Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I know we rush to conclusions with QBs but Bryce is looking just like Clausen.

And it’s not just the offense or wide receivers. He also struggles with deep ball placement. He’s maybe thrown six all year and one of them were particularly close or even in bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

wandler20 posted:

What the hell was Cam Jordan doing in the Bucs locker room after the game?

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1708580238211362951?t=wvc5ndSRZ91jgCkNpmD1IQ&s=19

this looks AI generated

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Panthers needed an offensively-focused mind at head coach and they were right to go in that direction, but unfortunately we managed to hire a stubborn, conservative dinosaur once again, just on the other side of the spectrum.

FizFashizzle posted:

I know we rush to conclusions with QBs but Bryce is looking just like Clausen.

And it’s not just the offense or wide receivers. He also struggles with deep ball placement. He’s maybe thrown six all year and one of them were particularly close or even in bounds.

I don't really want to make that comparison yet, because boy is that a rough one to put on somebody, but the energy around the franchise/fan base is definitely Jimmy Clausen Era depression.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RumbleFish posted:

I don't really want to make that comparison yet, because boy is that a rough one to put on somebody, but the energy around the franchise/fan base is definitely Jimmy Clausen Era depression.

I can't imagine how things are going to look by Week 10:

Week 5: @Lions
Week 6: @Dolphins
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Texans
Week 9: Colts
Week 10: @Bears

No way are we beating Detroit or Miami, but if the Panthers are winless after that stretch, things are going to be brutal. Losing to both of the QBs we passed up and the current worst organization in the league will probably cause most of the fanbase to check out, if they're not already

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In a different world the panthers have four first round picks in 24 and 25, as well as DJ Moore and another pick from this draft.

Instead they have a noodle armed child, no first until 2025, no wide receivers, and burns might as well not be out there.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I can't imagine how things are going to look by Week 10:

Week 5: @Lions
Week 6: @Dolphins
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Texans
Week 9: Colts
Week 10: @Bears

No way are we beating Detroit or Miami, but if the Panthers are winless after that stretch, things are going to be brutal. Losing to both of the QBs we passed up and the current worst organization in the league will probably cause most of the fanbase to check out, if they're not already

Yeah, much like Jimmy Clausen's tenure, my ceiling for this team is two wins. We can probably scrounge one or two up, particularly toward the end of the season when other teams are resting starters and focused on bigger things, but that's about as good as it'll get, barring some insanely fortuitous turnaround.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Young isn't making horrible mistakes, he's just conservative -- and his supporting cast sucks. He's more like Teddy Bridgewater than Clausen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BY's drop-backs look so... slow. Not-energetic. He's got no bounce to his rhythm in the pocket. He looks like he is walking around back there. Then if a defender's hand so much as touches him he collapses.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs OL has been a pleasant surprise this year. Goedeke just stone walls #94 here.

https://twitter.com/NFLTDVideos2023/status/1708569678925242541?s=20

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1708897360254751089?s=20

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

What's unfortunate is that I believe if Dalton had started the Vikings and Saints games, those are likely Ws. It's true Young has next to nothing to work with, but Dalton's experience and comfort running an offense puts him in the position to maximize what little we DO have. I know this year is all about development and not wins -- that's been the case since we drafted Young -- but it's also a bit of bummer to watch winnable games slip by, especially when tanking won't get us a killer first-round pick.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Can we also address how awful Miles Sanders is?

I never thought I'd think someone would make Chuba Hubbard look like a star. Hell, even Shenault is a better RB.

I can't express how hilarious it is that Hubbard and Shenault were dominating the run game then Reich abandoned it and leaned on Sanders, too.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

three posted:

Can we also address how awful Miles Sanders is?

I never thought I'd think someone would make Chuba Hubbard look like a star. Hell, even Shenault is a better RB.

I can't express how hilarious it is that Hubbard and Shenault were dominating the run game then Reich abandoned it and leaned on Sanders, too.

Yeah, I don't understand how and why Shenault isn't used more often; the guy is a versatile player who, if nothing else, deserves more of a chance in this offense. I don't think Sanders is BAD, per se, but he's definitely used to dancing around behind a far superior offensive line and having the time to pick his spots, which is uhhh, very much not the case in Carolina.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
ive been completely won over by Dave Canales. between him, the way Steichen is running the Indy offense, and Slowik for the Texans it seems like you can absolutely create an ok offense with marginal talent if you've got a good playcaller. that's all i want for the bucs from here on out. hire these types of dudes for OC or hell make Canales HC, like he's making BAKER look good. this is explicitly our cap pain season where they're not even trying and they're consistently competitive. it's loving bananas

i liked the Reich hire for Carolina and even though i thought they should've picked Stroud I do think BY will be solid if he doesn't shatter but holy poo poo they have got to get any receiving talent in there and even more importantly open the loving offense up. it's the most dull conservative poo poo I've seen in ages like there's almost none of the better Reich stuff in there. it feels like he dumbed it down wayyy too much for the rookie

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 2, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ive been completely won over by Dave Canales. between him, the way Steichen is running the Indy offense, and Slowik for the Texans it seems like you can absolutely create an ok offense with marginal talent if you've got a good playcaller. that's all i want for the bucs from here on out. hire these types of dudes for OC or hell make Canales HC, like he's making BAKER look good. this is explicitly our cap pain season where they're not even trying and they're consistently competitive. it's loving bananas

Shane Waldron in Seattle as well. Similar situation to Tampa with good talent at WR but marginal talent at QB, but they’re making it work. People think good QBs are just good and coaching doesn’t matter…maybe that’s true for truly great QBs but for all the rest having a good scheme and coach absolutely matters.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Shane Waldron in Seattle as well. Similar situation to Tampa with good talent at WR but marginal talent at QB, but they’re making it work. People think good QBs are just good and coaching doesn’t matter…maybe that’s true for truly great QBs but for all the rest having a good scheme and coach absolutely matters.

Yep thats a good one same with Bienemy in Washington. Like it clearly can be done. You can coach up a backup qb in the right offense and score points. there's plenty of evidence

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:agreed:

very rarely do I find myself going "why would you call that play there?" this season. we mostly try stuff that makes sense, which is refreshing as hell as a Bucs fan. And yeah, it's all about playing to the QBs strengths. With Baker they're not making him pass deep 20 times a game and they're using his ability to leg out a first down in clutch situations as a way to keep the defense honest, and lo and behold, he's thriving!

Also probably helps he gets Evans/Godwin to throw to. Speaking of which, here's hoping Evans can heal up during the bye week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ugh, a week 5 bye? Those suck.

All byes should be weeks 8 and 9.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Ugh, a week 5 bye? Those suck.

All byes should be weeks 8 and 9.

Yeah, but that means I have to watch 6 more weeks of the saints putrid rear end offense before they mercifully get shoved off stage for a week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

Yeah, but that means I have to watch 6 more weeks of the saints putrid rear end offense before they mercifully get shoved off stage for a week.

At least the LSU game was entertaining, even though they lost.

On paper, this should be a really exciting offense, on the field it's just a turd.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

At least the LSU game was entertaining, even though they lost.

On paper, this should be a really exciting offense, on the field it's just a turd.

They for some reason thought that taking a roster that Sean Payton went 9-8 with, downgrading at offensive play caller and shackling them to a cowardly conservative head coach would lead to better results. Baffling decision.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I figured the moderate near-term tank was in as soon as they hired Allen, are you telling me they were trying to win?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

I figured the moderate near-term tank was in as soon as they hired Allen, are you telling me they were trying to win?

Come on, they gave Derek Carr a $150m contract. They absolutely are trying to win.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This has been such a shitter of a week for sport.

Panthers legit look to be getting worse week on week, I lost in 3 out of 3 fantasy leagues, my home town teams lost in both the NRL and AFL grand finals this weekend.

Just cursed all the way down.

I thought with Reich and his staff we'd see him take a little more hands off approach and utilise the OC we brought in from the Rams. I mean... the McVay coaching tree has had its ups and downs but for the most part you expect flooding crossing routes and that kinda poo poo to scheme guys open but man, haven't seen a whole lot of that at all.

I dont know where they go from here to fix it. Literally nothing seems to be working, not Bryce, not the run game, not the scheme.

The defense is serviceable but every decision seems to be the wrong one at the moment.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i liked the Reich hire for Carolina and even though i thought they should've picked Stroud I do think BY will be solid if he doesn't shatter but holy poo poo they have got to get any receiving talent in there and even more importantly open the loving offense up. it's the most dull conservative poo poo I've seen in ages like there's almost none of the better Reich stuff in there. it feels like he dumbed it down wayyy too much for the rookie

Reich is a conservative white guy in his 60s who refuses to cede responsibility younger, more talented people underneath him and doesnt realize everything has passed him by.

We hired a boomer middle manager. We’re hosed.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

Come on, they gave Derek Carr a $150m contract. They absolutely are trying to win.

Counterpoint: They hired Dennis Allen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Coach reich, thanks for calling this all staff meeting. I wanted to talk about the defensive game plan against Detroit and i think-

Whoa now, that can wait. So uh, I saw this morning that outlook, updated? Did you guys see this? It looks different. Does it look different on your guys screens? Anyway, yeah; I just wanted to take some time and go over this. Is this blockchain? Is this the blockchain?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Reich is a conservative white guy in his 60s who refuses to cede responsibility younger, more talented people underneath him and doesnt realize everything has passed him by.

We hired a boomer middle manager. We’re hosed.

It's gonna be great when we fire him a month into the '25 season once Tepper is done with his poo poo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'd say the shift to left tackle is working out just fine. Wirfs is going to end up the highest paid OL in the offseason.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1708965079998513518?s=20

https://twitter.com/PFF_Buccaneers/status/1709242687440793868?s=20

three
Aug 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/CPPfanfromtheD/status/1708834632429371774?t=kAxrbR57V2DGyngR7VWyoA&s=19

Never seen a QB emotionally distraught after a throw because of how lovely the call is. Reich needs to give Brown play calling immediately.

And here are two receivers letting the ball him them in the face in the red zone:

https://twitter.com/InboundPanthers/status/1709036168744935887?t=TvdwyoMapbT8g89rI0kqow&s=19

three fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 3, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

And here are two receivers letting the ball him them in the face in the red zone:

https://twitter.com/InboundPanthers/status/1709036168744935887?t=TvdwyoMapbT8g89rI0kqow&s=19

:lol: that second one is really something. Like he's offended, the QB would ever be so gauche as to ask him to catch a ball.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I went back and watched the game again last night. Offensive series at least and Bryce is absolutely not the problem in Carolina and it's kinda shocking how bad everything else is at the moment.

Especially icky, dude has regressed badly in his 2nd year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I went back and watched the game again last night. Offensive series at least and Bryce is absolutely not the problem in Carolina and it's kinda shocking how bad everything else is at the moment.

Especially icky, dude has regressed badly in his 2nd year.

Ickey is going to end up at guard. Dude absolutely cannot handle a stunt to save his life.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Ickey is going to end up at guard. Dude absolutely cannot handle a stunt to save his life.

Its truly bizarre to watch at times. When he should come forward with a punch he just ineffectually let's guys into his chest or snatches at air like a bad madden animation.

Mcadoo seemingly the smartest offensive mind we've had in the building since Chud left and that's just loving wrong.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/201494-all-22-review-panthers-vs-viking-week-4-2023/

Good poster from the huddle all-22 breakdown

Long story short: oline v bad

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Since we're talking about touchdown passes bouncing off faces, regular reminder that I hate Ian Thomas so much. The absolute biggest bum that we just refuse to get rid of, even after a regime change. He wouldn't be employed anywhere but in Carolina, I swear.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

RumbleFish posted:

Since we're talking about touchdown passes bouncing off faces, regular reminder that I hate Ian Thomas so much. The absolute biggest bum that we just refuse to get rid of, even after a regime change. He wouldn't be employed anywhere but in Carolina, I swear.

Dude just has never continued with his development. He was fine as a fourth rounder and could have gone on to better things, but the dudes just got bricks for hands and can't run routes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Must've been a rough game for Panthers fans to watch tonight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They're all rough games my dude.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Quintessential Ron Rivera performance in primetime, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

BlindSite posted:

They're all rough games my dude.

Yeah.

I'm just glad that they're finally using Moore. Losing CMC was bearable because at least he went to a good team where he's succeeded, but I was worried that we had sent DJ to a worse place (and still am, tbf)