Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I think all of the NFC West can say gently caress The Cowboys as a united force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kensei posted:

Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees.

The scum of the scum.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

:hmmyes:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It's never a bad time or place to declare that the Cowboys suck and are hated.

Even Cowboys fans are welcome to state such obvious facts. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. And 366 days a year on Leap Years.

The Cardinals are the living embodiment of "gently caress the Cowboys", seeing as how they're 7-1 against Dallas in their last 8 games played.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees.

The scum of the scum.

I hate the dodgers almost as much as the yankees. If it was 20 years ago it'd be the dodgers absolute top of the list. But yankees already second.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Leperflesh posted:

I hate the dodgers almost as much as the yankees. If it was 20 years ago it'd be the dodgers absolute top of the list. But yankees already second.

The problem is those are the 3 worst fan bases of the main N. American sports.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gonz posted:

The Cardinals are the living embodiment of "gently caress the Cowboys", seeing as how they're 7-1 against Dallas in their last 8 games played.

drat that's actually nuts.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Nobody hates LA as much as we northern Californians, lol

I didn't ever really pay enough attention to basketball to care about the Lakers though

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gonz posted:

considering how legit decent the Cowboys have been and how...variable...the Cardinals have been, that's hilarious. also karmic retribution for Cowboys fans dominating their stadium for so long.

Waltzing Along posted:

Cowboys/Lakers/Yankees.

The scum of the scum.

as a millennial, these are the bandwagon fans we are honor-bound to harbor nothing but ill will towards.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Cowboys/Yankees/Lakers/Duke Basketball

Cast them into the heart of a neutron star.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
What a world we live in, where the Arizona Cardinals are the ones we should try to emulate in any manner.

gently caress the Cowboys.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody hates LA as much as we northern Californians, lol

The one constant in Bay Area sports is "beat LA".

One of my very favorite moments in Warriors history was beating the Lakers in a 20-62 season. That ruled so much, never mind that it meant so little.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Waltzing Along posted:

I could see one of those SEA games being the 49ers first loss.

I'm concerned about the Cleveland game because they have rest advantage and because losing to the nasty man would piss me off for weeks so of course it'll happen

If they make it through the next two weeks there's a decent chance they stay undefeated until the Seahawks/Eagles/Seahawks stretch from weeks 12-14

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gonz posted:

Cowboys/Yankees/Lakers/Duke Basketball

Cast them into the heart of a neutron star.

Amen to that.

And yeah I haaaaaaate LA. Nothing brings me more satisfaction when a north cali team beats that fairweather rear end fanbase and their team.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
There's way too much St. Louis Cardinals hate erasure going on in this thread. The Yankees have been laughably terrible for a couple decades; the St. Louis Cardinals are a menace that must be scrubbed from the history books.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Gonz posted:

It's never a bad time or place to declare that the Cowboys suck and are hated.

Even Cowboys fans are welcome to state such obvious facts. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. And 366 days a year on Leap Years.

we moved to AZ in 98, that following season the cards stunned the cowboys in the playoffs. i see it as an auspicious welcome.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

There's way too much St. Louis Cardinals hate erasure going on in this thread. The Yankees have been laughably terrible for a couple decades; the St. Louis Cardinals are a menace that must be scrubbed from the history books.

I was leaving baseball out. As a Cubs fan and follower of best fans st louis, yes gently caress them.

And Ryan Braun.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Special award in "Please shut up" to Stealers fans. They're dying off now that the team stinks, at least.

Papercut posted:

There's way too much St. Louis Cardinals Huston Astros hate erasure going on in this thread. The Yankees have been laughably terrible for a couple decades; the St. Louis Cardinals Astros are a menace that must be scrubbed from the history books.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

JPrime posted:

we moved to AZ in 98, that following season the cards stunned the cowboys in the playoffs. i see it as an auspicious welcome.

After that wildcard loss on the part of the Cowboys that January, Dallas didn’t win another playoff game until 2009.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With baseball included, the top 5 worst teams for me are Pats Chiefs Cards Astros Red Sox, Yankees finally out of it just because they're finally comfortably bad again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People like to have sympathy for Pirates fans but I consider it their karmic punishment for also being Steelers fans

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Benne posted:

People like to have sympathy for Pirates fans but I consider it their karmic punishment for also being Steelers fans

have the pirates been relevant since roberto clemente was alive?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JPrime posted:

1979 (7 years after his death) they won the World Series

In the 44 years since then, they've made playoffs 6 times and gotten past the first round once

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

JPrime posted:

They were pretty good in the late 2000s/early 2010s when McCutcheon was at his peak.

Then the cheap-rear end owner sold off everyone and they went right back to being poo poo.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Yankees didn’t even have the decency to have a losing season in their supposedly terrible year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Waltzing Along posted:

As an Niners fan I have to say I hate Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle, Baltimore and Kansas City.

that's the list. i don't feel anything about other teams

i suppose i'm slightly fond of the chargers and bengals

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
All Niners fans must feel something about the Saints

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

The one constant in Bay Area sports is "beat LA".

This is true of San Diego as well, and it made adjusting to living here so much easier for my Norcal rear end.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

DeimosRising posted:

that's the list. i don't feel anything about other teams

i suppose i'm slightly fond of the chargers and bengals

I honestly have no hate in my heart for either Baltimore or KC

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is this the part where I point out that the Bay Area is not actually NorCal? NorCal and The Bay can agree gently caress SoCal, but they are their own things.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 6, 2023

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The 200 people that live north of the Bay Area are very adamant about that point

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

Anger? Cause I do.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I definitely root against the Saints much harder than I do against Baltimore or KC

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
As a lifelong Northern California resident I've never had any issue with the San Diego teams. In fact, San Diego is my favorite place to vacation in California. I also went to college there, so there's a bit of a bias.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Papercut posted:

Pity.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is true of San Diego as well, and it made adjusting to living here so much easier for my Norcal rear end.

The Chargers get a pass. LDT, Seau, Rivers were all fun to watch.

It also helps that we made Dan Fouts look bad in a Super Bowl.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Papercut posted:

The 200 people that live north of the Bay Area are very adamant about that point

Also no one lives in the US outside of LA and NYC, the rest is towns from old westerns. The Trailblazers also play in the state of "Oreegone"

trilljester posted:

As a lifelong Northern California resident I've never had any issue with the San Diego teams. In fact, San Diego is my favorite place to vacation in California. I also went to college there, so there's a bit of a bias.

I actually agree with this. San Diego is pretty cool city with stupid good food and usually bad sports teams so I can't hate on them.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My hated list is Yankees, Astros, Cowboys, Broncos, Patriots and Steelers

Why yes, I’m a fan of Seattle teams

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I'm still laughing at this Lynch photo when he's asked if he hung out with Wilson outside of work.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
In addition to being a Rams fan, I am also a fan of the much hated St. Louis Cardinals baseball team.

Any time I mention the Cardinals' troubles over the last couple of years to friends, I get the old "shut the gently caress up the Cards need some seasons like this." :(

algebra testes posted:

I'm still laughing at this Lynch photo when he's asked if he hung out with Wilson outside of work.

There's something wrong with you if you don't like this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Oakland's own hating on the Seahawks now that he's no longer employed by them, all is forgiven Marshawn