Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AndrewP posted:

It's funny how Eli is usually calm and even-handed when players are loving up, while Peyton just cannot help getting completely exasperated

anyway I think Peyton should definitely get into coaching

Why would he take a 90% paycut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

mcmagic posted:

For like, 1,000% more work no less

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

It's funny how Eli is usually calm and even-handed when players are loving up, while Peyton just cannot help getting completely exasperated

anyway I think Peyton should definitely get into coaching

its because peyton cant stop putting big money on these games

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I just think he'd be good at it. and he clearly still loves the game.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I saw Peyton drinking out of his tumbler and it dawned on me that sucker is probably full of whiskey and everything about the manningcast clicked together in my head. I always forget it’s on and get so excited when I remember.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is Peyton an alkie or do you mean he’s having fun?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I like that Manning Cast because Eli has zero charisma. Just a total flat line. It’s crazy to watch.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Aw it got deleted.

Aw. It was him ending a sideline chat with Jones, spin-tossing the tablet he was holding away as dejectedly as possible, and turning towards the camera with the look of a man who just wants to go home and forget about this poo poo for a night.

Edit: Turns out this whole interaction was a big media talking point, so finding it was simple enough:

https://twitter.com/ABsneurosurgeon/status/1709036149207892118

kalensc fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 3, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kalensc posted:

Aw. It was him ending a sideline chat with Jones, spin-tossing the tablet he was holding away as dejectedly as possible, and turning towards the camera with the look of a man who just wants to go home and forget about this poo poo for a night.

Edit: Turns out this whole interaction was a big media talking point, so finding it was simple enough:

https://twitter.com/ABsneurosurgeon/status/1709036149207892118
Oof.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

I rewatch the ending of Broncos Seahawks with Shannon Sharpe from last year regularly

KICK WHAT?!

:manning:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eli has charisma. I appreciate the way he jokes because it's mostly said the same way he says everything else so it takes a minute.

And come on. His repeated "Ma! Meatloaf!" attempts were great

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeah Eli is super funny, just in a very understated way

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is Peyton an alkie or do you mean he’s having fun?

It just seems like he’s buzzin to me. Like not a clumsy drunkard.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sponges posted:

Eli has zero charisma.

hard disagree

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Charisma balls

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Eli is charismatic because he has no charisma.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I love Eli Manning

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Codependent Poster posted:

Eli has charisma. I appreciate the way he jokes because it's mostly said the same way he says everything else so it takes a minute.

And come on. His repeated "Ma! Meatloaf!" attempts were great

I love that he's genuinely a nice enough dude that he couldn't angrily say it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The people have spoken

https://twitter.com/its_OldBay/status/1709042891270545605

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
eli ftw

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

neither have any charisma at all but they have considerably more than your average athlete and for that it’s remarkable television

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

epic bacon posted:

neither have any charisma at all but they have considerably more than your average athlete and for that it’s remarkable television

Well Payton doesn’t have any charisma but he makes up for it by not even trying and just act like he’s Monday morning Quarterbacking the game which would happen with or without a camera

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well Payton doesn’t have any charisma but he makes up for it by not even trying and just act like he’s Monday morning Quarterbacking the game which would happen with or without a camera

Yeah, I absolutely believe Peyton acts like that for every game he watches

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Eli has plenty of charisma, it's a very understated and dry charisma though. Peyton has funnier live reactions to the plays on the Manningcast but Eli just kinda vibes and it makes him funnier. You can really see the sibling dynamic between the two

they are both incredibly awkward and out of their element when they have a guest on who isn't football related, and at that point only the guest can save it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I’d agree. I really enjoy Eli - he comes off very low ego and fun

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I gotta be honest and this is very goonsay but I had no idea Taylor Swift was still this popular until the last few months.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Manningcast rules because siblings busting balls despite both being legendary NFL players is good poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

I gotta be honest and this is very goonsay but I had no idea Taylor Swift was still this popular until the last few months.

Lmao

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

D-LINK posted:

Manningcast rules because siblings busting balls despite both being legendary NFL players is good poo poo

This.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1709003838101795007/

This is the perfect distillation of the ManningCast at its peak. Peyton very seriously distressed about subpar buttcheek-pushing technique while Eli plays along but nonverbally acknowledges how absurd the conversation is (which Peyton does not pick up on at all)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Her tour all summer people were paying insane prices to go.

Like there's a story of someone selling tickets for $90,000 each.

She turned down the Super Bowl halftime show because she was worried her fans would buy all the tickets and then leave after halftime. That's not an invented story.

She's Michael Jackson in 1984

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Y’all aren’t giving Peyton’s comedic chops enough credit, he knows exactly what he’s saying

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kiimo posted:

Her tour all summer people were paying insane prices to go.

Like there's a story of someone selling tickets for $90,000 each.

She turned down the Super Bowl halftime show because she was worried her fans would buy all the tickets and then leave after halftime. That's not an invented story.

She's Michael Jackson in 1984

Yeah this summer was when I realized it, I knew she was big but not that kind of big. Side note r/taylorswift has game threads for Chiefs games.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Checking in on the temperature of the Raiders organization

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1709368139677327541

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AndrewP posted:

Y’all aren’t giving Peyton’s comedic chops enough credit, he knows exactly what he’s saying

When I was a young little boy I worked in the deli at Acme and I loving loved the peyton cut that meat commercial

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The whole tour thing didnt tip you off? I couldnt go 5 minutes without hearing how insane her tour was and how much she made etc

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

watching the condensed version of DEN @ CHI. The Bears just went up 28-7 with four minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I know how this game ends but I just can't believe it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AndrewP posted:

watching the condensed version of DEN @ CHI. The Bears just went up 28-7 with four minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I know how this game ends but I just can't believe it.

Justin Fields was crying on the sideline after his second or third td pass and everyone thought they were tears of joy, but it was actually because Apollo had cursed him with the gift of prophecy and he could see how the game was going to end

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I knew she was crazy popular but I didn't realize that her dating a pro athlete would cause the mainstream sports media and the league itself to go loving bananas over it to this extent. Like, the NFL official social media editing their headers and poo poo to mention Swifties?

Guess it's all about desperately trying everything to create a few more casual/regular viewers by any means available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
She's the only thing in America bigger than the nfl