Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Spaced God posted:

Jesus Christ lmao

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

Goons are going for another big dynamic campaign that's going to go for a while as a Let's Play, with multiple player commanders in tabletob fashion.

Thanks to Prime and Deadseed for hard work at a crucial time crunch. I recommend taking an advantage of the sale at ED store for 12 more hours. We're going to war in South America.

Let's Play: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042524

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_mCf0mL9IE

In reference to this, forumsposter Aero did this in MSFS2020:

Aero737 posted:

Australia, Keen to slow the PLA advance in the Southern Hemisphere, has been strategically partnering with South American, Pacific, and African countries in providing defense aid and humanitarian aid. The No. 36 Squadrion of the RAAF, flying C-17 Globemasters, has been tasked with this.

Mission Tasking: Deliver essential supplies and radio navigational beacons to aid Chilean and Argentinean forces.

Routing RAAF Amberly (YAMB) to El Calafate (SAWC) via South Pacific

Load Sheet:

Loading cargo

Foggy morning outside Brisbane. 4:05 am local.

Breaking through the fog and low cloud layer

Early summer sunrise.

En route over New Zealand. Our flight path roughly follows the 40th parallel across the South Pacific.

Approaching the west coast of Chile. Fog fills the fjords due to the marine layer.

Initiating combat descent after crossing the Andes. The mountain range provides a natural shield from PLAAF radar and their SAM network. We will descend into a mountain valley and follow the terrain to our destination.

CAUTION TERRAIN CAUTION TERRAIN

In the valley. Countermeasures armed, lights off.

On final approach into El Calafate. The city is in the background.

Full reverse.

If you think you might partake, you can fly MSFS2020 and contribute. Current question in the thread is:

"Brazil is in the fight and Brazil famously (for people concerned about the financial threat of South American arms development) began indigenous designs of cruise missiles and rocket artillery launchers back in the 90s and early 2000s. Depending on Naval ships alone to secure the Strait of Magellan is folly, and China has some ships that could be a real serious SAM threat for our air forces. Someone should get coastal defense cruise missiles (CDCM) and long-range rockets deployed down to the Strait of Magellan where they can hold the ships large enough to carry serious SAMs at serious risk of cruise missile attack.

---

Anti-shipping missiles are a possibility. For those, I will require a broad strokes plan, and they will have to be flown in by cargo aircraft from Brazil in MSFS2020. Someone has to step up to do that."

Inquire within.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 1, 2023

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
The C-17 I used is freeware, so anyone with MSFS (or gamepass) can fly it. It's a very good freeware aircraft with a mostly complete and modeled cockpit, HUD, and an amazing exterior.

https://flightsim.to/file/12408/msfs-native-c-17-globemaster

Extract into your %AppData%\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\ folder if using Gamepass/ Xbox store.

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

That Works posted:

Its come up in the thread before.

Check post history itt and its mentioned there and confirmed by others in the airgoons sever after he got banned from it.

[Images snipped for brevities sake]

Sigh... thanks for the heads up, what is it about the simming/wargaming communities attracts people like this?

I would have hoped the reaction on finding out about that contractors views would be to stop using them.

I meant at least he doesnt agree with the guys views (so technically not a sympathiser) but still... ffs man!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

StarBegotten posted:

I meant at least he doesnt agree with the guys views (so technically not a sympathiser)

Cannot agree with that part.

He defends keeping them around knowing what they are, defends their work and skill, gives shoutouts and praise to them (Yink) in his vids and other media while benefiting from their work. He's openly acknowledged that they are a Nazi and supports them being there as part of the community that he has made.

It's like the saying if you have 9 people at dinner and a known nazi sits down and joins them and everyone has a pleasant meal, you have 10 nazis at dinner.

e: given that its the flightsim thread not gonna reply further, PM if you really want to discuss further (I do not).

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

StarBegotten posted:

Sigh... thanks for the heads up, what is it about the simming/wargaming communities attracts people like this?

I don't think it's any more complex than the ability to play as Nazis

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

That Works posted:

Just a heads up Enigma is an unapologetic Nazi sympathizer.

This is actually not true. I realize some people have crabs in a bucket mentality but it is crazy that this continues.

If people are able to coexist on my server and not introduce any politics then they are welcome to take part in it. Me being unwilling to be a moral police and wanting to stay as neutral as possible doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer. It just means that I want to avoid politics in the gaming space.

I offered to leave Gooncord so people could save face and to make things easier because most of Gooncord just does PVE things and I mostly play PVP. I didn't want to try to fight to stay in because a handful of Goons wanted to impose their moderation style on my server.

Also for the record, we still play. Many of us realize what happened on that discord and it was just easier to play on other discords. So while you may feel it your duty to run around and spread these falsehoods just do know that several people on Gooncord and I continue to still play to this day. So I hope this gives you pause and to realize that your thoughts are not universally held by people on that discord.

I hope the South Atlantic campaign goes well.

E:
I am on a train in the UK and find myself bored so that is how I stumbled across this because I am just reading through stuff as I have time to kill. I don't really check SA all that often anymore so I will most likely not respond just because Reddit (sadly) sort of killed SA for me. The last thing I will say is you guys are just seeing this and don't see the other half. The crazy conservatives who come after me for protecting people from homophobic or anti trans stuff. I am a Nazi to the left and a libtard to the right. I am trying to just run a server not to be the moral police.

Have a good one.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 4, 2023

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

you see himmlerx stanning rhodesia on my discord is not introducing politics, and

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

Me being unwilling to be a moral police and wanting to stay as neutral as possible doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer. It just means that I

That's why I love these forums. :allears:

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

life comes at you fast

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Wow. Was he banned because he was on a train in the UK?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Oh come on mods give me time to tell him to gently caress off again :(

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Caution terrain caution terrain

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

"So much for the tolerant left"

"I was centrist but they drove me hard right"

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Can't help thinking that his problem of all the "crazy conservatives who come after me for protecting people from homophobic or anti trans stuff" could be solved by simply not inviting them into the social space in the first place, like we've been saying.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

If nazis just want a drink and not to immediately start killing minorities, i see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed at my bar

[Later, when my bar is a nazi bar] How could this happen

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Enigma89 posted:

This is actually not true. I realize some people have crabs in a bucket mentality but it is crazy that this continues.

If people are able to coexist on my server and not introduce any politics then they are welcome to take part in it. Me being unwilling to be a moral police and wanting to stay as neutral as possible doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer. It just means that I want to avoid politics in the gaming space.

I offered to leave Gooncord so people could save face and to make things easier because most of Gooncord just does PVE things and I mostly play PVP. I didn't want to try to fight to stay in because a handful of Goons wanted to impose their moderation style on my server.

Also for the record, we still play. Many of us realize what happened on that discord and it was just easier to play on other discords. So while you may feel it your duty to run around and spread these falsehoods just do know that several people on Gooncord and I continue to still play to this day. So I hope this gives you pause and to realize that your thoughts are not universally held by people on that discord.

I hope the South Atlantic campaign goes well.

E:
I am on a train in the UK and find myself bored so that is how I stumbled across this because I am just reading through stuff as I have time to kill. I don't really check SA all that often anymore so I will most likely not respond just because Reddit (sadly) sort of killed SA for me. The last thing I will say is you guys are just seeing this and don't see the other half. The crazy conservatives who come after me for protecting people from homophobic or anti trans stuff. I am a Nazi to the left and a libtard to the right. I am trying to just run a server not to be the moral police.

Have a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HFc6x_AtWs

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lol hitler

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Replaced my old CH Fighterstick/Throttle/Pedals and home built pvc frame with a bit of an upgrade this past weekend:

Honeycomb Alpha yoke, used Bravo Throttle from a goon, and a new Logitech G Pro rudder on a Wheel Stand Pro HC frame. I pretty much only fly in VR, but I'm finding myself wanting to just use a monitor so I can look at the controllers more. I'm worried this is what leads to full cockpit setups in the future.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I have that exact same setup (minus the stand). it's pretty nice.

Enigma89 posted:

<Nazi Defending BS>

:byewhore:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Enigma89 posted:

OK

But you should be protecting gay/trans/etc. You should not be tolerating a known Nazi.

This is not a BOTH SIDES thing, this is a dinner party with a Nazi thing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Enigma89 posted:

lol

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!

Enigma89 posted:

I loving love these forums man. "Noooo guys i'm definitely NOT a crypto fascist I just pal around with them I swear!!!"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Phat Phingers posted:

I loving love these forums man. "Noooo guys i'm definitely NOT a crypto fascist I just pal around with them I swear!!!"

Its great.

"if you guys are getting mad at me for being a friend with a nazi you should see what my friends get mad at me about for talking to gays" The Michael Jordan of being tone deaf folks.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If anyone is one of the people mentioned who still hangs out with Enigma I would love to know so I can never interact with them again. What an idiot, why do fascists always have a paragraphs long explanation about how working with and supporting nazis isn't collaboration.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

His first post here in two and a half years, and it was an all-timer.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

:evilbuddy:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’m not-Nazi related news, the MSFS/DCS/War Thunder trifecta forced my hand and I popped in a 4TB SSD today.

Amazon took the order at 11am local, and it was installed and running by 4pm. And it was cheaper than Best Buy or anywhere else I could have gotten it local. The future is wild.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

:yikes:

And to think if I was going to buy DCS it would have been for Enigma's Cold War server. Guess that's not happening!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Woolie Wool posted:

:yikes:

And to think if I was going to buy DCS it would have been for Enigma's Cold War server. Guess that's not happening!

You should get it to fly with Airgoons and hold off the PLA invasion of South America instead!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042524

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

you don't buy dcs, you start buying dcs

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

ethanol posted:

you don't buy dcs, you start buying dcs

First hit is free. That's how they get ya

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Enos Cabell posted:

Replaced my old CH Fighterstick/Throttle/Pedals and home built pvc frame with a bit of an upgrade this past weekend:

Honeycomb Alpha yoke, used Bravo Throttle from a goon, and a new Logitech G Pro rudder on a Wheel Stand Pro HC frame. I pretty much only fly in VR, but I'm finding myself wanting to just use a monitor so I can look at the controllers more. I'm worried this is what leads to full cockpit setups in the future.

that looks bad-rear end fr

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

The Bravo looks way better on your setup than it ever did clamped to my desk, glad it went to a good home where it’ll actually be used!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Enigma89 posted:

:laffo:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What the actual gently caress was that post.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Par for Enigma

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Bondematt posted:

First hit is free. That's how they get ya
You can maintain it a while with the Rafale mod. But eventually...

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
drat, here I thought this thread suddenly got a bunch of new posts because a cool new plane had been released (or PMDG finally finished their EFB or something). But no, it's nazis...why is it always nazis :(

Oh but the TBM850 is supposed to be released tomorrow and that's way better than nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is there any chance that MSFS will have good ATC in it's next release.. I generally just ignore it.. I tried again today and I kept bouncing between NY and Potomac over and over and over ./
Salad 420 Six Niner.. please contact NY Center..
Salad 420 six niner please contact Potomac Approach
Salad 420 Six Niner.. please contact NY Center..