Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Tempting but if Takara do decide to go all in on Missing Link, I’d rather wait for those versions instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wasn’t there a retro G1 Hound that was supposed to come out? I never saw it at retail, although there are a bunch of Starscreams at my local Wal-Mart.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Xenomrph posted:

Wasn’t there a retro G1 Hound that was supposed to come out? I never saw it at retail, although there are a bunch of Starscreams at my local Wal-Mart.

The retro G1 one?

Transformers Retro G1 Autobot Hound Converting Action Figure (5.5”), Walmart Exclusive https://www.walmart.com/ip/1379068896

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It’s a Takara reveals fiesta!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

xZAOx posted:

Here's the rumor mill:

"According to the people I've talked to what they're hearing was that the pallets that bombshell and bludgeon came on suffered horrific damage. They won't say if it was water, crushing, or something else. Only that they've been trying to salvage what few figures they could but most of them simply are not going to cut it. And they have no ETA of when they'll be able to get more in to replace these so they're just going to cancel all the orders"

I got a message from my local dude saying my Bludgeon preorder was in. Am I gonna have to put this sucker in a safe?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Saw a low res pic of Rhinox and knowing zip about him or BW, was hyped to see a TF with a luscious golden mullet...

..then very disappointed to see a pic from another angle that shows it's just a backplate behind his head.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nodosaur posted:

* https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/10/05...l-images-496027 - Takara Transformers Dramatic Capture Series Nemesis Bridge set, with Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave, Laserbeak, and Decepticon Throne

That's a nice Soundwave, wonder if it'll have the same yellowing issues.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Medullah posted:

The retro G1 one?

Transformers Retro G1 Autobot Hound Converting Action Figure (5.5”), Walmart Exclusive https://www.walmart.com/ip/1379068896

Thanks!

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
If anyone happens across the discount Legacy Scourge that's showing up at Ross and doesn't mind grabbing an extra for a fellow goon, let me know.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The new Transformers comic is out and it's kinda what you expect, yet done in it's own way as well.

The Ark crashes on earth.
Spike's dad is an alcoholic after his oldest son Jimmy blew up real good in a space shuttle launch explosion.
Spike who is dark haired now and lugs around Jimmy's old telescope.
Things are strained between the two, one wanting to forget, the other wanting to remember.
Carly is here! She has black hair as well. Also has one kick rear end van with warrior, wizard, dragon, castle and thunder 80's art on the side of it. Make that into an Autobot Hasbro!
The two go out to look at the stars together, obviously they like one another.
Earthquake takes out the ground beneath them and they fall down into one of the Arks thrusters and take a peek in. Guess what they find.
ROBOTS. Autobots and Deceptions all disabled and smashed.
Jetfire arrives and activates the Arks system to start repairing the bots, and the first one to recover is......Starscream.
Starscream is thankful and then shoots Bumblebee in the head! Yeah, I'm not sure he's going to recover from that.
Jetfire is horrified, he and Starscream tussle and Starscream shoots him. Jetfire has yellow blood/oil
Jazz is about to be domed next when Optimus clotheslines AND suplexes Starscream! Whatcha going to do when the red and blue run wild over you!
It's during this that Optimus see's two strange odd little creatures and protects them even if they're not made out of metal as Starscream begins to fire only
He gets a big boot by Ratchet from behind, bah gawd!
Skywarp is reactivated and helps drag over Soundwave to get fixed next as Ratchet and Optimus take cover
Ratchet packs the damaged Autobots into Optimus trailer as he returns fire
Optimus after surviving an attack from Soundwave finally see's Bumblebee with a gapping hole where a good chunk of his lower head should be. Spike is watching as Prime grieves.
Starscream grapples Prime from behind as Soundwave unleashes Ravage, Spike and Carly push Prime's blaster over to him and he takes out Ravage.
Thundercracker and Reflector are almost put back together but Prime blast Teletraan-1 and the two fall apart once more.
Ratchet and Prime transform and roll out abandoning the ark as Ratchet wonders what the hell are those two things in Prime.
Jetfire recovers bleeding badly and takes after Starscream who is chasing the Autobots and is able to stop him and Skywarp from pursuing due to lack of energy
Jetfire is also very on fire by the end of this, like lot more than usual.
The two, let's see, Hugh Menn's lead Prime and Ratchet to the old quarry to hide away. Jetfire groups up with them in extremely bad shape.
Turns out he had no idea what was going on, he didn't know there was a war, didn't know Optimus was the new Prime or anything. He ask Prime if there is any hope. Prime says he doesn't know, Jetfire dies.
Back at the ark Starscream is frustrated that no one else can be repaired and he's the only one with any good level of energy so he has to go score some.
He does so by landing at the work site Spikes dad is working, Starscream finally notices these little weird creatures and captures Sparks friend who was worried about him.
And promptly pops him like a grape in his hand to a nice squish effect in bloody red.

Overall, I liked it. The art is different from what we got before, it really felt like a new update of the old Marvel Transformers comic where the Autobots were weak and on the run as the Decepticons were in control of the Ark and had the upper hand.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 6, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Interesting early deaths, to be sure.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm guessing Bumblebee will be rebuilt/repaired into Goldbug, faceplate and all

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
but enough about all that, NEW UNITROBORN FIGURES

anomalocaris + hotdog = brachiosaur is extremely obviously the best one, but I like the whale ufo stegosaurus a lot too

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm guessing Bumblebee will be rebuilt/repaired into Goldbug, faceplate and all

If that's the case, it's probably not in the cards right away. In an interview with Daniel Warren Johnson, he said Bumblebee was chosen as the big Autobot death because he's a really recognizable character and Johnson never really liked him, so it doesn't really seem like bringing the character back is a priority. The preview they released for #2 also doesn't have Bumblebee in the pile of damaged Autobots, so they may not even have picked him up. If anything, maybe the Decepticons would repair him, since they're in control of the Ark.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Would be interesting if he got rebuilt as Bugbite or maybe Wasp

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Captain Invictus posted:

but enough about all that, NEW UNITROBORN FIGURES

gently caress, i think i need these

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Would be interesting if he got rebuilt as Bugbite or maybe Wasp

I don't think Daniel Warren Johnson knows who those characters even are. He's mentioned a few times in various interviews that his interest in the franchise is pretty much just G1-centric and that he's focusing on just the classic characters, to make the comic accessible for people who also haven't thought about Transformers in 30 years.

For example, one interviewer asked him about retroactive G1 characters showing up like Drift and Barricade, and he seemed to be aware of Barricade as something from the movies, but had no idea who Drift was. So that's probably a good barometer for where his head's at in terms of the overall Transformers lore.

If I had to guess, I'd say that we probably should only expect to see characters who have enough toys for their tfwiki entries to put them on a separate page.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Yeah I'm gonna need that hot dog

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

if that anomalocaris had a robot mode and didn't just change into legs for a hot-dog dinosaur, I'd buy it in an instant

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Robot Style posted:

I don't think Daniel Warren Johnson knows who those characters even are. He's mentioned a few times in various interviews that his interest in the franchise is pretty much just G1-centric and that he's focusing on just the classic characters, to make the comic accessible for people who also haven't thought about Transformers in 30 years.

For example, one interviewer asked him about retroactive G1 characters showing up like Drift and Barricade, and he seemed to be aware of Barricade as something from the movies, but had no idea who Drift was. So that's probably a good barometer for where his head's at in terms of the overall Transformers lore.

If I had to guess, I'd say that we probably should only expect to see characters who have enough toys for their tfwiki entries to put them on a separate page.

But if Hasbro tells him to use a character, he would have to comply, right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Robot Style posted:

I have a lot of thoughts about this, but I think the thing to do for me is to wait and see how it plays out.

Media is cyclical, and whenever a new person is put in charge they often try to go back "to when it was good." Hell, if they put me in charge of Ghost Rider I would depower Johnny Blaze immediately and make Danny Ketch the primary Rider. Because that was the status quo when I was collecting that comic. I don't really know about all the comics where they've made Blaze the Rider AGAIN and Ketch some kinda... poison elemental?I think Blaze works better as a Stick-like mentor figure who escaped Zarathos's curse and will do whatever he needs to do to stay free.

And some media is run by committee, like Star Wars is/was at points. I really like the feel of the newer Filoni/Favreau stuff, it hits the same buttons the Original Trilogy did.

But you also have the kids who grew up on Clone Wars stuff, which is also cool but in a different way. Their expectations are not the same as mine, and again, that's fine. Filoni and Favreau are doing a great job of bridging the two sets.

TL;DR: have to wait and see I guess.

FAKE EDIT: If Bumblebee comes back he's not gonna have a voice box and they will refuse to learn how to get him a new one.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

TheDK posted:

Yeah I'm gonna need that hot dog

:same:

Brachiosaur was my favorite dino as a kid.

Did I hear someone say Showz store closed down? I'd have figured them to be the place to go for weird bots.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The MSJ posted:

Maybe, but I'm not sure Hasbro is going to demand he use Nautica or somebody like that (as much as they should :smugdog:).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Maybe, but I'm not sure Hasbro is going to demand he use Nautica or somebody like that (as much as they should :smugdog:).

Looking forward to Silverbolt appearing next year but it's the flying wolf with a new toy. And he will fight Tidal Wave, who has a new toy.

Edit:
They rebuilt Bumblebee but as the Animated version, that has a new toy.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

bumblebee doesn't come back, and they dig up his grave looking for his silver tongue to prove that he was actually some kind of space pirate, but the museum caretaker swipes it and hides it in a diorama

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Did I hear someone say Showz store closed down? I'd have figured them to be the place to go for weird bots.

ShowZ is still up and running, I think you're thinking of that extremely web 1.0 site that I can't remember the name of right now

E: For Bludgeon's sake, I kind of wish the Tarn mold had wrist up-down articulation like Skullgrin, or butterfly shoulders. But he can sit seiza really well!

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 6, 2023

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

ShowZ is still up and running, I think you're thinking of that extremely web 1.0 site that I can't remember the name of right now

SirToys?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TheDK posted:

SirToys?

Just checked - yeah it's SirToys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The MSJ posted:

I don’t know if the leash is as tight with Skybound as it was with other publishers. They got that Kirkman clout.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

hopefully, hasbro doesn't make the calls for "okay, you need to feature THESE characters this fiscal quarter." honestly, i'm content with the series only having 10 actively-in-play robots and a handful of humans. i grew up on the marvel g1 comics, where every issue was like "and here are the 1988 headmasters! and also the triggerbots! and also the firecons! and now let us never mention them again. next issue: the seacons! guess what kind of long term plans we have for THEM!" i'm much more in favor of "tiny cast and having lots of breathing room to do meaningful things with them" than "giant cast and everyone is fighting for space, or worse, is just a cog in a giant stupid jonathan hickman diagram."

i haven't read any of the 2000s/2010s idw stuff and, to be perfectly honest, i'm not interested in reading it. (this is not a knock on people who enjoy it, i just feel no impetus to engage with it at all.) i think i'm pretty much on the same wavelength as daniel warren johnson as far as "uhhh drift is the ninja guy, right?" -- which, tbh, is what got me to pick up this comic book at all instead of going "oh, well, that's nice for the people who are into that" and moving on

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Phy posted:

E: For Bludgeon's sake, I kind of wish the Tarn mold had wrist up-down articulation like Skullgrin, or butterfly shoulders. But he can sit seiza really well!

That's a real nice devotee of Metallikato .

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

also dwj can really fuckin draw transformers, bless that boy

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm annoyed. Core Snarl was supposed to release last weekend on Amazon.ca, but a few days after they said he would arrive on Wednesday, I get an email saying "Whoops, we don't know when he'll ship out or when we'll get him back in stock" and he's been delisted on the site proper. How am I supposed to make the chunky Dinoking without the leg?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Randalor posted:

I'm annoyed. Core Snarl was supposed to release last weekend on Amazon.ca, but a few days after they said he would arrive on Wednesday, I get an email saying "Whoops, we don't know when he'll ship out or when we'll get him back in stock" and he's been delisted on the site proper. How am I supposed to make the chunky Dinoking without the leg?

They are all over the place here in NC if you want to pay double for shipping to get one!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
MP Rhinox has some interesting kibble

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1710385782341423381

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Another homerun from TransArt

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
drat he looks awesome.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, look at those cheeks...

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The latest TA is objectively their best release, I think. The plastic is a huge step up from all their other stuff plus it keeps what they're great at (amazing paint, simple transformation, high screen accuracy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Yeah, look at those cheeks...

He must work out