad because Blizzard is a dumpsterfire?

Or have they added the PvE co op stuff finally?

It's so much worse.

Also lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I am someone that thought every meta in overwatch 1 was fun in it's own way and played consistantly since launch. It is in such a boring state right now. I am playing this season to give it a good try, but it is a bit of a chore.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I found fun in OW1 as you said in almost its entire life except I stopped playing when they announced OW2. I never had fun with OW2, tanking is ok sometimes but it’s just a worse experience pretty much across the board.

All the new heroes aren’t even as cool and interesting as the original heroes. It just seems an excuse to sell more cosmetics.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

yeah I would be pretty happy if they pulled a 'vanilla WoW'

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Lord Packinham posted:

All the new heroes aren’t even as cool and interesting as the original heroes. It just seems an excuse to sell more cosmetics.

I never really thought about it, but you're right. I think Echo was the last hero where I was like wow, this is cool and fun and different (but still nowhere near as unique and cool as say a Roadhog or Pharah)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lord Packinham posted:

I found fun in OW1 as you said in almost its entire life except I stopped playing when they announced OW2. I never had fun with OW2, tanking is ok sometimes but it’s just a worse experience pretty much across the board.

They took away a game I paid money for and gave me a worse game in every way with 100% more microtransactions. Blizzard is loving trash.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sandwolf posted:

They took away a game I paid money for and gave me a worse game in every way with 100% more microtransactions. Blizzard is loving trash.

Pretty much this. 5v5 has its advantages, but all of the game modes suffer when the matchmaking is an abomination. The console pool is slightly better than the PC pool, but it still sucks. I can't imagine somebody who hates themselves more than trying to play Comp on PC.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

would recommend battlebit remastered over ow2

- things die when you shoot them
- less people in a fight is not an automatic fight loss
- much less toxicity
- dont have to stress over coordinated team pushes
- only ran into 1 rage cheater while ow2 had many where youre stuck with them

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Things are going GREAT at Blizzard right now.

https://twitter.com/OverwatchNaeri/status/1707568139872125150?t=cXJRgeeP4xQ4RKrLWPOkEA&s=19

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What can you even buy with credits? One single skin or something?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sandwolf posted:

I remember when Activision bought them and swore up and down nothing would change and it would still be the great Blizzard and we all lol'd because we knew it was just a matter of time before some soulless suit took a torrential spattering poo poo over everything.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Apparently, season 7 is "Rise of Darkness" and the trailer comes out on the 4th.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

since twitter is poo poo i have no idea if i should believe that person or if it's some rando

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
As in Naeri? Yeah, I think they’re press or press adjacent. Should be trustworthy.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Apparently, season 7 is "Rise of Darkness" and the trailer comes out on the 4th.

https://x.com/OWCavalry/status/1708883301518266653?s=20

Featuring new hero Moria.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Florida Mayhem are your 2023 Overwatch champions. The announcers wrapped things up by thanking the viewers in pretty heartfelt but dour signoff.

Then this dropped:

https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1708874813333295472?t=yRx0HvKDvcKdG1e2b1keqw&s=19

R.I.P. Overwatch League

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
D4 is big but I’d rather have more skins from WoW and StarCraft than a whole D4 themed season, hope it’s just one skin.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's going to be an extremely overpriced skin that I'm not going to buy but be annoyed that I want to

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OH BOY! I can't wait to pay Blizzard 20$ for a skin!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

To be clear; I would like to have that skin, and I might consider paying $5 at most for it

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Hippie Mei was the closest I got to buying a skin. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Sandwolf posted:

What can you even buy with credits? One single skin or something?

Older shop skins like Art Deco Symmetra and Hermes Lucio are currently purchasable with credits in the shop's Anniversary section. Hopefully they do this for every Anniversary event.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lord Packinham posted:

lowkey the main tank+off tank interaction added so, so much depth to the game that is completely lost with the new single tank poo poo

comedyblissoption posted:

would recommend battlebit remastered over ow2

- things die when you shoot them
- less people in a fight is not an automatic fight loss
- much less toxicity
- dont have to stress over coordinated team pushes
- only ran into 1 rage cheater while ow2 had many where youre stuck with them

seconding literally all of the above ^

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Very different kinds of games tbh. I tried to like Battlebit and couldn't get into it, and it has the same problems other Battlefield/CoD/Planetside style games have with TTKs measured in milliseconds and huge sightlines - Every fight feels spammy and random, I can't really understand what's going on, and night maps give me migraines. I was also called the f-slur within my first hour of pubbing on Battlebit. Overwatch is not exactly the best experience these days but it's also the only shooter game with a decent population that actually plays like its roots are in Quake and TF2 and not Counterstrike. Apex is the only other game that comes close to that.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

novaSphere posted:

Very different kinds of games tbh. I tried to like Battlebit and couldn't get into it, and it has the same problems other Battlefield/CoD/Planetside style games have with TTKs measured in milliseconds and huge sightlines - Every fight feels spammy and random, I can't really understand what's going on, and night maps give me migraines. I was also called the f-slur within my first hour of pubbing on Battlebit. Overwatch is not exactly the best experience these days but it's also the only shooter game with a decent population that actually plays like its roots are in Quake and TF2 and not Counterstrike. Apex is the only other game that comes close to that.

Darn, I was thinking about trying that out hoping it would be cool like Enemy Territory. I hate games like Valorant where you spend most of your time skulking or running back from spawn and fights last like 3 seconds.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

novaSphere posted:

the single biggest thing in that game is to not run straight up the center into the clusterfuck (unless you're a medic trying to farm some points, but tbh that gets boring imo so don't overdo that) but instead go play around the outside and try to pull off flanks and/or spawn on team mates who have gotten past the main melee

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

unfortunately the popular higher TTK games on the market are dominated by PC controller aimbot, so your options are limited to basically overwatch if you care about that sort of thing

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

unfortunately the popular higher TTK games on the market are dominated by PC controller aimbot, so your options are limited to basically overwatch if you care about that sort of thing

Youth of today are great in so many ways but gaming taste is not one of them. I'm so old, and so angry.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

goldeneye was a mistake

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blizzard gave up on making Mythic Skins. This one is completely phoned in.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

so AFAIK it's got bow and colour options and that's it?

also it uses the same voice distortion as the Genji and Ana mythics

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Blizzard gave up on making Mythic Skins. This one is completely phoned in.

It is some slightly weebed up WoW design.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
In more interesting news, there was another teaser last night:

https://twitter.com/playoverwatch/status/1709387970162168133?s=46

Proven fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 4, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Season 7 trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE74zkzunZw

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Holy poo poo, invis as a passive

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Losing Opportunist is going to suck a little bit. Have to see the rest in action to understand why they kept basic Hack but also added a new ability. I had assumed after the teaser last night that only EMP was going to hack and interrupt abilities.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Samoa, eh? I think I know who the Season 8 tank hero is going to be.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Moana?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Opportunist was always kinda silly with the ping system since once an enemy was highlighted for you, you can just tell everyone where they are without the opportunity cost of Hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Sloppy posted:

Youth of today are great in so many ways but gaming taste is not one of them. I'm so old, and so angry.
overwatch's one saving grace
https://twitter.com/hecksmith_/status/1709638836525887900