Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Here is my review of the alliance raid:

If you played Final Fantasy XVI this year you know how you can be playing that game and not be at the Good parts and you're getting a little bit checked out but then you get to one of the Good Fights and all of a sudden you are 1000% checked in? Basically that. Yawn, yawn, yawn, WOOOOOOOOAAAAHHH that is my review thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Vitamean posted:

drip check

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Vitamean posted:

drip check

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Welp. Just had the best map run ever. Party member hit the golden ! on first room of Elpis Roulette. And we made it to the end. So that was 1+2+3+4+5 treasure chests. We got... i think? 10 Athletikos cloths between the 6 of us. Worth 10 mil each.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Reminder to please tag your spoilers in this thread, just got the MSQ spoiled for myself.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Vitamean posted:

drip check

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

drat, trial ruled.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

we're out here testing the extremes of leylines positioning

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vitamean posted:

drip check

As for MSQ

"Like a candle before the sun" is such a strange turn of phrase for Golbez, the dude whose world has not had a sun for ten thousand years.

They kind of swerved us on Lunar Subterrane by only having 1/3 of it be the Lunar Subterrane, didn't they?

Gonna miss Zero (and Golbez, for being great at hamming it up). Maybe they'll be back in 7.0 as the hosts of the trial series. It also bugged me that they almost completely ignore Gaia's existence until the very end, almost certainly so it can be spliced out for the sake of people who have never run the Eden raids. I spent all night saying "where is Gaia?" until she finally walked in.

The alliance raid is a great spectacle, on the easy side but still a lot of fun.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 4, 2023

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Vitamean posted:

drip check

isn't that the rank 25 PvP gear? how did you get it so quickly?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Zeruel posted:

You just buy those sets with trophy crystals. No rank required.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zeruel posted:

Nah, that's a different set. The three modern PVP sets can be bought for 1500 Crystals per with no restrictions.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The rank 25 set is the heavily armored set.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Why are people so upset about the “collect all the mounts” reward being FF4 Bahamut?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They wanted a cool cat mount.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Vitamean posted:

drip check

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mordiceius posted:

Why are people so upset about the “collect all the mounts” reward being FF4 Bahamut?

No respect for history.

(Also it doesn't really fit the aesthetic of the Extreme mounts and isn't especially visually impressive, but mostly it's the history thing)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ive never played ff4 so i don't get any nostalgia hits from the 6.x stuff whatsoever

still like the msq but i'm good on that mount

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Play ff4

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oops.

https://twitter.com/MPerdendosi/status/1709220747762409617?t=ZjPRJqZ7shE_41prgG8GlA&s=19

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

When "Roedude" gets mistranslated as "Rayman"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its funny how all the race specific visual glitches seem to happen with roes and hrothgars

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

they have body models separate from all the other races which all share a set (except lalafell, which are also separate)

so i think they fall thru the cracks in qa sometimes

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Endorph posted:

its funny how all the race specific visual glitches seem to happen with roes and hrothgars

the fiendish japanese developer hates masculinity

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I think Lalafell get their fair share, it just happens pretty rarely in general.

Also, I've just started Margrat's deliveries, and I already like her and the rest of the crew. I'm interested to see the hijinks we get up to.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Alert: New custom deliveries person is great and I hope we get her waving hands animation at some point.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
What is the third capped weekly reward from the alliance raid besides loot from boss and the coin?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mr. Neutron posted:

What is the third capped weekly reward from the alliance raid besides loot from boss and the coin?

Anthoclusters can be turned in for materia at Materia Vendors, usually located near the Materia Melder NPCs. They're also part of the reward you can get for the Leveling Roulette daily.

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 4, 2023

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I really should dump all these materia I'm hording to free up... wow 35 slots of bag space.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey, before the patch, if you were alt tabbed and the queue popped, the queue pop noise would play even though the game was alt-tabbed. now that's no longer the case. is this a patch thing or did i have a mod installed that did this and i never realized.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

hey, before the patch, if you were alt tabbed and the queue popped, the queue pop noise would play even though the game was alt-tabbed. now that's no longer the case. is this a patch thing or did i have a mod installed that did this and i never realized.

the latter, I believe

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
There is a set of options in the game settings for whether or not to play certain sounds when the game isn't in focus though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There are non-modded settings that may have changed, too. At the top of Sound Settings, double check that System Sounds are enabled under the Play sounds when window is not active. setting, and also make sure the latter is enabled too.

Also/or, if you only want DF sounds to play when tabbed out, make sure the Play system sounds while waiting for Duty Finder. setting a few options below those is enabled as well.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Will divine solvents (the mat you need to augment credendum weapons) be made available at some point for people who don't do savage raiding?

and what's the best way to upgrade weapons in the meantime? The new Extreme trial?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

God Hole posted:

Will divine solvents (the mat you need to augment credendum weapons) be made available at some point for people who don't do savage raiding?

and what's the best way to upgrade weapons in the meantime? The new Extreme trial?

They'll be buyable for raid coins at some point in the future. Not sure if it's before or after the last stage of manderville weapons.

In the meantime the ex trial gives you 655.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onean posted:

There are non-modded settings that may have changed, too. At the top of Sound Settings, double check that System Sounds are enabled under the Play sounds when window is not active. setting, and also make sure the latter is enabled too.

Also/or, if you only want DF sounds to play when tabbed out, make sure the Play system sounds while waiting for Duty Finder. setting a few options below those is enabled as well.

Yapping Eevee posted:

There is a set of options in the game settings for whether or not to play certain sounds when the game isn't in focus though.

yeah this fixed it, thanks

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Qwertycoatl posted:

They'll be buyable for raid coins at some point in the future. Not sure if it's before or after the last stage of manderville weapons.

In the meantime the ex trial gives you 655.

Buying weapon augments with hunt and alliance raid currency is almost certainly after the last relic step is available.

In StB, final relic was 4.55 and Scaevan Esters were unlocked two months later in 4.57.
In ShB, final relic was 5.55 and Crypt Esters were unlocked two months later in 5.58.
In EW, final relic will be 6.55 and the Divine Solvent unlock hasn't been announced.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Onean posted:

They wanted a cool cat mount.

i thought shb set a precedent for a cool mech mount so i wanted a zoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Because you ride in some dorky-rear end chair carried by Bahamut instead of ON the dragon.

Also, for those who haven't: