Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rending on certain weapons isn't a trap anymore too. The only trap blessings I can think of are maybe cleave ones on weapons that already cleave really well like the heavy sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

toasterwarrior posted:

I dunno what that purple lightning poo poo is but holy hell it stunlocks everything save for bosses. psykers on some real cool poo poo with this update

Can be murder on your FPS if you're very close to someone else using it

I feel the charge up attack on it needs a buff as it seems pretty lacking compared to channeling

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

if you just started and are still leveling, reserve final judgement on weapons till you hit level 30. Feel free to experiment and get a general feel for what weapons click right away for you, but keep in mind that any weapon you try out sub level 20 has poo poo all for stats and may just feel bad because of that. As an example, all the Psyker force staves can feel kind of anemic till level 30 since they don't really have any dump stats.

But honestly just experiment and have fun. I love being able to say this but a majority of weapons now are both fun and actually effective, after this patch a number of weapons I considered just bad are now actually good. Revolver included!

Yeah having jumped back on PC where my characters are all mid teens to low twenties in level the jump in weapon quality is very noticeable, also the better controls definitely help a lot as well

Still think Revolvers and Shotguns both need massive buffs to their ammo pools though

Jerkface posted:

general consensus seems to be that Zealot, Ogryn, and Psyker all got nice meaty buffs with fun exciting new things while Vet essentially got nerfed and lacks the kind of cool impact abilities everyone else got. Why didn't they give Vet's keystones? Bolter Vet much worse which is sad thats my most played kit :( Layout of the skills is weird cuz every other class gets easy access to their toughness perks where as vet's are spread out on the tree, and the ammo economy is much worse than the old skill tree and confined to a specific part of the new skill tree which means you're hard up for ammo with most guns. They also changed the ult cooldown to start at its conclusion instead of its activation so you can't chain ults through skillful target prioritization, while also just making it baseline worse overall.

Psyker is craaaaaaaaaazy strong now, which is a very funny role reversal. Psyker getting an auto aim projectile that effortlessly kills elites, specials, and shooters leaves Vet with very little to do lol

I'd say at least for the moment with Veteran the best or at least safest route for talents is grabbing the ones that boost your grenade count and amplify your ammo regain passive*, as well as the ones that boost your deployables and grant you grenade regen, and swap out your default combat ability for the shout with the perk that has it also grant you 50 bonus toughness

*even if it's probably the most pathetic increase in the entirety of the game, yeah wow going from .75% to 1% is such a massive boost, the default should have been 1% and the buffed version like 5% or something

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the funny thing about Vet's ammo aura is that .75 or 1% is the same as what it had before, but they changed the calculations so that instead of rounding up any decimals like .5 to 1, it stores the .5 and gives an additional ammo the second time you proc it.

In practice this adds up a lot, especially for the low ammo pool guns.

I'll need to double check what the old ammo restore % is but as of right now a lot more classes are going ammo starved

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Legit Businessman posted:

I find it weird that gunner resist was the hot poo poo in the start, and now it's not useful, or at least not worth taking :smith:

I think part of it was the rarity of rolling exactly what you wanted, so the resists were decent secondary options since you only had one perk to reroll. They're still by no means bad if you're getting caught out by scab/dreg gunners & reapers. Having some extra curios for maelstrom special spawns like extra mutants or stuff like sniper gauntlet isn't a bad idea as you collect more curios either.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mendrian posted:

* Throwing knives feel like they lack oomph. Like, I chucked three at a gunner and he didn't die. Ammo is in very high demand now so you want to feel like your single target blitz is doing its job. They feel fun to use but they don't kill nearly quick enough.

*There's a talent that's supposed to heal a small amount of corruption every tic, does that work? I didn't see it work once.

The knives do tremendous headshot damage. You gotta skill shot for them to be worthwhile

The talent works but besides what's been said that it only clears corruption from your current wound bar it's also just not all that strong

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

SuperKlaus posted:

The knives do tremendous headshot damage. You gotta skill shot for them to be worthwhile

The talent works but besides what's been said that it only clears corruption from your current wound bar it's also just not all that strong

Thanks yeah.

Is there a Zealot build guide anywhere yet?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I just finished a Heresy mission with 2 grimoires, where the player levels were between 18 and 21 (I am leveling up the Ogryn right now), public matchmaking, no comms. There were moments where it seemed we were going to lose, but in the end everyone reached the extract ship (I was downed 3 mts away lol).
Good poo poo.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

They need an aim assist or they need the option to just behave like other grenades and be equipped then thrown with left click. The current behavior of being thrown when grenade button triggered is awkward without using a controller.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Generic damage bonuses (for example, the Veteran's Bring it Down!'s +25% damage to Ogryn and Monstrosities) apply to Grenades.

Which means that you can get a whopping +75% Damage to the Veteran's Krak Grenade, which appears to deal 5,000 damage by default, causing it to deal somewhere in the ballpark of 8,750 damage to Monstrosities.

It's probably better to save the Krak Grenade for Crushers and the like and just DPS down Monstrosities like every other boss, but still. Fun to think about Them Numbers.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

big cummers ONLY posted:

Been leveling a psyker and while all the changes are good, I am questioning whether a "tree" format for perks was ideal. It takes a loong time to respec, and the tree is so open that I don't see anything interesting coming from selecting a path vs. selecting what kind of skills you want, like the old way. I like that there's more nodes and more choices, and that the nodes and choices are good, but it's a lot of work to swap things around. Compare to VT2 where you pick a class and then have six choices and you're done.

Still a great patch. The game hasn't progressed as far as I'd hoped it would in one year, but still lots of fun. Still desperate for some new visually distinct maps, new objective types, and more exciting finales.

worth noting that you can mutiple builds set up from clicking the big roman numeral I in the talent screen

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kith posted:

Generic damage bonuses (for example, the Veteran's Bring it Down!'s +25% damage to Ogryn and Monstrosities) apply to Grenades.

Which means that you can get a whopping +75% Damage to the Veteran's Krak Grenade, which appears to deal 5,000 damage by default, causing it to deal somewhere in the ballpark of 8,750 damage to Monstrosities.

It's probably better to save the Krak Grenade for Crushers and the like and just DPS down Monstrosities like every other boss, but still. Fun to think about Them Numbers.

That's why you grab the Grenade Regen perk, so you can afford to use grenades as you see fit instead of having to worry too much about saving them for just the right moment

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

the funny thing about Vet's ammo aura is that .75 or 1% is the same as what it had before, but they changed the calculations so that instead of rounding up any decimals like .5 to 1, it stores the .5 and gives an additional ammo the second time you proc it.

In practice this adds up a lot, especially for the low ammo pool guns.

I'll need to double check what the old ammo restore % is but as of right now a lot more classes are going ammo starved

Yeah that was dumb

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
How are people getting 9 wounds on zealot? Most I can see is 7 (2 base, 3 from curios, 2 from faith's fortitude) :confused:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
1 from lower difficulties and I heard you can get a extra from curio's if all your curio is a hidden 1.1 extra wounds that you wouldn't be able to tell by default except the item rating being slightly higher because fatshark, but that could just be rumor, basically the 3 stam/17 tough/21 health of wounds.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Insert name here posted:

I had a good laugh at them adding a passive for +1 grenade... and then reducing the base grenade count by 1 so if you don’t take it you have less grenades than before.

Also yes the +ammo passive being at the almost very bottom of the left tree sucks because unless I beeline straight for it I can't grab it and the +rending passive, which as an autogun fiend I desperately want.

Is the rending passive impactful? I havent noticed it have much of an effect.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Artificer posted:

Is the rending passive impactful? I havent noticed it have much of an effect.

I'm trying a build I'm trying to min/max that is taking every single rending passive veteran has, crushers die in a few seconds.

Would be cool if they let us zoom out the passive tree to see it in a single screenshot but here you go.

Using the Recon Vld with infernus and I can just fire the gun forever and barely have to pick up ammo.

If you have another vet with the ammo regen passive you could swap it and free up a point or two.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 5, 2023

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
new cosmetic pack hit and the theme is Oops! All Krieg

krieg troopers krieg priests krieg psykers krieg ogryns, shovels, gas masks, fascism, you know it baby awoooooooooo

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 6, 2023

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm trying a build I'm trying to min/max that is taking every single rending passive veteran has, crushers die in a few seconds.

Would be cool if they let us zoom out the passive tree to see it in a single screenshot but here you go.

Using the Recon Vld with infernus and I can just fire the gun forever and barely have to pick up ammo.

If you have another vet with the ammo regen passive you could swap it and free up a point or two.

Wait you can make Infernus Recons work again with this? I was gonna use it for my braced auto but drat.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

There's already a mod to squish the giant talent trees into less space: https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/214

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also gonna try more left-side tree since the toughness shout is a bit "meh" compared to what others can do.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Vagabong posted:

worth noting that you can mutiple builds set up from clicking the big roman numeral I in the talent screen

I never would've noticed this without seeing this

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If you're using the Build Editor on GamesLantern, Ctrl+Scrollwheel will grant your wish.

This is what I'm using with the Agripinaa MkVII Combat Shotgun and it slaps pretty drat hard. Buckshot for most threats, Slug for Snipers, Krak for Crushers, Press F To Pay Respects With An Enormous Damage Bonus. I dipped for Suppression Immunity because gently caress it why not :shrug:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

megane posted:

There's already a mod to squish the giant talent trees into less space: https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/214

Thanks, got my mods working again finally and what a difference.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

There's another rending passive on the bottom right tree that you're missing, if your goal is to try and grab all of them

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

ChickenHeart posted:

I feel like differentiating their ults would help - make the Zealot's cloak short in duration and cooldown so they can use it to frequently reposition for that sweet backstab damage, whilst giving the Veteran a longer-running infiltrate and some loner bonuses for shenanigans in the backfield. More bonuses for swapping between your ranged and melee would also help make them feel less like a Great Value Zealot.

edit: Once again, I implore you all to not sleep on the Devil's Claw

I was thinking about that sword tonight in fact, did it get a buff or anything neat? I kinda miss parrying poo poo.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Beeb posted:

I was thinking about that sword tonight in fact, did it get a buff or anything neat? I kinda miss parrying poo poo.

From the patch notes:

quote:

Devil Claw Combat Swords

Massively increased damage and finesse multiplier from Parry special attack, focus on headshotting. Changed so perfectly parrying(blocking within < 0.3s) has massive block cost reduction.
Increased cleave on heavy, higher cleave damage.

They felt pretty good on Veteran so other classes probably claw even more

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Main issue with the devil claw on Zealot is that the heavy sword is rather similar in moveset but it also does way more damage especially against flak. The new parry seems like it could be fun though.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Insert name here posted:

There's another rending passive on the bottom right tree that you're missing, if your goal is to try and grab all of them

I dunno how to choose between going down to the bottom of the shooty tree or getting that extra rend onslaught (or even going deeper mid for the 15% flat rend and more util instead)

I guess it seems like, if you like deadshot, duck and dive is a good combo so that would send you down to onslaught on the right side.

one or two more talent points would really help

one thing I have decided is that if I'm using recon 6, I don't need krak and the shredder frag is actually amazing horde clear

Qmass fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 6, 2023

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

krieg troopers krieg priests krieg psykers krieg ogryns, shovels, gas masks, fascism, you know it baby awoooooooooo

I hate to tell you this, but it's fascism the whole way down.

Every last bit of it. See a cute dog? Fascist.

Lasgun? You better believe it's fascist.

Helmet? Oh yeah, fash.

The humble flashlight? 3 warrants out of the Hague.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

toasterwarrior posted:

I was wondering when they'd uncork that bottle

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

did the patch make the psyker staves that weren't voidstrike good

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I was wondering when they'd uncork that bottle

They also priced it just out of range (2900 funbuxx, iirc) of anyone who had bought the expensive edition of darktide and got 2500 funbuxx for doing so.

It's lovely, in the most annoying way possible.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Insert name here posted:

I might try this passive tree next.

One thing I noticed is that they nerfed executioner's stance severely in this patch, on top of missing a lot of old bonuses while active it no longer recharges while active so you can't have 100% uptime anymore, unsure if a bug or intended while we have stuff like the Psyker having 0 ultimate cooldown.

Goal is just to stack as much crit and rending as possible so that your recon can fire for 20+ seconds without reloading due to all the free shots from crits and by the time you reload you probably refilled most of that ammo from special and elite kills.

Edit: doing further testing in the meatgrinder "exploit weakness" (2.5% rending on crit 16 stacks) and onslaught (2.5% rending on hit 16 stacks) do not stack, AT ALL, so that frees up 2 more points at the top of the tree.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 6, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, final screenshots to clog up the thread with, going to try these trees for the recon Vld now that testing showed the rending passives do not stack and onslaught is more consistent.

And this version if you have another veteran on the team to give the 1% ammo passive.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 6, 2023

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Ciaphas posted:

did the patch make the psyker staves that weren't voidstrike good

Purgatus is a bit better due to dots (like soulblaze) being buffed.

The changes to Rending buff explosives considerably, so Trauma benefits if you use the right blessings.

Surge has been changed pretty dramatically. It hits a primary target for 660 base/1100 crit, then chains to a single secondary target for a fraction of the damage but the same stagger. The charge time is very fast, less than 1 sec and can be further improved with blessings. It’s mostly armor-type agnostic, no longer doing 4x damage to flak relative to unarmored.

They’re all good, but it seems important to choose talents that can shore up each of their weaknesses.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zealot's Chorus ability is fantastic and many ways, genuinely a really good ability. Also discovered the major use case of the corruption healing Aura, getting to ignore having to run through Beast of Nurgle slime. You can watch it visibly heal off the corruption. Hell, you can stand in it a while.

The Chorus also means you can see things like this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1bc8ac2cc18bba&

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Legit Businessman posted:

I hate to tell you this, but it's fascism the whole way down.

Every last bit of it. See a cute dog? Fascist.

Lasgun? You better believe it's fascist.

Helmet? Oh yeah, fash.

The humble flashlight? 3 warrants out of the Hague.

sorry to ruin your "fun"

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
guys did you know in warhammer 40k the humans are fascist

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I feel like middle line/sergeant veteran is the strongest one for me. It's just best used with weapons that have good ammo supply like the normal las rifles. The Plasma gun is a great synergy for the heavy and elite killing extra perks it gives you, and the big damage boosts to both you and your team while being able to replenish the whole squads toughness rules.

One of the perks is just a 2.5% chance to boost your damage for 8 seconds on any teammate kill.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've come to find that if you use the recon lasgun you will grow to despise any Ogyn teammates because they will constantly walk through you while you are shooting everything and since the lasgun doesn't penetrate enemies or allies like bigger guns it becomes an annoyance fast.

Just had a shield Ogyn who tried to roleplay being a Psyker wall, poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Lots of horrible players these days. Makes the game a lot more dicey and fun. And I'm just doing 4s