Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i think if you've ever been disappointed by a capybara that's a you problem, i'm always delighted

A Renault Goélette could transport approximately 130 capybaras

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

I always confuse capybaras with chupacabras and it’s regularly disappointing
Which one's the Brazilian dance fighting art and which one's the Havana Club and coke mixer? I always forget.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

keep punching joe posted:

Nothing to do with UKPol but got to see other nations rejecting the metric system.

I hope the asteroid is also as chill as 1000 capybaras.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

One judges you but not maliciously, the other sucks you, hopefully deliciously.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sorry to bring this up from pages ago, but I wouldn't say Rugz's behaviour is bannable or even probatable, they're just not very good at arguing and their opinions run contrary to seemingly everyone else's. They are the kind of poster who ends up either gets talked round, or getting bored and posting elsewhere about how mean this thread is. Easy to ignore or easy to argue against, as per your preference; and from the view of an external observer it looks like they are at least being challenged if they post bad takes.

I guess I somewhat agree, although like with DreddyMatt I feel that their horrible opinions on certain subjects shouldn't be forgiven.

Say I the Brexit voter.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

When it blocks quotes from that user as well that might be the start of a solution. Until then, no.

Also from the outside it would still look like we have a oval office infestation.

Yeah this is my issue with the "block and move on" argument because if people are just posting heinous bigoted poo poo unpunished because the regulars have it on block then it's just letting people see horrific poo poo not getting challenged and assuming we endorse it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i think if you've ever been disappointed by a capybara that's a you problem, i'm always delighted

casually admitting to beastiality are we

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sorry to bring this up from pages ago, but I wouldn't say Rugz's behaviour is bannable or even probatable, they're just not very good at arguing and their opinions run contrary to seemingly everyone else's. They are the kind of poster who ends up either gets talked round, or getting bored and posting elsewhere about how mean this thread is. Easy to ignore or easy to argue against, as per your preference; and from the view of an external observer it looks like they are at least being challenged if they post bad takes.

Crystal Thenis however is knowingly being an antagonistic, bigoted oval office and is deliberately threadshitting. Nothing he has posted has even attempted to add to the discussion, and his presence in the thread just makes it look unmoderated.

I get it, most easily trolled thread on the forums etc, but that doesn't mean we should do nothing when someone is clearly and unambiguously threadshitting.

It seems from occasional inferences in the chat thread's discord that he is likely a permabanned user who has reregged, but I don't have any proof of that beyond general vibes.

When it blocks quotes from that user as well that might be the start of a solution. Until then, no.

Also from the outside it would still look like we have a oval office infestation.

Yeah I agree with all this, I don’t think Rugz was trolling, and a bit of hyperbole when quoting back what others are saying isn’t exactly Debate Club suitable but it is something people do more often than not I’d say, outside of these hallowed halls of good natured discussion.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

capybaras are like 2x the size of a chupacabra

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Frankly I'm just amused that calling someone a redditor (and implying redditors are paedos) made them legit mad at me.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Frankly I'm just amused that calling someone a redditor (and implying redditors are paedos) made them legit mad at me.

Reddit is so bad that it’s like 6 insults rolled into one to be fair.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

my god... there's a podium... and she's standing... IN FRONT OF it... so unique and distinctive... this is the single greatest leader of our time

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Isn't that what Chris Rock got at the Oscars?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
regardless of posting quality, the casual slinging of calling people child abusers kinda sucks actually

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Guinea Big

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

regardless of posting quality, the casual slinging of calling people child abusers kinda sucks actually

I have an entire court case here that says that's actually just a generic South African insult

This is just a Musk joke, sorry. And I wish he'd said that under England and Wales jurisdiction, our defamation laws have to be good for something!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SocietyGuardian/status/1709607067483586566

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jakabite posted:

Yeah I agree with all this, I don’t think Rugz was trolling, and a bit of hyperbole when quoting back what others are saying isn’t exactly Debate Club suitable but it is something people do more often than not I’d say, outside of these hallowed halls of good natured discussion.

I dunno, I've finally caught up with the thread after being pages and pages behind for about 2 years, and Rugz seems quite poo poo and none of their posts were worth reading. I basically agree with the below:

Tesla was right posted:

I disagree about Rugz' behaviour being good-faith disagreement. Throughout these multi-day details they've come in with a contrarian opinion, misrepresented other people's arguments and seamlessly switched topics just to keep the argument going. It's pissflappian trolling, plain and simple.

It seemed to me to just be low effort bad faith posting with no attempt to be funny or clever or make coherent argument or engage anyone or anything really. It came across as just pointless and boring and annoying and made them seem like a bit of a twat

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1709650513694703651

lol

e: and double lol

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1709529507659473192

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 4, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Niric posted:

It came across as just pointless and boring and annoying and made them seem like a bit of a twat

^^^ :hmmyes:

... anyway. :)

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

The Torygraph posted:

Mordaunt ended with a rallying cry for the Conservative Party to “stand up and fight!” In fairness, it does appear to be doing that. Unfortunately, the party is now entering the “drunken tramp” phase of its existence, where it appears to be swinging randomly at either imagined antagonists or, more often, itself while shouting bizarre phrases into the ether. While the temptation is to stop and stare, some people in the park are beginning to avert their gaze in a sort of infectious embarrassment.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Laurence Fox has been released from custody minus his devices, meaning he can't currently access any of his socials :toot:

e: confirmation from the hairy scottish almost-cancelled oval office https://twitter.com/thecoastguy/status/1709671498024112441

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Those hard drives are being scanned with an intensity normally reserved for James Bonds tied to a table.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Tory party enters the 'drunken tramp' phase of Photo Sharing by ThumbSnap.com

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would be astonished if the telegraph has not published articles agreeing with basically everything said in the tory party conference.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You'd think he'd know how to set out an altar without making it a cluttered rear end mess.

Remove 3/4 of that and add a Jesus Funko Pop and it'd still be closer to canon.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/miffythegamer/status/1709647099615174844

He's apparently now completely without an income, and there's a crowdfunder for him. lol

https://twitter.com/PeteBritish/status/1709612057585131699

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
its a bit weird that I'm like how are they letting this guy be a vicar or whatever he is... when like all the loving hosed up religions doing batshit paedo stuff etc

but how are they letting this guy be a vicar? like do they regulate those collars?

can an arch bishop turn up with his lightsaber and strike him down?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's a deacon in the Free Church, I think you just have to turn up often enough and keep your hot takes to your own time for that.

Which explains why he has an altar primarily devoted to clock.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

its a bit weird that I'm like how are they letting this guy be a vicar or whatever he is... when like all the loving hosed up religions doing batshit paedo stuff etc

but how are they letting this guy be a vicar? like do they regulate those collars?

can an arch bishop turn up with his lightsaber and strike him down?

He's not a regular CofE vicar. He used to be an atheist gamer who then went on to become a teacher. He tried to become the Conservative face of young teaching, but it didn't quite work out. He was probably a poo poo teacher. So he did his seminary to become a vicar, and when he graduated, I'm pretty certain he made ridiculous demands like an immediate parish of his own, as well as a promotion. When that was refused, he made a massive stink about being cancelled for his views, and joined the break away Anglican church who immediately promoted him to Deacon, and then he suddenly had his GBNews job.

Everything about him is fake.

Calvin pictured in 2017 with Gove

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 4, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I bet he's not even a real Etsy Knight Templar.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

I bet he's not even a real Etsy Knight Templar.

That helmet was £54 from Amazon

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah so he's as much a religious authority as I am. Except I'm pretty sure that the Sermon on the Mount alone makes me more experienced with the teachings of Jesus than he is.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Ah so he's as much a religious authority as I am. Except I'm pretty sure that the Sermon on the Mount alone makes me more experienced with the teachings of Jesus than he is.

He's absolutely 100% fake. Gove, and I guess Murdoch, wanted to make him a Conservative posterchild. When the teaching mouthpiece thing failed, he was very quickly whisked away and remodelled into this fake deacon oval office that we see now. His website has archives all the way back to 2002

He started off as a normal college kid:

quote:

As you can see this website is highly under construction, as im very busy with work and college.

The above photo of me is about 1-2 years old btw!

My Alias: I have always been known as Jah_n_God, since my early IRC days, then i switched from UnderNet to DALnet and so chose a new alias... BaDDaSS.

I played on Habbo Hotel for a while, made a cheats website (which got HUGE) then I left the crap game to do some serious gaming: Unreat Tournament! And now UT2003 :-D

You will now usually see me in the DLPgaming (click the banner below) and Multiplay forums.

My new PC rocks!!! Thanx to Catachan Chris from Multiplay LANs.
You'll see it at the next DLPgaming LAN! :

Then his website from 2009 shows he's still fairly normal

I've only skimmed a tiny percentage of the info from his archive.org snapshots, but I always find new things - like just now I found he he used to have the CR handle on twitter, which is now branded as 'Conservative Review' today.

I swear there are some massive bombshells hidden in those archive.org snapshots if any of you are feeling bored. But yeah, he's a complete fake.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 4, 2023

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
See, I have no clue who that twat is, I am Djimon Hounsou Who?.gif

How in gently caress y'all know him?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Monica Bellucci posted:

See, I have no clue who that twat is, I am Djimon Hounsou Who?.gif

How in gently caress y'all know him?

He's been the Christian mouthpiece on GBNews since the launch.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And he keeps appearing in public in the most obvious American white evangelical culture war stunts to try and make people in the UK care about that poo poo, like staging protests outside of non-existent drag events.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Oh right. I am both Irish and have no TV. (Not worth it is the tl;dr there)

So he is a pontificating gobshite then basically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes, just one of the parade of minor right wing weirdos that occupy the media space, but one with a weird schtick which is cosplaying a preacher.