Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Vladdy is ready for the playoffs.

He just thinks they start next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
oof

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I haven't watched a ton of Jays baseball, but Vladdy looks totally checked out, has he been like this all season?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Jesus christ

Intruder posted:

how do you get picked off at 2nd with a man on 3rd lol

Trying to ensure he scores on a single I assume

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
shameful

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
The Blue Jays aren't even bad, they are pathetic. Pitiable.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Squall posted:

lmfao, how do you get picked off there

The Aristocrats Toronto Blue Jays

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

he's bad at everything except hitting meatball bp homers I think

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
This is a loving joke lmao

Goddamn it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I’m glad I won’t be watching anymore of this garbage team this year. Just a full season created to annoy the poo poo out of me. Waste of my drat time!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

MakaVillian posted:

I haven't watched a ton of Jays baseball, but Vladdy looks totally checked out, has he been like this all season?

And last season too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

god drat what a play

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

What is it about the playoffs that turns managers' brains into oatmeal?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
vladdy is so god drat stupid

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

What is it about the playoffs that turns managers' brains into oatmeal?

They want to be the star! Geniuses!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
bunting for a hit to matt chapman seems like a bad idea

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:bunt:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

MakaVillian posted:

The media conglomerate that owns the Jays has done like 80 articles about how inconsistent he is and hasn't matched his fifty homerun season or whatever. In the Yankees series before the playoffs he was good and then in the Rays series he had some of the worst ABs I've seen all season.

This inning almost was a case in point because never in my life did I expect him to work that walk with the plate discipline he's shown all season, so I was pleasantly surprised how locked-in he looked but lol

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Tatsuta Age posted:

he's bad at everything except hitting meatball bp homers I think

He’s pretty good at first but the effort it took to learn those skills drained all his hitting intelligence

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Maybe I’m being emotional here but I would have immediately taken vlad out of the game and put in Davis Schneider

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Manny Ramirez just shed a single tear and doesn’t know why

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Gerblederp posted:

I’m blaming him
Donny hates pulling starters from games tho

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

DuhSal posted:

He’s pretty good at first but the effort it took to learn those skills drained all his hitting intelligence

he's literally the 1% (incredibly bad) according to outs above average. are you sure about this

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

tomanton posted:

The media conglomerate that owns the Jays has done like 80 articles about how inconsistent he is and hasn't matched his fifty homerun season or whatever. In the Yankees series before the playoffs he was good and then in the Rays series he had some of the worst ABs I've seen all season.

This inning almost was a case in point because never in my life did I expect him to work that walk with the plate discipline he's shown all season, so I was pleasantly surprised how locked-in he looked but lol

I remember reading an article after the All-Star game on TSN by that crappy former Mets GM saying that Vladdy's performance in the Derby will propel him to a great 2nd half :lol:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Been shaking my head for 5 minutes straight, vlad is the dumbest fucker on the planet

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Tatsuta Age posted:

he's literally the 1% (incredibly bad) according to outs above average. are you sure about this

Guess not.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

abuse culture. posted:

Maybe I’m being emotional here but I would have immediately taken vlad out of the game and put in Davis Schneider

Seriously, fat piece of poo poo is checked the gently caress out.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I hope the 5 outs you got from Kikuchi are worth the nuclear hot takes that will come all winter. Jesus

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Gotta hand it to Schneider and Vlad, super classy guys just absolutely blowing up their own playoff ambitions to help the even less fortunate Twins.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
If I was anything more than a hollow husk of a human being I would 100% YOLO all of my savings into betting on Bo getting a solo HR here

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Has kirk ever thrown anyone out? Trading Moreno was some big brain poo poo.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
But how else will people know that I'm a manager, doing important manager things? I have to do manager things!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Jays pbp are tripping over themselves to say Schneider didn't make the decision to pull Berrios all by himself.

lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao, it's over

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Jays pbp are tripping over themselves to say Schneider didn't make the decision to pull Berrios all by himself.

The front office pulls the strings. That plan was hatched up before the game started..

The front office is awful

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ekoreen/status/1709695574990369198

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This ump just wants to leave, that wasn't close.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I actually very much enjoy hating the Bears now

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Another ratshit strike, jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

DuhSal posted:

I’m glad I won’t be watching anymore of this garbage team this year. Just a full season created to annoy the poo poo out of me. Waste of my drat time!

Just in time for the Maple Leafs!