Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1709644622756999338?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I still have three survivors to P1 so I'll take it but c'mon, give me something to get excited about again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I still have three survivors to P1 so I'll take it but c'mon, give me something to get excited about again.

They've already said it's nothing but BP through the rest of the year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Given what a pain in the rear end it is to already enter codes on console, I’m not even going to bother with these anymore

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Relyssa posted:

A whole lot of Ghostfaces today, including one that teabagged me quite a lot, led me to the gate when I was the last one left, made a big show of letting me open the gate, then dragged me out and hooked me, teabagging the entire time. Very rude.

I like when people do that because I can punish them with the dash of Whesker. It's always quite funny to have some easy hook/kill because of that.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I like when people do that because I can punish them with the dash of Whesker. It's always quite funny to have some easy hook/kill because of that.

Ghostface was the one teabagging me though, so no Wesker shenanigans could be had.

What's the general consensus on Plot Twist? Worth running over Inner Healing or other such things? I'm always terrified of Deerstalker whenever I try it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

BrewingTea posted:

I'm with Tiny Myers on Visionary. Just because there are 3 generators that are "closest" to each other doesn't mean one of those is the one you should be working RIGHT NOW. You want to break up a bad 3-gen before they're the only ones left, but you don't have to do that FIRST.

I prefer Visionary because it lets me see all of the generators. I don't need Deja Vu because I can see where the bad 3-gens are myself. In fact, I know which generator is best to finish first because I can see, ahead of time, what the next 3-gen will look like.

THANK you!!! Finally, someone to combat the Visionary slander! It's about identifying and stopping 3-gens before they even start, saving my team from themselves!

And yeah, it's not that I don't know where gens are likely to spawn, but it's much easier to build a mental inventory of where they are and what's been done already, especially on a map like Midwich. Plus you save a lot of time being able to beeline directly to a gen rather than going "uhhh idk one is usually right here"

Relyssa posted:

Also first game with flashbang and I got a successful blind, failed to do anything useful with it but it was still funny.

eta: oh my god three of us were using flashbang that poor killer
Proud of you! :neckbeard: And yeah, the key with flashbang is to expect nothing to happen 95% of the time. Like, the humor of loving up is half the point.

I would gladly, knowingly take a lobby with 4 flashbangs. And I would not put Lightborn on. I want to see your banana peels scattered everywhere. Every time I see a Leon I'm like "DO IT!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE A FLASHBANG!!!"

I agree the rift has been grindy as gently caress, even having done most of the challenges. I also hate how many of them were basically inviting my teammates to throw or DC when they don't get it. "Escape through the hatch" ones are always the worst - when I see someone bring a hatch location offering 9 times out of 10 I can correctly guess they're going to sandbag in some way because they want their challenge sooo bad.

But definitely the worst one for sandbagging teammates was 3 Iridescent Unbroken Emblems. Do you know how you get those? By escaping the trial without having gone down a single time. No, not 'without being hooked'. Without going down. Period.

Three of them. :ughh: What the gently caress were they thinking putting that in? Can't imagine how many ragequits that one was responsible for.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Ghostface was the one teabagging me though, so no Wesker shenanigans could be had.

What's the general consensus on Plot Twist? Worth running over Inner Healing or other such things? I'm always terrified of Deerstalker whenever I try it.

It's really good and a part of my build from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEB7vBZfleU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

It's really good and a part of my build from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEB7vBZfleU

Sold, thank you.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Flashbangs have actually been pretty consistent for me as I rounded up "blind the killer X times" challenges. I just drop them during locked animations like when killer is in hit-stun after hitting someone or when they're breaking a pallet that I was looping around, they're like flashlights that don't need to be aimed.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Slapped Calm Spirit into a build, and the very next game the killer was running Ultimate Weapon. I think this one will stay in there for a while.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Relyssa posted:

Slapped Calm Spirit into a build, and the very next game the killer was running Ultimate Weapon. I think this one will stay in there for a while.

I hope this trend keeps up cause I'm hitting the other side of this up taking every chase i get. Using quick gambit for the first time ever!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1709931524697841789?s=20

Changes from PTB should make Skull Merchant a little less terrible to play as...but still gonna be rough.

Also they got the message that the problem with Furtive Chase was the actual perk value, not the duration of it/ease of getting tokens.

And Background Player gonna be great for sabo squads now.

Furtive Chase

We initially increased the terror radius reduction for each token, though many still did not find this a very appealing choice. Furtive Chase will be receiving a rework when the update goes live.

When hooking the Obsession, gain Undetectable and a 5% Haste status effect for 14/16/18 seconds. When the Obsession is rescued from the hook, the rescuer becomes the Obsession (unchanged).

With this new version, Furtive Chase rewards the Killer for switching targets and allows them to find a new Survivor to chase more quickly after hooking.

Background Player

This Perk is most often used for saving teammates, allowing you to get into position quickly in key moments. However, since the Killer’s pickup animation is shorter than the Perk’s duration, it would usually be too late to save your teammate by the time the speed boost ended.

Therefore, Background Player now causes you to sprint at 200% speed (was 150%) for 5 seconds (was 4 seconds) when the Killer picks up a dying Survivor.

This way, Background Player will allow you to cover more distance quicker than before, potentially allowing you to get into position in time to make the save.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
The additional trapper changes are better, still not the best though.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The third update to the PTB will have the Skull Merchant throwing drones at survivors directly. Perhaps they could also be restocked on the map instead of recalled? Idk maybe in those red broom closets they have scattered around.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

These are good changes from the PTB. The AFC changes especially were very needed.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Does the Killer get any kind of notification that their proximity to the hooked Survivor is filling the anti face camping progress bar?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Furtive Chase's change is interesting. Lmfao at the concept of hooking in front of someone trying to body block then slapping them while you have Rapid Brutality, for 10% haste total. YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY FROM ME

Might also be fun with Play With Your Food shenanigans, maybe Game Afoot? :thunk:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

Furtive Chase's change is interesting. Lmfao at the concept of hooking in front of someone trying to body block then slapping them while you have Rapid Brutality, for 10% haste total. YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY FROM ME

Might also be fun with Play With Your Food shenanigans, maybe Game Afoot? :thunk:

I think it's better than it was but not really likely to find it's way into my rotation. 18 seconds isn't really enough to get to a gen and surprise someone.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

I think it's better than it was but not really likely to find it's way into my rotation. 18 seconds isn't really enough to get to a gen and surprise someone.

That's what I thought too, but then I thought about how it's also 18 seconds of 5% Haste. Additionally, Nemesis gets 15 seconds of undetectable when he kills a zombie from Serotonin Injector, and that addon constantly fucks me up on Survivor when I'm not expecting it.

I don't think it'll be super powerful, especially at high tiers, but for mid ranks it seems like it could be a really fun choice in gimmick builds if you like to startle people.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

That's what I thought too, but then I thought about how it's also 18 seconds of 5% Haste. Additionally, Nemesis gets 15 seconds of undetectable when he kills a zombie from Serotonin Injector, and that addon constantly fucks me up on Survivor when I'm not expecting it.

I don't think it'll be super powerful, especially at high tiers, but for mid ranks it seems like it could be a really fun choice in gimmick builds if you like to startle people.

The thing with nemesis is you don't know where he is when he hits the zombie. With this, survivors will know you have it fairly quickly so they'll know if they're close to the hook it's time to vacate.

I think it has potential for some fun but for the most part I think it's got easy counterplay

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tiny Myers posted:

speed hag, I'm gonna make it happen. Lisa goes nyoom

waterlogged shoe

devour hope/furtive/rapid brutality/ ????

fast af

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Kit posted:

speed hag, I'm gonna make it happen. Lisa goes nyoom

waterlogged shoe

devour hope/furtive/rapid brutality/ ????

fast af

PWYF is a must on Waterlogged Shoe/Charred Hand Hag. If I can see you, you're caught.

My most fun match with her was PWYF/STBFL/Nowhere to Hide/Bamboozle to really make sure I had them in chases. Was fantastic.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 5, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

PWYF is a must on Waterlogged Shoe/Charred Hand Hag. If I can see you, you're caught.

synergizes with furtive too so you always have your obsession to chase! I dig it.

devour hope is just a flex and for stacking haste after hooking, could swap it out for something else

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Tiny Myers posted:

I've already been doing that this whole time with Singularity and the purple addon for 5% haste during overclock. Smack a survivor for Rapid Brutality and then slipstream-teleport to them, 10% move speed boost on top of overclock's pallet protection for like ~4 seconds to get the second hit while you're already right on top of them. :cool: Stack the new Furtive with that and in the right circumstances you'd be at 15% haste, so like 130% total? Just 20% still shy of not losing ground at all to a Sprint Burst.

I had originally been running STBFL to combo with it because it makes sense that less attack cooldown means more active chase time for the buff, but then I realized that attack cooldown doesn't actually matter super hard when you're usually going to teleport right on top of the target afterward no matter how long they got to hold W. :x

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 5, 2023

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I just did a Pinhead game where I took Chatterer's Tooth (you can see the box's aura, picking it up does not start a chain hunt but does make you undetectable), Thrill of the Hunt, and Undying, and nothing else. I spent the whole match walking to the box when it respawned and picking it up. The only time I chased or downed people was when they picked up the box.
Before this I set my steam name to "i love my funny box"
I didn't dodge any lobbies before doing this and still somehow managed to find a live streamer with VODs on, and when i went back to take a look it turns out he spawned on top of one of my totems and spent a good 45 seconds trying and failing to cleanse it because I kept picking up the box before he finished and he spent the first 2 or 3 gens super worried about what hex I was defending.

I love loving around like this. Intentionally losing but making them sweat the whole time.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

You guys all have great ideas but you're missing the perk hiding in plain sight.

NOED increases your speed by 4% when it's active. :getin:

curiousTerminal posted:

I just did a Pinhead game where I took Chatterer's Tooth (you can see the box's aura, picking it up does not start a chain hunt but does make you undetectable), Thrill of the Hunt, and Undying, and nothing else. I spent the whole match walking to the box when it respawned and picking it up. The only time I chased or downed people was when they picked up the box.
Before this I set my steam name to "i love my funny box"
I didn't dodge any lobbies before doing this and still somehow managed to find a live streamer with VODs on, and when i went back to take a look it turns out he spawned on top of one of my totems and spent a good 45 seconds trying and failing to cleanse it because I kept picking up the box before he finished and he spent the first 2 or 3 gens super worried about what hex I was defending.

I love loving around like this. Intentionally losing but making them sweat the whole time.
As a Pinhead lover this is loving hilarious, I love that addon and "i love my funny box" is such a good username too. You could also add Ultimate Weapon and Hex: Face The Darkness for additional chicanery. :allears:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

You guys all have great ideas but you're missing the perk hiding in plain sight.

The couple times I've run Speed Hag the survivors didn't come close to completing gens heh

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Them, a gang of flashlight bully squad: Haha, Made for This, you're never going to catch us!

Me, an intellectual: NOED goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

You could also add Ultimate Weapon and Hex: Face The Darkness for additional chicanery. :allears:

See, I didn't want perks that actually did anything. Thrill and Undying make it look like I have a hex heavy pinhead build, and on most maps I can get to the box over and over before a totem can get cleansed with Thrill slowing it down. The crucial part is that is scares them and confuses them up until they realize I'm just jogging back and forth.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbNLlda0D4

Had an absolutely abysmal Singularity match, Rotten Fields is awesome for a killer that relies on walls to stick his seed to.

That said, the ending of the match was epic, I wasn't even mad.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
We should remove boil over, survivors cannot be trusted with it.

Love people with boil over and unbreakable taking me to artists map and running around the top floor.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Theswarms posted:

Love people with boil over and unbreakable taking me to artists map and running around the top floor.

Use Iron Grasp to counter it?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Theswarms posted:

This is part of why I run Agitation all the time now, if not Agitation+Iron Grasp+Awakened Awareness. It just puts an end to that poo poo permanently and some other irritating survivor poo poo.

Otherwise, just slug them and stand there in front of them and let them bleed out. Unbreakable only works once after all, unless they have other perks like No Mither or Exponential. Sure, it means throwing the whole game on your end, but instead of "haha I can run around with impunity" it becomes "laying there bleeding for a few minutes, completely unable to play the game while the killer looks at his phone, until eventually you die and get barely any points for your trouble". If you're lucky the entire team will mobilize to save and you'll get a 4k.

Enough games like that and eventually they'll get the idea to not abuse ingame mechanics, I hope. They do it because it's fun for them. If you refuse to engage it and make it as unfun as possible, they lose their incentive.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Use Iron Grasp to counter it?

I did! I still couldn't reach a hook!

I just gave up, left them there, got unbreakabled and then did it again and they finally bled out and it was such a massive waste of time.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Theswarms posted:

I did! I still couldn't reach a hook!

I just gave up, left them there, got unbreakabled and then did it again and they finally bled out and it was such a massive waste of time.

Slug 'em. They use Unbreakable? gently caress him, slug him again. If their idea of "funny" or fun is being slugged until they bleed out. Indulge the piece of poo poo. Fun! :rolleyes:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

rough games last night, nothing but the same sweat squad three games in a row, always burning an autohaven offering, calling me out, using styptics and instaheals, predropping pallets. Didn't get a single down

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

quote:

When this feature was tested on the PTB, it treated both horizontal and vertical distances equally. However, this had a side effect of detecting Killers on different floors as camping even if the shortest path to the hooked Survivor was rather long. This was especially noticeable on indoor maps such as The Game.

In a later update, the meter will be weighted more heavily toward horizontal distance than vertical. This will make the meter a little more forgiving if the Killer passes by on another floor.

So they do have the ability to differentiate between floors. I have no idea why they didn't consider this in the first place, and I have my doubts about "a little more forgiving" being enough, considering the layout of multi-story maps.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So they do have the ability to differentiate between floors. I have no idea why they didn't consider this in the first place, and I have my doubts about "a little more forgiving" being enough, considering the layout of multi-story maps.

Probably did it initially because they didn't want killers camping on top of the basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Also possible is they just didn't think about that case scenario and so didn't bother to differentiate them. :v: