Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He is rich because he is extremely intelligent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Failbird posted:

Does he really have a high IQ? :thunk:
Having the intellectual capacity for mentally visualizing n/dimensional space with complicated conditions and doing math around it is sure something only "gifted" people can do but that doesn't prevent you from being a douche with a terrible emotional history and the culture of an ape trapped in the monkeys' war. I think the problem is that in the past we had really "brainy" people with high "cultural abilities" (Einstein, Oppenheimer, I would put Curie there too even if not enough people read her letters), and people wrongly assumed both abilities were directly related. Nope for one of those you get 10 douches super ready to work on the H bomb.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 10:55 on Oct 4, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Oppenheimer is a fake movie, dude did basically nothing and deserves no credit

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Op was just a dweeby middle manager. If he lived 80 years later he would wear an ahegao shirt to work.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Failbird
Mar 19, 2009

I'm Batman
I for one cannot wait to see Elon Musk The Biopic. Rated X.

Failbird
Mar 19, 2009

I'm Batman
Blood Diamond 2: Electric Car Boogaloo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Do NOT ask how much money he is getting from the government for Ukraine starlinks

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Interesting. Concerning. Bizarre. 100. 100.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Elon Musk is an American Patriot

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1709471764005232796

:patriot:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Incelutations, friend

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Didn't he own x.com for decades and did nothing with it until this year?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dokapon Findom posted:

Oppenheimer is a fake movie, dude did basically nothing and deserves no credit

mr_show.flv

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

How is community notes or whatever still working? Thought musk would shut it down months ago

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sir Tonk posted:

Just a genius playing the long game

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Wow Elon supports Medicare for All that's based as hell

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

How is community notes or whatever still working? Thought musk would shut it down months ago
It works great, people note one of Elon's posts and he deletes it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

shyduck posted:

It works great, people note one of Elon's posts and he deletes it

Also you're not allowed to use community notes if you block musk

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

i think he tried to name the service that eventually became paypal "x" but it was back when he was just some guy and so it got rightfully shot down for being too stupid

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

quote:

New York, NY, October 4, 2023 … ADL (the Anti-Defamation League) issued the following statement today regarding recent developments with X/Twitter:

“In light of recent events, it feels like a useful moment to clarify the ADL position on X and its leadership.

"As we have noted in our research over the past several years, X – along with other social media platforms – has a serious issue with antisemites and other extremists using these platforms to push their hateful ideas and, in some cases, bully Jewish and other users.

"We appreciate X’s stated intent over the last few weeks to address antisemitism and hate on the platform. This has been useful; more needs to be done; and, as we have with other companies, in the spirit of collaboration, we are hopeful that we can continue to engage with X on this important matter.

"We want to do so because ADL fights antisemitism, hate, and extremism across all platforms and regardless of party or ideology. We attempt to work with each platform in a constructive manner. We engage with all of them routinely on how to make their platforms better.

"To be clear, any allegation that ADL has somehow orchestrated a boycott of X or caused billions of dollars of losses to the company or is “pulling the strings” for other advertisers is false. Indeed, we ourselves were advertising on the platform until the anti-ADL attacks began a few weeks ago. We now are preparing to do so again to bring our important message on fighting hate to X and its users.

"A better, healthier, and safer X would be a win for the world. We’ve said that publicly and repeatedly, and we hope that company leadership shares that goal as well. As we do with all platforms, we will credit X as it moves in that direction, and we also will call it out when it has not.

"For over a century, ADL has worked across the political spectrum and with a wide range of companies and organizations to promote tolerance and religious freedom while challenging antisemitism and hate. We know that the vast majority of Americans share these goals.  By working collaboratively with X and other platforms, we endeavor to further this common mission while respecting the Constitutional right to free speech and religious liberty that belongs to all of us.” 
It will not get better

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

ADL seems like it's pretty cucked here imo

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

It will not get better

You wont care

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
adl givin off big ted cruz vibes

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Well thats disappointing. Way to go ADL.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Booooooo

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oops, wrong thread

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sure X is very antisemitic but Linda got us a great deal on advertising!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Maybe they promised to crack down on pro-Palestine accounts

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shyduck posted:

It will not get better

Looking into this

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just some real Lucy with a Football poo poo going on in every corner of society

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

More like Anti Defamation Losers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol if you thought the adl was going to do anything

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
man, this thread used to have like 40 new posts every time i open the app and for the last week, its been averaging 4-6 posts.

what has happened in the last week that caused this thread to cause interaction to drop off the cliff?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

thathonkey posted:

lol if you thought the adl was going to do anything
it's the speed in which they bent so quickly really

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

kazil posted:

Sure X is very antisemitic but Linda got us a great deal on advertising!

We Must Secure The Existence Of Our people, And A Future For #sports !!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/erinkwoo/status/1709622311748506029?s=20

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Timbs posted:

Just some real Lucy with a Football poo poo going on in every corner of society

Yup, we're in a hell world. Shitz hosed up man ._.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My Spirit Otter posted:

man, this thread used to have like 40 new posts every time i open the app and for the last week, its been averaging 4-6 posts.

what has happened in the last week that caused this thread to cause interaction to drop off the cliff?

I agree that there are less posts itt

I disagree that there are less good posts itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

dsf posted:

We Must Secure The Existence Of Our people, And A Future For #Silving !!