Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
All the chainswords (evis included) feel so much more amazing, I'm so happy with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
This game is so much better now really big ups to fatshark

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Internet Explorer posted:

not sure why they changed the end of match skip screen button to enter instead of space, considering enter brings up the chat box

:fatshark:

I took my lvl 9 Veteran out for a couple of runs with a... reasonable guess at the skill tree. I wiped twice, now at lvl 11. 11/10 will play (and wipe) again.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

I'm having lots of fun with the new trees and blessings, even if I'm not really sure what weapons/staffs go well with the new abilities

- It's fun and gratifying to use the zealot throwing knives on anything that doesn't warrant lugging out my bolt gun

- Turns out that Empowered Psionics makes smite have 0 peril cost, letting you use it indefinitely. Feels like an unintended bug but I'm gonna have fun with it while it lasts

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Took a friend on a low level Psyker to maelstrom/damnation high intensity auric and he spent the entire time enjoying psyker knives, occasionally blowing up from overenjoying it.

Lot of good buffs this patch to underperforming weapons, going through patch notes and seeing lots of weapons getting straight up doubled damage like eviscerator/rumbler which always felt weaker than expectations, any other big winners this patch for weapons to try?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also, these patch changes were very welcome and not something I expected to see them improve, they made all of the most annoying and unfair enemies actually fair.

Pox Hound

Made improvements to the way Pox Hound leaps are calculated for more consistent & reliable behaviour.

Mutant

Tuned functionality for when players dodges Mutants on high latency.

Poxburster

Increased Poxburster explosion vs Infested so Poxburster chain explosions can happen.
Fixed a case where Poxburster could ignore stagger if just walked in fire.

Bomber

Reduced radius of stun when grenades detonate by around 50%, reduced stun duration.

Chaos Spawn

Made Chaos Spawn grab a bit easier to dodge.
Tweaked Chaos Spawn attack durations to give players a bit extra room to get in melee hits between attacks.
Slightly reduced Chaos Spawn combo damage.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
got two veteran builds up and running in diff 4 over the course of doing weeklies:

an aggro melee-centric build that goes smoke grenade, move speed aura, sergeant yell, and rightmost final branch. runs crit-stacked chainsword and revolver. perks in the final branch get me to near zealot levels of attack speed, and lots of crit means i can mash swings and carve through crowds surprisingly well for a veteran. revolver is snappy and lets me delete every special, heavy, and elite, and sergeant yell both tops up toughness and buffs my damage. enjoyed this one a lot

automatic gun build that goes frag, scavenger aura, volley fire, and middle final branch. runs autogun (agripiina 1 non-braced) and chainsword. a good all-rounder build, an earlier run with the leftmost branch had me feeling insanely fragile and so i switched to the middle one instead, which feels a lot better for survivability

general tips for veteran builds: regenerating grenades is like a top tier pick and i go out of my way to take it every time. same with the two +reload perks up top, both +reload on elite kill and +reload when you have ammo in the mag

game's fuckin good, it's a banger of an overhaul update

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Unfortunately, it seems at least Australia games have unplayable lag, tried 3x this evening and every game had enemies getting frozen / warping / ghost enemies / rubberbanding, hopefully its just a bit of server overload and goes away in a couple days

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Yeah, good patch. The psyker's assail power seems broken though, pretty strong especially compared to brain burst. Otherwise doesn't seem too buggy which is surprising.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Out of curiosity since I haven't had this installed in half a year; What are free cosmetic options like nowadays?
Early on, each class had a couple of sets that largely just seemed to build upon eachother, and everything that you could buy for in-game currency was just pallet swaps of those.
Any more options now, or is it all in the cash shop?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
It's ok. You can get pretty good cosmetics from completing challenges.

Shop is still way better though.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

celewign posted:

It's ok. You can get pretty good cosmetics from completing challenges.

Shop is still way better though.

So, nothing new then? Since that was all you could get at launch as well.

Edit: And I remember a lot of the challenge cosmetics often just took a lower tier piece and added something new on it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Out of curiosity since I haven't had this installed in half a year; What are free cosmetic options like nowadays?
Early on, each class had a couple of sets that largely just seemed to build upon eachother, and everything that you could buy for in-game currency was just pallet swaps of those.
Any more options now, or is it all in the cash shop?

There’s basically those palette swaps, plus a second set of palette swaps that are modifications of the starter prisoner rags. It’s pretty weak.

Honestly, even if you’re willing to blow a bazillion bucks on the cash shop, your options aren’t great - there’s only a handful of sets and most of them are kind of ugly or bland in my estimation.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh veterans krak grenade has guidance and will fly towards the closest ogryn or mauler to stick to them. Wild.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 4, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

There's a number of paid cosmetics that are really good imo, but also a decent chunk of duds. The best Psyker cosmetic isn't even part of a bundle it's a single item in the Psyker section.

As for the free cosmetic shop there's a decent chunk of color variety at least which is nice, but the high tier recolors as incredibly expensive. At least every class can buy a backpack now.

Psyker can do a full space pirate outfit from different bits and it's fantastic

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That hat is really great looking but it's so expensive. 1400 premium currency. Like guddamn.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ahahahahahahahaha

i never imagined the big grenade would be THIS worth it

https://i.imgur.com/Dyrzj2c.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/1L1Ox6i.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ZQPdyiM.mp4

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Not having the 25% extra ammo and the ammo regen perk is going to be a little tough on Vets.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kith posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

i never imagined the big grenade would be THIS worth it

It is so much fun and I love that there's a talent on the tree for 50% extra explosive range

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Artificer posted:

Not having the 25% extra ammo and the ammo regen perk is going to be a little tough on Vets.

They were so good that's it's fair, imo.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Artificer posted:

Honestly playing on t4 I don't even notice it really, you feel more powerful than you did before with all the perks stacking together.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Artificer posted:

ironically I feel the impact most on non-vet classes. gun lugger Ogryn *needs* a vet with the ammo aura around to feel like you aren't gassing yourself in two major fights.

that said it feels incredibly thematically appropriate to run yourself dry of ammo firing your gun as Ogryn lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Improbable Lobster posted:

It is so much fun and I love that there's a talent on the tree for 50% extra explosive range

22% on the big boy. 50% would probably be most of the map

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Biggest thing I feel as vet is loss of consciousness due to being bludgeoned to death by trash mobs. I need to retool for survivability!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Artificer posted:

For Veteran I right now don't see a world where I wouldn't take the 1% ammo regen perk for my team when the other two options are 3% damage and 5% movement speed, one is game changing, the others are barely noticeable except maybe the movement speed.

On another note I picked this up from Melk a day before the patch and I'm glad I did.

Doing testing, the revved attack 1 shots almost everything even on a light attack, crushers on a light will be left with 50% and on a heavy 10%, reapers and bulwarks die in 1 hit, a mutant hit in the face dies instantly and hit in the back will die to bleed almost instantly, maniacs go to 1% and die to the bleeds, the bleed hits for 280 to start and ticks downward.

Oh and the Krak grenade? it 1 shots Crushers, even without the +50% damage perk, and it will attach itself to them if you throw it near them, but it is a little underwhelming against none-armored enemies.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 4, 2023

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Played a few games tonight, had a blast. Still trying to figure out what I want in my Zealot. I'm thinking Fire Grenade to Super Frenzy to Martyrdom.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I haven't quite found talents yet that feel amazing for a primary melee, Antax axe Zealot. I'm probably spoiled forever from when you could just empty the clip in your gun with Crucian Roulette and have like 100% crit rating.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Internet Explorer posted:

I haven't quite found talents yet that feel amazing for a primary melee, Antax axe Zealot. I'm probably spoiled forever from when you could just empty the clip in your gun with Crucian Roulette and have like 100% crit rating.

It feels like the big winners of this patch were ogryn and psyker. I've heard a lot of people struggling hard to find vet and zealot builds they like while ogryn is just like gushing over dakka cannons, brick throwing, and bleed shield tank nonsense, and psyker is just fully madcap for options now.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

It feels like the big winners of this patch were ogryn and psyker. I've heard a lot of people struggling hard to find vet and zealot builds they like while ogryn is just like gushing over dakka cannons, brick throwing, and bleed shield tank nonsense, and psyker is just fully madcap for options now.

The vet sharpshooter with Krak grenades, and an XII Lasgun seems very good. It's basically a straightforward upgrade to what we had previously. Vets struggled with armored enemies, and the Krak Grenade helps out tremendously there.

The Lasgun talent in the left tree for free ammo on crits is just icing on the cake, and potentially opens a space for non XII Lasguns to be viable (like the Spicy Queen accatran recon Las build, which would be boss!).

The vet's middle tree shout seems very cool, but sort of off brand for what the vet's bread and butter is. It's an off build that requires the rest of the team to also be off brand from what we're used to. It's every powerful, but I think we just need some more time in the oven to see how all this poo poo comes together.

The right tree is hot garbo, both the aura and the smoke grenade. I've seen some reports that if you have the right tree maxed out, you are as good as a Zealot, but why not then just take Zealot? It's an answer in search of a problem.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Try Thunderhammer zealot with shade stealth, you can either use stealth to 1 shot a boss or get a ally revived for free, wound zealot is also pretty good stacked on that for survivability.

DoctorRobert
Jan 20, 2020
Update is great, can graduate from lvl4 missions to 5 now its gotten so easy!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Try Thunderhammer zealot with shade stealth, you can either use stealth to 1 shot a boss or get a ally revived for free, wound zealot is also pretty good stacked on that for survivability.

Thunderhammer works really great now, although I haven't tried stealth. I was more thinking for that fast paces horde chopping. Psyker changes are great. I was never particularly good, but I feel like I'm gelling well with the build I'm playing on now.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Just cleared Auric 5 with psyker and not knowing jack poo poo about anything in the past 10 months. Shield + Bio-lightning is incredible crowd control, and can absolutely lock down an absurd number of specials nearly indefinitely. I can't really tell if I'm doing damage worth a drat, but just the stuns/staggers alone are enough that the rest of the group can walk over them with ease.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Got wiped twice with my lvl 10 Veteran last night. Lots of people knocking the rust off their play, it's great.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Shame that Revolvers still seem to be not very good, sure they do decent damage but not quite enough to justify how small their ammo pool is

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Got halfway though game, it crashed.

Rejoined. Literally just had long enough to type "Lol I crashed. Fatshark!" when it crashed again.

Have to say it seems like the Darktide experience I remember.

TBF I did enjoy the 10 minutes it let me play it.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

pokchu posted:

Just cleared Auric 5 with psyker and not knowing jack poo poo about anything in the past 10 months. Shield + Bio-lightning is incredible crowd control, and can absolutely lock down an absurd number of specials nearly indefinitely. I can't really tell if I'm doing damage worth a drat, but just the stuns/staggers alone are enough that the rest of the group can walk over them with ease.

Damage wise you aren't. Go take a look in Meat Grinder, the damage is piddly even against poxwalkers/groaners. But who cares when it will hit anything in a 45 degree cone in front of you and lock them all down.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Shame that Revolvers still seem to be not very good, sure they do decent damage but not quite enough to justify how small their ammo pool is

Revolvers would be good if there was a weapon mod system added so you could just reload the whole thing at once instead of such a long reload time to put in each bullet.

I get someone put in some good work on that animation but jeeze.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Finally found out what was destroying my performance with this game. I'd installed some programs like MSI Afterburner when I was monitoring some hardware issues like a year or two ago. Some people on the FS tech support forum talked about some problem called Overwolf and how turning it off removed performance problems. Then other people mentioned programs like Afterburner, so I uninstalled that for kicks, and all of a sudden my framerate skyrocketed and the weird stuttering disappeared completely while my crashes went away. I'll take the hit on how stupid that makes me, but I'm happy I can finally enjoy this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
VId recon lasgun can be pretty fun bzzzzzrt, with enough crit and no ammo lost on crits it can fire for a surprisingly long time and still be ammo efficient and not eat up all the ammo drops from your teammates.

You can pick up enough rending on the tree that it can melt through carapace in a timely manner too.