Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

It's dope to put spikes on a bulldozer and mulch all of the zombies in southern California, I'm sorry you lost the ability to feel joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

MonsieurChoc posted:

Someone should merge Cyberpunk 2077 and Vampire; Bloodlines to make a Vampirepunk game.

Or mod Kiryu into 2077 to make it a future Yakuza game.

there are cyber vampires in the lore

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

lotta gamers revealing that all they want is ubisoft markers telling them what to do

I mean yeah?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sometimes I want a puzzle to engage my brain and sometimes I just want to mindlessly bimble around while I listen to a podcast. I am large. I contain multitudes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

War and Pieces posted:

there are cyber vampires in the lore

There actually was a Cyberpunk 2020/World of Darkness crossover in the 1990s.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ubisoft type games basically have the prima strategy guide implemented in the ui

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
God bless em for it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

it's the evolution of barrett telling you to not attack when the scorpion tail is up. or at least trying to tell you that, it was poorly conveyed in game for basically no reason. coulda just put all three lines of text in one box and saved a lot of gamer tears!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Started up bg3 with Half-Orc named Vatnik.

Twist: He's not a savage orc, he's a noble paladin!

Double Twist: He has the Haunted background because he's an Oath of Vengeance Paladin who took things a little too far.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

It's dope to put spikes on a bulldozer and mulch all of the zombies in southern California, I'm sorry you lost the ability to feel joy.

Do you mean Dead Rising 3?? DR4 was the awful reboot with wacky new voice Frank set in Colorado again

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

You going to have to kill me them :(

Im sorry to disappoint you guys but i really gave up

I liked the concept and I love exploration in videogames, but I found exploration in Outer Wilds to be painful and extremely annoying

Thats mainly because the controls are incredibly clumsy and obnoxious. The ships is like flying a cheap bad drone with a terrible controller and no instruments. Its hard for me to even fly forward in a straight line, let alone stop when and where I want. I lost count of the times I tried to explore those weird objects in the orbit of Giant Deep and I just cant, I cant stop near them, Ill either fly trough them and crash at the planet or see they pass me in high speed, or various combinations of both

And them theres the fact everything kills you, so you make a mistake, or run out of oxygen, or 20 minute pass, and you have to once again fly the clumsy thing back where you were, which also often involves finding the place again because you dont have a map inside the planets, just a map of the solar system (you can mark places in the ship log, thats not always enough).

I finally lost patience exploring Brittle Hollow, I would often find interesting places but than I would make a wrong jump and fall on the black hole (which means losing a lot of time in space to get into that station to go back and than walk back to where was), or just lose myself exploring and run out of oxygen or time, and than have to go there again, fly the painfully clumsy ship there again, find the entrance I used again, remember the path I did inside to try to get to same place etc etc, again and again and again. I just cant, it was just making me angry and frustrated very often

Also, it really bothers me how bland the nomai and actually most of the setting is. They are supposed to be this mysterious alien race but they are exactly as generically human as the main alien race. And theres a lot of reading about them and thats boring as hell

I might try again someday but maybe is just not for me

edit: vvvvvvvvvvvv thats not wrong, I am really bad at videogames. Thats why I mostly play turn-based RPGs and strategy games, nothing that requires dexterity or rapid reflexes

smarxist posted:

it's okay, i didn't finish outer wilds either because i loving hate time limit games

chain probes for both of you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i didn't like Outer Wilds either but that's okay, it's not like I don't believe the people who say they think it's a great game, they just have different taste than I do

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Outer wilds is an ok game but really overrated try reading a book smh

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i didn't like Outer Wilds either but that's okay, it's not like I don't believe the people who say they think it's a great game, they just have different taste than I do

how dare you?!? any disagreement with me is an attack on my fragile sense of self!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

don't think this will let you escape my wrath

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

i didn't like Outer Wilds either but that's okay

it's not

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i promise you it is

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
In the original gaelic it's pronounced outer wilds

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

MonsieurChoc posted:

There actually was a Cyberpunk 2020/World of Darkness crossover in the 1990s.

maybe it was just one, but there might have been an entire series of tex murphy-type point and clicks about cyber vampires. think they even had fmv segments.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Outer Wilds, Outer Worlds, Holiday Inn

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bad news for fans of open-world games: Five former Ubisoft executives arrested after sexual harassment investigation

quote:

Five former executives from Ubisoft have been arrested by French police following a year-long investigation into sexual assault and harassment within the company.

French newspaper Libération reported that three were arrested yesterday, with another two placed in custody today.

Among those arrested are former chief creative officer Serge Hascoët and ex-VP of editorial and creative services Tommy François.

Both left the publisher in Summer 2020, following allegations of widespread abuse, harassment and discrimination within Ubisoft, including claims against the two executives.

The arrests followed complaints by the Solidaires Informatique union and two victims in the summer of 2021. It is being handed by the public prosecutor's office in Bobigny, a district of Paris.

Speaking to Libération, the plaintiff's lawyer Maude Beckers said the case goes beyond individual behaviour and "reveals systemic sexual violence."

GamesIndustry.biz reached out to Ubisoft. A spokesperson told us: "Ubisoft has no knowledge of what has been shared and therefore can't comment."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
well theres blood.net too

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

should have known that rpgs were a haven for sexpests

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i will never install ubisoft's installer

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

i will never install ubisoft's installer

that one was the line for me too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mike the TV posted:

should have known that rpgs were a haven for sexpests

i wouldnt call open world ubisoft games rpgs. id call them a toilet bowl brimming with raw offal. its awful but theres sure a lot of it

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Otter Wilds

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
ITT change Ubisoft/open world game titles to sexpest titles

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

wow you don't like ubisoft games, fascinating

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zokari posted:

wow you don't like ubisoft games, fascinating

His taste is just better than ours, and we have to accept that

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Al! posted:

well theres blood.net too

I remember being obsessed with this game as a teen and trying every possible trick to scrounge up the 600kB of extended memory or whatever, but my computer was too lovely at the time.

Then like 10 years later I picked it up from an abandonware site and it was an impenetrable tedious mess lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mike the TV posted:

ITT change Ubisoft/open world game titles to sexpest titles

Muffled Cry 5

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
You think Ubisoft execs see collectible markers over female employees? 4/15 Employees Harassed.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

all these Outer Wilds posts are painful

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Started up bg3 with Half-Orc named Vatnik.

Twist: He's not a savage orc, he's a noble paladin!

Double Twist: He has the Haunted background because he's an Oath of Vengeance Paladin who took things a little too far.

what the gently caress are you talking about jesse

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the execs who harassed those women came from a range of diverse backgrounds and religions

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ammanas posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about jesse

the video game Baldur's Gate 3

AnemicChipmunk
Oct 23, 2012

Harassin's Creed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

finished act 1 lol. goodbye person who was heavily foreshadowed to die

why am I Keanu reeves now ??? what the gently caress ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

finished act 1 lol. goodbye person who was heavily foreshadowed to die

why am I Keanu reeves now ??? what the gently caress ???

cuz ur in the matrix, neo