Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wait the dancing in the moonlight band were british?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

wait the dancing in the moonlight band were british?

Three things.

1) That song is a cover from a 1970's French band called King Harvest.

2) Thin Lizzy did a far better Dancing In the Moonlight based song.

3) When the song got big and was played on the radio, the version used was the Stargate remix, featuring a musician called Stargate*
And I, as a dumb teenager thought they were singing about the TV show Stargate SG-1.

(Doing the Craig David/Jason Durello/Pitbull thing of singing their name at the start of a song.)

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 5, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fridge corn posted:

I sleep in a big bowl of corn flakes with my wife

I'd see a dermatologist about that, frankly.

Normally for breakfast I would always have Weetabix with the occasional foray into Oatibix when I need a little bit of a change. Unfortunately right now I'm in Germany, where the only breakfast cereal is sugar-encrusted muck like Lucky Charms and is quite correctly placed in the candy section. Over here it's sausage and cheese for breakfast, which my German friends have got a laugh out of me calling "die Wurst-Käse-Szenario". So I'm pretty much scrambling for anything resembling bread without either of those two products and hunting down a half pint of milk to wash it down.

Germany does, however, have something the UK chiefly lacks, which is good Turkish pizza hovels. I just ate a very nice 8" sucuk pizza that was made on the spot for me for the princely sum of 6€, and promptly belched the opening bars of Also Sprach Zarathustra in appreciation.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

Three things.

1) That song is a cover from a 1970's French band called King Harvest.

2) Thin Lizzy did a far better Dancing In the Moonlight based song.

3) When the song got big and was played on the radio, the version used was the Stargate remix, featuring a musician called Stargate*
And I, as a dumb teenager thought they were singing about the TV show Stargate SG-1.

(Doing the Craig David/Jason Durello/Pitbull thing of singing their name at the start of a song.)

And as a fourth thing, even the King Harvest version was a cover. A relentlessly poo poo song just being shat out over and over again

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

A poo poo just being shat out over and over again

:britain:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

Normally for breakfast I would always have Weetabix with the occasional foray into Oatibix when I need a little bit of a change. Unfortunately right now I'm in Germany, where the only breakfast cereal is sugar-encrusted muck like Lucky Charms and is quite correctly placed in the candy section. Over here it's sausage and cheese for breakfast, which my German friends have got a laugh out of me calling "die Wurst-Käse-Szenario". So I'm pretty much scrambling for anything resembling bread without either of those two products and hunting down a half pint of milk to wash it down.

Germany does, however, have something the UK chiefly lacks, which is good Turkish pizza hovels. I just ate a very nice 8" sucuk pizza that was made on the spot for me for the princely sum of 6€, and promptly belched the opening bars of Also Sprach Zarathustra in appreciation.

When I worked in Germany (1978) breakfast was fresh hot Brötchen (bread rolls) with very liberal quantities of quark (sort of soft cheese a bit like fromage frais) & honey or slices of cold sausage or cheese.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Could have just assumed this based off their proximity to Jamie Oliver tbf

I mean, it's apt that Toploader only ever came to fame by covering someone else's work. Fits for both Parties really.

I'm fairly certain they were at the last party conference too, I vaguely recall a story about it.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Jedit posted:

*Looks at the muesli he just bought at the market down the street*

Admittedly, there was a good bit of sugary cereal too

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MisraAndrew/status/1709963079990014049

:toot:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
He is so aggressively, predictably Bad At This.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This is all just part of the plan for the disaster capitalists. Run this moronic shill oval office against Truss

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1709824024996442230

Behold the next future Tory MP and minister.

e: And behold, another keith video:

https://twitter.com/Mark_J_Harper/status/1710007786078130286

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That video of Starmer demonstrates that hes an intelligent man, hes someone thats capable of changing his mind. Hes so capable of it that he can do it many times with the exact same issue. It really speaks to his strength of character.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Laurence Fox did a whiny video complaining about the police raid, which isn't worth watching, but he's doing the usual thing about making himself out to be a victim. The good news is that he's talking a lot about potentially having to leave the country :toot:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1710012263803855309

I'm sure Russia would take him. He won't be able to move to the EU that easily, on account of the thing he campaigned for.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 5, 2023

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

fuctifino posted:

Laurence Fox did a whiny video complaining about the police raid, which isn't worth watching, but he's doing the usual thing about making himself out to be a victim. But the good news is that he's talking a lot about potentially having to leave the country :toot:

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1710012263803855309

If hes out on bail they could nick him for this. As farcical as it is and its obvious he doesnt mean it but its still over the line for fleeing the country.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

serious gaylord posted:

If hes out on bail they could nick him for this. As farcical as it is and its obvious he doesnt mean it but its still over the line for fleeing the country.

He's on quite strict bail conditions apparently. He mentioned he's legally not allowed to talk about the ULEZ pirates or whatever they are called, and maybe a few other things, but I was skipping his rambling.

But yeah, flight risk is serious business. He's also editing that tweet a lot, so I screenshotted one of the more incriminating versions and posted this tweet

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1710021933654261768

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 5, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:jackbud:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ULEZ pirates would just be normal pirates as I don't think sailing ships emit much pollution.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Black powder broadsides would probably fail the emissions test, but there wouldn't be a testing centre so who can tell.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

peanut- posted:

It's true though. The land sales are one huge part, but you can't just spin huge projects back up.

Massive engineering teams don't just go on sabbatical for two years. The Alstom factory in Derby that now has no trains to build won't keep it's 2,000 employees - those people will all have different jobs in a year.

The Tories can (and will) salt the earth on this with relative ease.

The way they'll salt the earth is with Euston. No grade separated junction, 6 platforms and sell all the adjacent land to developers. Means you have a corridor designed for 18tph in each direction, plugged into a station that can at best turn around 12 trains per hour. And absolutely no chance of ever improving that.
Plan was to bury a couple of TBMs under Old Oak Common so they could do the final drive into Euston once the station fracas had been sorted. Thousands of years from now, archaeologists will find those.

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Whats a TBM?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Owl posted:

Whats a TBM?

Tunnel Boring Machine.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wait they actually nicked him for the Ulez stuff? Lmao/

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I'm reading it as tactical ballistic missile and refuse correction

british rail is coming back

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DesperateDan posted:

I'm reading it as tactical ballistic missile and refuse correction

british rail is coming back

Turns out Earth is actually Schar's World and this is how it happened.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1709899048470061296

:allears:

Black people can be served at the bar now. Racism is solved.

e: He's 56, so that has to be a maximum of 38 years ago from when he turned 18 - 1985, though probably a lot more recent.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 5, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fuctifino posted:

Black people can be served at the bar now.

Bold of you to assume they didn’t just take the sign down.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Changed to "no BAME persons"

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I just don't get how both Parties are so aggressively loving bad at literally everything.

Is it just really as simple that they're always trying to hide how shittily corrupt and bought they all are, but they're just a bit too thick to pretend to be genuine about anything?

I eat a kefir or gut health yoghurt and a spoon of peanut butter for breakfast. Maybe some fruit or granola if I feel fancy and hungry. Usually a cup of earl grey tea and a pint of water.

Then I take amphetamines and start doing the moves. Mostly in excel. Sometimes in python.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I still don't understand the toast the night before

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Sunak: Cancels Manchester bit of HS2 while in Manchester.
Starmer: Does not cancel The Sun days before going to Liverpool.

Just making GBS threads on everyone from a great height 24/7.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I still don't understand the toast the night before

It's a form of bread to which heat has been applied.

The night before.

I guess the twice-cooked nature technically makes it a biscuit?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Toast has a time limit. You gotta eat it in like I dunno a couple of minutes.

Like not the same but yeah I've brought some ice cream from home, I'll have it after lunch. No that's a puddle.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
you know how sometimes you bake a cake and then the cake just sits there, baked, for several hours and perhaps even days until eaten?

night-before toast works the same way

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
But why would you do that

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i dispute that

toast is hot, or warm

like i guess it could be toasted, but it isnt still toast

toast is a particular thing

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Toast would be cold and the butter wouldn't melt

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i dispute that

toast is hot, or warm

like i guess it could be toasted, but it isnt still toast

toast is a particular thing

What would you call toasted bread that has gone cold out of interest??

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jakabite posted:

What would you call toasted bread that has gone cold out of interest??

poo poo