Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Vic posted:

e: And the timer is there so "clearing" a GR doesn't mean you're just dying your way through it over the course of an hour. It is good, not bad.

what's wrong with dying over an over trying to overcome a challenge? Imposing arbitrary time limits on a casual non-competitive game is not good

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The time limit for Greater Rifts is 15 minutes. Unless you're at the absolute cutting edge of solo GR140+ it should not take you anywhere near 15 minutes to get to the rift boss. And unlike D4, Diablo 3 actually has a pause button.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
looking forward to seeing what this stream today offers the dad gamers and rad gamers

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kaysette posted:

looking forward to seeing what this stream today offers the dad gamers and rad gamers

Dad gamers rise up(until 10:30pm when they put on their CPAP machine to have a good night sleep)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think one of the enemies or bosses should be a vampire gal with big knockers.

Oh and I guess a bunch of poison werewolf blood vampire moves since that's my build this time around. I never took druid past 20-30 but I loved the way poison plant and rabies worked. I'm also eager to discover if all the werewolf dash and combo moves work when pushed into hard content, I've loved druid since Diablo 2 and I still have heavy placebo effect when using werewolf moves, lol.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

External Organs posted:

Dad gamers rise up(until 10:30pm when they put on their CPAP machine to have a good night sleep)

I go to bed at 9:30 on work nights.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wow, I can't believe they got David Boreanaz to voice Vampire Cain.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Doomykins posted:

I think one of the enemies or bosses should be a vampire gal with big knockers.

Oh and I guess a bunch of poison werewolf blood vampire moves since that's my build this time around. I never took druid past 20-30 but I loved the way poison plant and rabies worked. I'm also eager to discover if all the werewolf dash and combo moves work when pushed into hard content, I've loved druid since Diablo 2 and I still have heavy placebo effect when using werewolf moves, lol.

Should be a lot more than one but you're on the right track.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I don't want to be too sexist, I just reflexively stamp my feet and wolf howl at vampire aesthetic plus pretty lady. They can have pretty dudes too, open shirt and a noticeable bulge. Some vampire bimbos and himbos, as a treat. Hmmm, I'm reminded Castlevania has a new season out.

I'm relieved to look it up and realize I don't need tempest roar for my dumb build idea.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Mr. Pickles posted:

what's wrong with dying over an over trying to overcome a challenge? Imposing arbitrary time limits on a casual non-competitive game is not good

That's what you do in regular rifts. Regular rifts have no time limit and it's where items drop.

Greater rifts have a time limit and no items drops during the play, as to facilitate pure DPS race. It's an accurate gauge of your current power level and is there for the leaderboards (your personal or public). There are no new items gated behind higher rift levels.

You have an option between those two otherwise identical game modes. Why would you play time attack mode if you don't wanna have a timer?

Vic fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 4, 2023

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ehud posted:

excited for the announcements today! excited to play more D4!

You mean diablo immortal

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Even with the EXP buff for T3/4, the 20% seasonal bonus, and a 5% bonus from elixirs, leveling is so painfully loving slow in that 50-65 range where T4 NMDs aren't as efficient as just slamming through T3s. In theory this isn't much different from Grifts, but something about it feels much more tedious. Probably just that it's slower, has less mob density, less environmental variation, and annoying sub-objectives that are a lot less fun / mindless than just "kill everything on the screen until a big monster shows up."

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's also annoying because if you aren't doing T4, you aren't getting ancestrals and so you aren't improving your gear to be more able to do T4.

I ran around the open world until I had a full loadout of 750ish gear, then added the affixes I needed and went back to T3, but it's just a really stupid and frustrating chunk of the level progression.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s exactly where I quit season 1. It did not seem well designed

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I couldn't remember what time the stream was: It's 2pm est / 11am pdt.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Stream is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8tBnev3n8Q

actual content starts in 30 min

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

WIth the D4 / OW2 crossover shown earlier, it is likely we couldget some OW2 into our D4 soon!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Even with the EXP buff for T3/4, the 20% seasonal bonus, and a 5% bonus from elixirs, leveling is so painfully loving slow in that 50-65 range where T4 NMDs aren't as efficient as just slamming through T3s. In theory this isn't much different from Grifts, but something about it feels much more tedious. Probably just that it's slower, has less mob density, less environmental variation, and annoying sub-objectives that are a lot less fun / mindless than just "kill everything on the screen until a big monster shows up."

interesting. That wasn’t my experience at all on any character. I just blasted through tier 3 and into tier 4 in short order

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
the stream is live, gamers

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

- Mounts can charge through barriers now.

- New final boss will have dramatically higher chance to drop uber uniques to target farm them.

- New town portal cosmetic season rewards.

- Itemization revamp starting in season 2.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cool, we get to become vampires

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Itemization revamp starting in season 2.

Any more info on what this actually means? Will they take a look at the affixes or is this just corpo speak for "we fixed resistances"?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

- Player will contract vampirism and gain new powers and modified skills over the season quest line.

- New mob types introduced: Blood cultists, vampires, vampiric beasts, Vampire Lord final boss.

- Existing parts of the world will have revamped environments and enemy spawns after the vampire lord conquers/destroys them.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

22 vampiric powers, class agnostic this time

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

External Organs posted:

10:30?! Are you main lining caffeine?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

- New vampire skill tree. 22 powers total, no class-specific powers so everyone has access to 22 new powers instead of just a few class specific ones.

- You collect vampiric powers from vampire lords and quests.

- You can select up to five powers and link them in a new vampire skill wheel/tree.

- New mechanic: Soul stealing. Certain actions will steal enemy souls and increase your soul counter. You can select different skills to trigger them, spend souls, and have a powerful new effect based on number of souls.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

10:30?! Are you main lining caffeine?

...yes?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

New item: Pact.

Allows you imbue armor with new vampiric pacts to trigger special new skills or large customizable stat increases.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

This sounds neat tbh

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Biggest worry - vampirism is a huge snooze fest as a mob affix when you are pushing the limits of content you can run. i hope not every vampire mob has it otherwise it will lead to a bunch of honk shoo gameplay

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Yeah so far this sounds like a good approach towards seasons/new skills, now give us the maps.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

These new monsters looks suspiciously similar to the ones we already had

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Time posted:

Biggest worry - vampirism is a huge snooze fest as a mob affix when you are pushing the limits of content you can run. i hope not every vampire mob has it otherwise it will lead to a bunch of honk shoo gameplay

Vampirism isn't a new affix. There are new trash mobs that are vampires, vampiric beasts, vampire lords, etc. with new skills.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Powers can be upgraded and unlocked incrementally with blood drops, so you can target farm powers over time and always make progress towards specific rewards you want.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Vampirism isn't a new affix. There are new trash mobs that are vampires, vampiric beasts, vampire lords, etc. with new skills.

i know its not a new affix. im saying i hope not all of the new vampire mobs have it, in addition to their new skills. because it leads to boring gameplay in its current implementation

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
lol the national alert test didn't come up when scheduling this I guess

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

New Mechanic: Blood Harvests.

Similar to Helltides.

Transforms entire zones.

Limited time.

Massively increases density.

Available at level 1.

Drops unique "bait" items that you can use to spawn packs of special vampire elites on you.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

New mechanic: Vampire Hunter Board

Long progress with many tiers.

Killing enemies in a Blood Harvest, finishing dungeons, doing whispers, and many other activities build reputation.

Each tier gives items, powers, and caches that get more powerful as you move up.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

how blizz sees progression for season 2