Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

I have never understood the drug thing since I remember how much being on high doses of ketamine and dilaudid sucked. Experiencing that recreationally seems like a bad time.

I used to feel this way because I disliked weed, alcohol, and benzodiazepines like Xanax (I don't like the feeling of not being able to think clearly). But I was not prepared for opioids to feel identical to "the way you feel after having a great work-out." From what I understand, some people also just react differently to opiates (likely due to genetics or something) - some people react like me, while others just become sort of sleepy/nauseated on them. The fact that I've never felt remotely nauseated on opiates makes me inclined to think there's some significant genetic/biological difference involved.

I was literally addicted to cardio exercise before finding opiates - exercise was basically my "gateway drug." Late into college I basically had to go and do 45-60 minutes of cardio just to be able to relax at night (I didn't use opiates until after graduating).

The only other non-opiate drugs I've ever enjoyed were the stimulants (Ritalin and Adderall, each for a month or two) I was briefly prescribed for ADD back in my early 20s (which, similar to opiates, didn't negatively interfere with my ability to think). But I never really had a propensity to get addicted to them, because I valued sleep too much to take them late into the day (and generally disliked the sort of "burnt out" feel like I got if I kept them in my system for too long, so I was never willing to take them after school/work hours).

my bony fealty posted:

TCC has a long and storied history of getting addicted to Kratom full spectrum tincture, which I took once and was easily the most hosed up I've been on opiates. now you can buy all sorts of extracts at the gas station which seems not great, that shits nasty.

Yeah, "normal" kratom extract, that isn't cut with something else, basically just has the exact same effect as normal kratom, only you need to take less (and due to the increased strength, it's easier to have too much, which just kinda sucks and makes you feel loopy and unpleasant- it's why kratom by itself isn't too dangerous, since anything over a very low cap just makes you feel crappy).

FST (just from that one source, or other sources that obviously bought theirs from them) very obviously had something different going on with it. IIRC people actually proved at some point that it was being cut with something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That tweet ends just where you think you're about to read something juicy but you click through and its just "jab mandates and lockdowns" and a list that explains that Ben is an absolute lad.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
ben ftw

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1709662106277105744

lmao this is absolutely pathetic.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
who is this unhinged guy yelling at some people on a bus

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009

holy poo poo what a psycho

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ytlaya posted:

I was literally addicted to cardio exercise before finding opiates - exercise was basically my "gateway drug." Late into college I basically had to go and do 45-60 minutes of cardio just to be able to relax at night...The only other non-opiate drugs I've ever enjoyed were the stimulants (Ritalin and Adderall, each for a month or two) I was briefly prescribed for ADD back in my early 20s (which, similar to opiates, didn't negatively interfere with my ability to think).

I don't think we're that different personality-wise from what you said, so it must be a genetic thing, as you suggest.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

owned

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao poor Max. Covid just absolutely shattered his beautiful little contrarian brain

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

max being a histrionic dumbass blowhard?? that doesn't sound like him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ben...how could you do such terrible things to Brother Max

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Solidarity with the Sandinista tour guides who had to put up with that

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao poor Max. Covid just absolutely shattered his beautiful little contrarian brain

Petite bourgeois brains are not built to survive quarantine measures.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Jingjing_Li/status/1709166690574160039?t=TJKzMlptuUlRg57VdrEuzw&s=19

Ben out there living his best life

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I'm interested in what happened that caused ben to leave the grayzone but I'm not reading all that

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
the gayzone

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

crepeface posted:

I'm interested in what happened that caused ben to leave the grayzone but I'm not reading all that

He killed Max's family. It's extremely hosed up - I don't recommend reading the details.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

fits my needs posted:

who is this unhinged guy yelling at some people on a bus

the son of the clinton staffer who first had the bright idea to claim obama was from kenya

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

He killed Max's family. It's extremely hosed up - I don't recommend reading the details.

RIP Sid Blumenthal

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
what kind of marxist steals from his boss like that

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

He vaccinated Max's family. It's extremely hosed up - I don't recommend reading the details.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lmfao Syd Blumenthal's little failson got long covid and turned into a drooling retard

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm very sad about Max. His work on Israel was a big reason I got right on that issue.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I'm very sad about Max. His work on Israel was a big reason I got right on that issue.

same tbh

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Covid ruins the brain

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1709734903540281503

lol max had tucker over for dinner

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

ben just cant stop winning

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmfao gray zone having a jovial chat with a CIA guy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
as soon as max guy didnt mention getting money back i was like yep something being left out lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

im alan jones posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

im alan jones posted:

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Ben is awesome and I'm very glad he's in China. I really hope he interviews a lot of Chinese intellectuals. So much insight can be discovered by Ben

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1709749734095675844

Jesus H Christ max

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
max is right

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This kind of unity is what terrifies the US war state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy3fxWUc2wk

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008