Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
I got a big gift card to the Lego store- if I break up my order into smaller $50 orders, can I get multiple Halloween fun packs? Is that a questionable idea because there’s going to be a witch gift later this month?
e: ah, maybe I’ve got enough to get a spooky pack now and one of the witch/pirate cove/steamboat willie a little later. minmaxxing

prisoner of waffles fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
If you do multiple orders you should get multiple GWPs according to individual order amount yeah

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What was the date for double points, witch and pirate thing. Was that the 10th?

Yes, so the 9th at 9pm for west coasters. The rumored threshold for everything is $130, so the Viking Village would do it all in one shot, if you want that one.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I got a bonus from work so I almost pulled the trigger on the Titanic, which I still really want, but I realized I could get like 4 good sets for that money. So I started with the Ecto-1 and Space Shuttle. I was really torn between getting the Concorde or the Shuttle, and who am I kidding, I'll probably buy the Concorde after I finish these. I am loving adult Lego.

I'm extra excited because my senior-in-college daughter talked me into the Ecto-1 because Halloween is coming and wants to build some of it on Saturday.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I built the Magic Maze. It's not very good. I mean as a play thing. It looks like it would be fun but it's not. It doesn't work. I feel like the early reviews probably said as much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Glad I didn't get it then. Once I looked at it more, I was hesitant about how interesting it would even be and how well it would work.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LloydDobler posted:

I got a bonus from work so I almost pulled the trigger on the Titanic, which I still really want, but I realized I could get like 4 good sets for that money. So I started with the Ecto-1 and Space Shuttle. I was really torn between getting the Concorde or the Shuttle, and who am I kidding, I'll probably buy the Concorde after I finish these. I am loving adult Lego.

I'm extra excited because my senior-in-college daughter talked me into the Ecto-1 because Halloween is coming and wants to build some of it on Saturday.

That ECTO-1 better be built without rust stickers, young man :colbert:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Infinitum posted:

That ECTO-1 better be built without rust stickers, young man :colbert:

And remove the flip out seat and return the ladder to its rightful place!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
animal crossing fabuland

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
No Scoot youfuckinkiddinme???

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Isabelle :3:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Is this real or some AI poo poo

The future is frustrating

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

animal crossing fabuland

Those aren't Fabuland :colbert:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
Where's Raymond

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Resurrecting Fabuland for Animal Crossing is something that never occurred to me, though, lol. I forgot all about Fabuland.

Edit: drat, Fabuland was awesome. I'd love a modern revival with sets that weren't quite so Duplo. That logo is just :discourse:

mutata fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 5, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

maybealabia posted:

Is this real or some AI poo poo

The future is frustrating

Tis real
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1709902163529420803

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

SkeletonHero posted:

Where's Raymond

My first thought, talk about leaving money on the table, everyone's gay for Raymond. And Moleman

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Haha I still can't tell if they're actual mini figs or a game 🙃

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Someone had a huge fabuland display at that convention I went to this summer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seeing that just activated a deep memory and I remembered I had this set as a kid

There is a box.. somewhere with that in it I think.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Oh wow I have one of those boats. Looking it up it was only fabuland, I don't think I ever owned any other fabuland. Neat to know what it's from.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Was Mickey Mouse the last Fabuland?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

My first thought, talk about leaving money on the table, everyone's gay for Raymond. And Moleman

My husband Lobo needs some rep.:negative:

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I was so sure they wouldnt include any of my faves but theres julian right there oh noooo

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

BaconCopter posted:

No Scoot youfuckinkiddinme???

3D Megadoodoo posted:

SkeletonHero posted:

Where's Raymond

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

everyone's gay for Raymond. And Moleman

The_Doctor posted:

My husband Lobo

Mr Phillby posted:

I was so sure they wouldnt include any of my faves but theres julian right there oh noooo

I....was born in the wrong millennium for...whatever is happening.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's ok, that's how I've felt about American football my whole life and I've gotten through it so far.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:

Habibi posted:

I....was born in the wrong millennium for...whatever is happening.

Baby Gronk may be the new Drip King, if he isn't just getting rizzed up by Livvy.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

SkeletonHero posted:

Baby Gronk may be the new Drip King, if he isn't just getting rizzed up by Livvy.

I heard this on my favorite podcast/show a month or so ago and have no idea what it means and at this point I'm too afraid to ask

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Flyinglemur posted:

I heard this on my favorite podcast/show a month or so ago and have no idea what it means and at this point I'm too afraid to ask

Ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape. So if you have 1 astro ape and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new apes.

Tonight's slurp juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Lab Monkes and Special Forces.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Ape holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single ape. So if you have 1 astro ape and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new apes.

Tonight's slurp juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Lab Monkes and Special Forces.

Whatever that was from, it was not from the show I watch so it didn't help lol.

Steve Martin, also a prop comic

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Flyinglemur posted:

Whatever that was from, it was not from the show I watch so it didn't help lol.

Steve Martin, also a prop comic

My man, we are 20th century adult LEGO enthusiasts living in a 21st century LEGO world.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone interested in an OG 6276 Eldorado Fortress? No box, otherwise 100% complete. If so, I can throw it up on SA Mart and we can make a deal. I'm thinking $250 seems a very fair price based on BL and Ebay listings for complete sets.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Flyinglemur posted:

I can explain it but I don't want to. I clearly watch too many zoomers on youtube. The one thing I'll say is it isn't made-up slang, that's real.

In other news, looks like your boy here has hit the big time, officially ripped off by rear end in a top hat, piece of poo poo thieves on aliexpress!

At least it took them a while, I guess. In other content thief news, you can also find one of my very earliest official set mods from years ago, which is kind of lackluster compared to my current standards IMO, also missing all of the stickers so it looks extra dumb, for a ridiculous price:

original:

But at least they have their own models, like this shop, which appears to be a completely... original...

hmmmm

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
You've made it!

The least they could do is get the loving colours right though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Speaking of beautiful Lego cars, is there any good MOCS, and instructions out there, for a modern FIAT 500 at minifigure scale?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Carbo better livestream his reaction to the Lepin / Lugo Factory getting raided and seeing all the weird copies of his models, including attempted sets like the Wild Wild East Saloons, Gun Smiths and The Bank with tnt.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

You've made it!

The least they could do is get the loving colours right though.

The colour thing is down to stuff they had available. When I posted about the (legally distinct from Cyberpunk) Cyber Coffee shop and Diner, the colours were much brighter / darker than their lego counterparts, which is often a sign of a cheaper production process / making tonnes of different plastic toys using the same colours available.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Rumors of the new modular being a natural history museum, €300, 4K pieces let’s gooooo

Placeholder image but still:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wow carbs, I was impressed before but that was before I knew you just ripped off some poor schmuck in China