Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dongicus posted:

just became an uncle lol

Well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Dongicus posted:

just became an uncle lol

what kind of uncle are you planning on being? It's good to have a build mapped out ahead of time

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gamer uncle. maybe. i should hit the freakin wiki

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
congrats, I remember when my first niece was born. It's awesome

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
congratulations. the word "avuncular" is super fun.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

uncles rise up

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Uncle Games

wait a minute...

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
gratz unc d

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dongicus posted:

gamer uncle. maybe. i should hit the freakin wiki

Toddlers love playing Bloodborne. That's my only pointer.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Spent last Thanksgiving losing to my nephew in CoD. Looking forward to doing it again this year. Being Gamer Uncle kicks rear end.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

If you've never had a two-year-old turn to you and pat your arm and say with deep condescension, "It all right, Aunty. It only a game." then you haven't lived.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

HopperUK posted:

If you've never had a two-year-old turn to you and pat your arm and say with deep condescension, "It all right, Aunty. It only a game." then you haven't lived.

lmao brutal

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

HopperUK posted:

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HopperUK posted:

lol you got skill issued by a 2yo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol you got skill issued by a 2yo

constantly TBH

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

avuncles ftw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
never been more proud than when my nephew owned me at smash ultimate congrats

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

HopperUK posted:

lmao

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

my six year old nephew is fascinated when he watches me play MW5

he also really likes the new Rune Factory

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m gonna play my 7-year-old nephew at chess for the first time next weekend at thanksgiving, and since I haven’t played in 25 years he is going to wipe the board with me. very much looking forward to it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Subjunctive posted:

I’m gonna play my 7-year-old nephew at chess for the first time next weekend at thanksgiving, and since I haven’t played in 25 years he is going to wipe the board with me. very much looking forward to it

I haven't lost once to my teenage nephew yet, but there was already one draw. The fear of losing to a child is so strong, I'm doing daily puzzles on chess.com now, lol. But I know that when he inevitably destroys me one day, I'll be proud of him.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Introduce your nephews to the hellscape of riichi mahjong

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Paladinus posted:

I haven't lost once to my teenage nephew yet, but there was already one draw. The fear of losing to a child is so strong, I'm doing daily puzzles on chess.com now, lol. But I know that when he inevitably destroys me one day, I'll be proud of him.

I beat my dad when I was 8 and he never played me again

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

I beat my dad when I was 8 and he never played me again

This happened to me with my mum's friend Brian. gently caress you Brian, I was a 12-year-old girl and you were really that goddamn insecure?

He had a really cool set with big sculpted pieces and I wasn't allowed to play again.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Heath posted:

going for bad chiitoitsu and losing 9 times out of 10 when i do it ftw. true gaming

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

going for bad chiitoitsu and losing 9 times out of 10 when i do it ftw. true gaming

this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pointlessly and extremely obviously purging suits to go for an open chinitsu 5 hands in a row

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

my son will be told to git gud until he does

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

HopperUK posted:

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
getting caught by a bad riichi only hand and they flip over 3x uradora FTW

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

always a father, never an uncle :smith:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mahjong tiles make great blocks to build with

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

oh my goddd

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dongicus posted:

just became an uncle lol

oh poo poo congrats!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

HopperUK posted:

lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HopperUK posted:

lmao that kid rules

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Training a younger family member to beat you in a game is a wonderful feeling. For both parties! The first time I beat my dad in chess was very satisfying, and the first time my niece beat me in it was too albeit for very different reasons.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Sadly I feel like I'm missing context here, can I get an explanation?

Also chesstalk I had a couple coworkers that wanted to do lunchtime chess and after watching for a day or two was asked to play. I thought they were doing complex strats to wipe each other out in these attrition things but yeah I just was like "sure, why not" and it was really bad. I should have just declined. I haden't played chess in 25 loving years. I actually just felt really awkward and should have just let demolition-derby chess keep going. :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Heath posted:

I have a cousin who's younger than me by like 18 or so years and she's been playing 3-player Chinese mahjong with her dad since she was a little kid. She absolutely smokes me at the table every Chinese New Year and she's only like 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

HopperUK posted:

owned