Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ThinkTank posted:

Breaking players bodies is kinda Philly's whole thing

Yeah but somewhere back there they got it all mixed up and started breaking their own players' bodies instead of their opponents'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Duckman2008 posted:

He hasn’t played in 2 years, so I would say they still ruined him.

To be fair, he's one full season's worth of games from being 5th all time in games played for the team

(Whether he actually plays that many more games is up for debate)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Breaking players bodies is kinda Philly's whole thing

I didn't know Gritty was Bane's secret identity.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

ah, of course

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The fact there is no media uproar on what should be a super juicy (read: controversial) story for the media tells you what you need to know. Which is: The league office has made it clear that if you wish to retain your credentials, you will not ask questions about this.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Could some, like, non-jock journos ask about it?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Or, like, the cops?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The local cops haven’t closed their investigation yet.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sounds bad for business. How about instead uh you get a McDonald's gift coupon that's expired.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Playing for the worst team in the league means playing against stronger competition (opponent pool doesn't include the worst team in the league) with worse teammates. I can't see how that makes a player's production less impressive. A better analogy than the Hartford Wolf Pack is the Anaheim Ducks. Put McDavid (or Matthews or Crosby or whoever) on the Ducks and would his production go up, down, or stay about the same? It would probably stay about the same.

As for why he's there, Russia is a massively hosed up place and who the hell knows. I greatly doubt Michkov is not one of the 12 best forwards in SKA's employ though.

It might be closer to how American recruits don’t often get minutes for the top Eurobasket clubs: what incentive is there to develop and give valuable minutes to someone who might not stick around and needs seasoning? This seems like what interclub loans in soccer are often used for as well. It doesn’t mean that the player is that much worse than anyone on the club right now, only that the club is interested in more ready made guys now

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
It's October 4th... excited to see the Sabres big off season acquisition make his pre-season debut... Connor Clifton?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

The fact there is no media uproar on what should be a super juicy (read: controversial) story for the media tells you what you need to know. Which is: The league office has made it clear that if you wish to retain your credentials, you will not ask questions about this.

You’re def not wrong, but there are non NHL journalists like the guy who broke the Kyle Beach story that wouldn’t care or be at risk of this?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Stepan retired, if anybody cares

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
im getting old because i still thought he was with new york but apparently that was 8 years ago

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

im getting old because i still thought he was with new york but apparently that was 8 years ago

They traded him to Arizona for the 7th overall pick and still somehow lost the trade

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ThinkTank posted:

They traded him to Arizona for the 7th overall pick and still somehow lost the trade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihgxsEh79A

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jonathan Quick is dogshit garbage btw. Shesty is gonna have to play all 82 if hes the backup.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

You’re def not wrong, but there are non NHL journalists like the guy who broke the Kyle Beach story that wouldn’t care or be at risk of this?

Certainly, and some of them are probably still digging. But if there's no dirt to be found there's nowhere to go, since no one inside hockey will talk to them.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Jonathan Quick is dogshit garbage btw. Shesty is gonna have to play all 82 if hes the backup.

I like that the past few years the Rangers have gotten back to their old ways of signing washed up stars

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Devils just kicking the Rangers rear end again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1709671258474897876?s=20

Chaching

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...2024-25-season/

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

drat that probably means the Devils can extend Toffoli.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Gonna be really bummed if it turns out MAF was part of that whole thing. He's the only one left in the league from that 2003 team, and I'd guess if the perpetrators were all nobodies the league would be more willing to let them hang.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

I like that the past few years the Rangers have gotten back to their old ways of signing washed up stars

After a bumpy start Halak was solid last year. Quick is washed tho.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Devils PP is going to be something else this season. Jjjjjeeeeez

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/thechargingbuf/status/1709728762244337867?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

I wish they could send Benson to Rochester because another season in the WHL isn’t going to do anything for him. He has tons of skill but he needs to play against full-sized adults and put on some bulk!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the sure is some "defense" by the jackets there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So what’s golden boy Bedard up to? I haven’t paid attention cause gently caress Chicago.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
He looks really really reeeally good... gently caress the blackhawks

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I recently learned that Citibank only exists in 7 metro markets.

New York
Los Angeles
Chicago
Bay Area
DC
Miami
Las Vegas

What do you guys think of that as an upgrade to the NHL? Maybe get rid of a third of the team's and put the rest in those cities?

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 5, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Trouba in mid-season form

https://twitter.com/rtaub_/status/1709711537626062958?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

“The numbers are showing a little bit.”

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Canucks shouldn’t be allowed to charge for attendance to games without atleast one of Petey or Quinn…

This is dull.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Connor Brown is good now

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Broberg and Holloway are too now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Marklar posted:

“The numbers are showing a little bit.”

Having to listen to the Devils broadcast tonight was torture. Does Dayneko get drunk during the games?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gotta do something to keep yourself in the league when you loving suck.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

This rules so much

https://x.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1709564699329573154?s=20

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

“Everyone’s most beloved analytics darling has finally reached the summit, the ultimate goal for a numbers-driven team. The Carolina Hurricanes are the preseason Presidents’ Trophy favorites. Bask in the glory, calculator crowd, you’ve done it.”

“More important though is the number to the far right: 15 percent. That’s Edmonton’s chances of winning it all, the highest of any team by a considerable margin; five percentage points. The Oilers are not just a contender, they’re the Stanley Cup favorite, period.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

If he'd care to put his money where his model is, I'll be very happy to lay 6 to 1 that the Edmonton Oilers will not win the Stanley Cup.