Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I legit don't care about her voice, I'm more concerned with the dialogue about homer's cock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

I legit don't care about her voice, I'm more concerned with the dialogue about homer's cock

:same:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Milo and POTUS posted:

Overheard at the 8th century BC Greek water cooler discussions on "what did you watch last week?"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

rotinaj posted:

The arguing as to whether they should recast or retire one of the main Simpsons cast when one of the voice actors dies, retires, or quits is gonna burn the internet to the loving ground

My vote is that they hire new voice actors for cheap, and have them start re-recording all the old episodes. You'll randomly get the new audio in episodes on Disney+, with it becoming more and more likely as time goes on, until they no longer have the original audios on streaming anymore.

Just gradually get people accustomed to new voices for the characters, by having those be the only voices for the characters.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If gravel voiced Marge talking about Homer’s dick is what the show is now, I’d imagine they’ll just get random actors who kind of sound like the characters and say gently caress it, my cheque still cashes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jizz.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Jamesman posted:

My vote is that they hire new voice actors for cheap, and have them start re-recording all the old episodes. You'll randomly get the new audio in episodes on Disney+, with it becoming more and more likely as time goes on, until they no longer have the original audios on streaming anymore.

Just gradually get people accustomed to new voices for the characters, by having those be the only voices for the characters.

It boggles my mind that The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park are all still in production. Not to mention the fact that Futurama is now back in production! Are there really that many people still watching those shows?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tiny Toon Adventures just got a new season.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, they already have the solution right in front of them: just stop making new episodes, and delete every one of them since, I dunno, season 10. That's right, The Simpsons has become terrible enough for me to reverse my usual stance on digital preservation

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
On my bike into work this morning I got detoured down a back alley I never use and ran into one of the more unhinged inventions I’ve ever seen.

The combination dumpster toilet.

Sharing a name with the dvd rental vending machines.

The RedBox+

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

If gravel voiced Marge talking about Homer’s dick is what the show is now, I’d imagine they’ll just get random actors who kind of sound like the characters and say gently caress it, my cheque still cashes.

They will be AI-generated like the scripts.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

The Moon Monster posted:

It's a total reboot though, not a continuation

Babs and Buster are siblings this time

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SplitSoul posted:

They will be AI-generated like the scripts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zY9z7IP-1Q&t=25s

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

In the future, ai will generate new episodes of all past tv shows and broadcast them out into the universe.

Mathemortician
Feb 7, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lt. Cock posted:

On my bike into work this morning I got detoured down a back alley I never use and ran into one of the more unhinged inventions I’ve ever seen.

The RedBox+

This made my wife gag.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Lt. Cock posted:

The RedBox+

For when you know that the porta potty won't hold your monster dump.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm not a fan of Chic-Fil-A and very rarely eat there but I have to admit that they have loving mastered the art of the drive thru. Aside from the traffic they cause, it's masterfully efficient and I'm surprised that more chains haven't followed their model given their overwhelming dominance in fast food.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I'm at the dumpster
I'm at the shitter
I'm at the combination dumpster shitter

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Lt. Cock posted:

"No matter what kind of poo poo you have, we'll handle it!"

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

confused posted:

It boggles my mind that The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park are all still in production. Not to mention the fact that Futurama is now back in production! Are there really that many people still watching those shows?

And yet the Venture Brothers gets cancelled.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have never poo poo your pants

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I’ll poo poo your pants

Here take this $20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPslZ61b5L0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cacafuego posted:

And yet the Venture Brothers gets cancelled.

I think the guy who slimed his way to the top of AS hated animation... the thing that built the parent channel

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lt. Cock posted:

The RedBox+

Rent a DVD, take a poo poo, and dump your trash all at once is the way of the future

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

:aaa:

maybealabia posted:

:hmmno:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm not a fan of Chic-Fil-A and very rarely eat there but I have to admit that they have loving mastered the art of the drive thru. Aside from the traffic they cause, it's masterfully efficient and I'm surprised that more chains haven't followed their model given their overwhelming dominance in fast food.

they dont have chic fil a near me, whats so special about their drive through?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

My Spirit Otter posted:

Two lanes and they have staff take your order in line rather than you talking to a speaker. They run your food out to you at the end rather than you taking it from a window.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My Spirit Otter posted:

The ones near me are always, forever packed bumper to bumper except on Sunday when they're closed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

confused posted:

White noise (no pun intended), inertia, and late-stage capitalism being deathly afraid of innovation when iteration does "enough" is the order of our time.

maybealabia posted:

What the gently caress?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think the guy who slimed his way to the top of AS hated animation... the thing that built the parent channel
Animation is a province for manchildren, high costs, slow production, and it's harder to justify dolling up women in it-- three things the type of person who becomes top dog in TV will always hate with a passion.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Also AS was just awful at capitalizing on merch. It would be easier to justify the cost of making a cartoon for adults if you made money by selling stuff related to those cartoons, but for whatever reason they barely bothered.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Mathemortician posted:

This made my wife gag.

You're welcome

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

My Spirit Otter posted:

Their efficiency and how they handle incredible volume. One of the reasons I don't eat there has to do with "gently caress all that traffic" but they really do keep it moving pretty well.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwv-W1ls-Es/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mathemortician posted:

This made my wife gag.
First time for everything

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Their efficiency and how they handle incredible volume. One of the reasons I don't eat there has to do with "gently caress all that traffic" but they really do keep it moving pretty well.

Politics aside, the throughput is loving incredible. There's a a shopping plaza around here where a couple of the restaurants have windows that have chik-fil-a and burger king drive thrus in sight. The chikfila will have double wide traffic wrapped around the building with multiple employees on foot taking orders. Meanwhile the BK has 3 cars behind the window with the last one placing an order, and by the time that car gets its food the cars that were just entering the chikfila line are heading out.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I just... cook my dinner. A salmon fillet and sautéed vegetables only takes like 6-8 minutes to cook with maybe 10 minutes of prep.

How often does the average American eat at a fast food joint for dinner?

E: Jesus christ Google says on average Americans eat fast food for dinner 3 times a week, and 37% of americans eat fast food every day.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 5, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I just... cook my dinner. A salmon fillet and since sautéed vegetables only takes like 6-8 minutes to cook with maybe 10 minutes of prep.

America is very big. Averages are going to be misleading

Just as many zero and every day probably

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Rent a DVD, take a poo poo, and dump your trash all at once is the way of the future

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I just... cook my dinner. A salmon fillet and sautéed vegetables only takes like 6-8 minutes to cook with maybe 10 minutes of prep.

E: Jesus christ Google says on average Americans eat fast food for dinner 3 times a week, and 37% of americans eat fast food every day.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Lt. Cock posted:

The RedBox+

Don’t doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

this isn’t unique to cfa. i went to a cane’s last night and the person who took my order outside also took my payment. the in and out where i live does the thing where they have folks out there taking orders on the row of cars. hell even mcdonald’s and taco bell do the 2 lanes thing just sans the person outside.