Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/CaliforniaFrizz/status/1709512739582816604

Yup, it's to do with the ULEZ stuff. He looks and sounds very nervous. lol

Maybe the right should spend less time being pig lovers then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Rishi's speech is just starting:

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1709521604571529672

Rishi's speech has just started... except his wife has started the speech.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Big nonce energy here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you pull the grey tab does his jacket inflate?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Kim_Biscuit/status/1709524122454073784

The intro to his speech where his billionaire wife was speaking was loving weird. She also tried to mimic Thatcher's voice for most of it. And she added absolutely nothing. I'm struggling to remember a single point she made, except 'he's my husband'. lol

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Klepsie posted:

Also has the town of Muff right on its shores, and... it doesn't have a diving club

edit: My bad, i am in fact twice as close to Lough Neagh than Muff in Donegal... geographically challenged. :ughh:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 4, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Suddenly remembering may's "nothing has changed!!" panicking :laugh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nothing has changed is the bloody problem half the time.

Speaking of which did we ever get an update on the child-crusher spongestone?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Microplastics posted:

You gotta hand it to Laurence Fox, 'cancellation camps' is a good pun

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?lang=en

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Amazing how all the comments are "you can get arrested just for talking [about the crimes you are conspiring to commit with others] these days, world's gone mad!"

I wonder where they all were when those tiktokers got done for "we should all loot Oxford Street lol (this is a joke)"

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
So, with the cancellation of HS2 Northern Leg:

I'm basically of the simple mindset of, is this good for wildlife/nature yes/no, and that's how I make my opinions.

With this cancellation: has all the standard environmental destruction already happened, to clear the way for the tracks? Or will this cancellation at least halt that?

Because this place is such a shithole I imagine we'll have the worst of both worlds: the land all dug up, but nothing built on it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

HS2 scrapped, instead Rishi is going to build or upgrade a laundry list of roads and rail connections

Just as soon as those 40 hospitals are done

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/04/tory-run-hampshire-council-says-it-faces-financial-meltdown

Are any councils not going to be bankrupt in the next few years at this rate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

London won't. The tories will keep that liquid.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Rishi was just saying that it's a scandal that 2m people can't work, and that he's going to change that. Work is going to set us free, or something. It's a highly original plan that has never been tried before.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh poo poo I forgot to hit the employment button

gently caress sorry guys this has all been on me

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I cant make a minute into watching him speak.
So much concentrated evil in one room.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

I cant make a minute into watching him speak.
So much concentrated evil in one room.

kinda makes you long for a repeat of the Erfurt "disaster"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol if you're a kid, you'll never smoke now

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1709508592187945170

Imagine being so petty that you'll ban journalists from watching your speech?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1709508592187945170

Imagine being so petty that you'll ban journalists from watching your speech?

To be fair, political sketchwriters should be banned full stop because they are about as funny as toothache while trying desperately hard. See Letts, Quentin.

Although someone should tell Rishi that they can just watch it on TV & still write bad jokes about how poo poo his speech is

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol if you're a kid, you'll never smoke now

Well assuming they get it legislated before the next election, which seems unlikely. And it's the same thing as with weed now (except old people can legally get them) so I rather doubt it's just going to go away.

Totally tory.txt to tell the Boomers they can keep puffing away while stopping them kids from enjoying the same things Boomers did, mind.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Britain 2053: 43 year old man waits outside the corner shop trying to convince those 44 and above to get him ten b&h.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Bold of you to assume there's gonna be a Britain of any notable description at that juncture.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

We'll be a vassal state of France. America's civil war will be in its 18th year, a turning point when the libertarian faction all lose interest.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

keep punching joe posted:

Britain 2053: 43 year old man waits outside the corner shop trying to convince those 44 and above to get him ten b&h.

How the gently caress is this meant to work? ID for everyone every time? Retailers having to operate a "think 47" policy?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Time for a change from what? Who has been in charge the last 13 years? Who wrote this shite?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

How the gently caress is this meant to work? ID for everyone every time? Retailers having to operate a "think 47" policy?

Why not? It could integrate into your contactless payment from your phone pretty easily

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
We do need government who makes long term decisions, he's right. Just a pity that our current government (and previous governments) make their decisions based around vibes and the election cycle.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

They'll deliver on long-term decisions, just without any promises that they'll be good ones.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
HS2 and Net Zero and Brexit were long term decisions, whoops lol.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

feedmegin posted:

Well assuming they get it legislated before the next election, which seems unlikely. And it's the same thing as with weed now (except old people can legally get them) so I rather doubt it's just going to go away.

Totally tory.txt to tell the Boomers they can keep puffing away while stopping them kids from enjoying the same things Boomers did, mind.

What's this about smoking? I didn't watch the speech, and there's no mention of it on the guardian website

E: ignore that, I'm dumb and didn't scroll enough

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

DreddyMatt posted:

What's this about smoking? I didn't watch the speech, and there's no mention of it on the guardian website

They're basically copying the NZ smoking ban, where the minimum age to purchase tobacco will rise every year (locking out anyone born before a certain date).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/13/new-zealand-passes-world-first-tobacco-law-to-ban-smoking-by-2025

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Good news for people bringing fags and baccy back from their holidays

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

There tend to be Tory latecomers to the Yougov daily poll, but still

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao bold move announcing it’s time for a change when the leadership sharks are circling

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

They'll deliver on long-term decisions, just without any promises that they'll be good ones.
Long term decisions on keeping science the exact same as it was when I was in school.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

Long term decisions on keeping science the exact same as it was when I was in school.

(iPhone starts to fade out of his hand like a BTTF photo) "No, wait, not like that"!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Set the smoking age every year with a random number generator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Honestly a "Think 47" policy is something good that should be in operation everywhere.

"Think. Could this bald person I'm talking to in actuality be a genetically enhanced killer in disguise who is about to setup a complicated Rube Goldsberg type scenario to kill someone in this building."

In other news.

Tory conference hears British soldiers were 'dragged back to Belfast' and 'hounded to death'

By "dragged back to Belfast" you mean "returned their to face trial over someone you admitted to shooting dead." and by "Hounded to Death" you must mean "likely contracted Covid when you posed for photographs with dickhead supporters."