Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"the matchmaking keeps putting me in with the same players over and over again in Titanfall 2" is not exactly a tough mystery to crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Trip report: people still absolutely fall for the holopilot. :allears:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ninjahedgehog posted:

Trip report: people still absolutely fall for the holopilot. :allears:

I love sending a very obvious slow crouchwalking holopilot out and then getting a sick execution out of it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Watching an entire team absolutely unload on a holo pilot will never get old for me

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

What happened to amped hardpoint?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Insane how expensive this game still feels.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It definitely feels like the work of a team firing on all cylinders. Contrast with most recent AAA titles that either look like poo poo, play like poo poo, are outright unfinished or some horrible combination of all 3.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It legit ruined other fps games for me. Unless I'm playing with some kind of character or class that has an insane amount of mobility I feel like I'm crawling

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

Arbite posted:

What happened to amped hardpoint?

Dude, seriously. It's my favorite game type. If they just killed it, I'll be sad.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Field Mousepad posted:

It legit ruined other fps games for me. Unless I'm playing with some kind of character or class that has an insane amount of mobility I feel like I'm crawling

Titanfall is the true successor to the Tribes legacy: gotta go fast! :blastu:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SlinkyMink posted:

Dude, seriously. It's my favorite game type. If they just killed it, I'll be sad.

They just rotate stuff out here and there. It'll be back in a few days.

That said, I got kicked from every single match last night. I hope that's not a sign of things to come with the servers.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The new game mode, "Otherside", is the name of the third track off of Red Hot Chili Pepper's Californication album.

All of the new game modes have had an easy link to the number 3 so far, and the encoded date in the original "mystery" file is October 20.

Would I lay money on Titanfall 3 being announced October 20? Not a dime. Do I hope Titanfall 3 gets a teaser on October 20th (and not some Apex tie in or terrible mobile game)? Absolutely, with the very guarded hope that it won't be a live services shitpile.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Stop getting my hopes up dammit

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

What's significant about October 20th?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What's significant about October 20th?

The latest Apex patch notes had the following at the bottom:

These are the Unix Date Format for the release dates for Titanfall 2, Apex Legends, and a future date....October 20, 2023.

When the Titanfall 2 servers came back the new "???" gamemode had the tag "Your rockets will blot out the sun" which is from the 3rd wave of Frontier Defense.
Then the next new gamemode also had text from another 3rd wave of Frontier Defense.
Now the latest new gamemode is from the title of the third track on the Red Hot Chilli Peppers 7th album. Interestingly enough, the 20th is around Titanfall 2's 7 year anniversary.

Plus Apex got an "Uphold the Mission" gun skin out of nowhere.

Respawn only has one franchise where the number 3 is meaningful, and they've been swearing for YEARS that Titanfall matters, and they dropped a whole rear end BR out of nowhere previously. So obviously people are getting a bit hot for what this could all mean.

If we're very very lucky, this thread might have something to cheer in just a few weeks.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

and they dropped a whole rear end BR out of nowhere previously.

funny thing about that is someone did leak apex on 4chan like a year before it was announced, with an image of the WIP map and everything, but it completely flew under the radar until it was dug up again after the announcement

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh, well, for the record I don't think it's going to be a complete game. Probably a teaser trailer. And even if they announce it, we have to run the hell that is modern AAA game monetization, which I'm not eager to do.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The latest Apex patch notes had the following at the bottom:

These are the Unix Date Format for the release dates for Titanfall 2, Apex Legends, and a future date....October 20, 2023.

When the Titanfall 2 servers came back the new "???" gamemode had the tag "Your rockets will blot out the sun" which is from the 3rd wave of Frontier Defense.
Then the next new gamemode also had text from another 3rd wave of Frontier Defense.
Now the latest new gamemode is from the title of the third track on the Red Hot Chilli Peppers 7th album. Interestingly enough, the 20th is around Titanfall 2's 7 year anniversary.

Plus Apex got an "Uphold the Mission" gun skin out of nowhere.

Respawn only has one franchise where the number 3 is meaningful, and they've been swearing for YEARS that Titanfall matters, and they dropped a whole rear end BR out of nowhere previously. So obviously people are getting a bit hot for what this could all mean.

If we're very very lucky, this thread might have something to cheer in just a few weeks.

Word, lol, amazing alchemy

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Sorry, I got something wrong here. Those UNIX date codes are release dates for Titanfall, Titanfall2, and Apex Legends. The October 20th date somehow leapt into my brain as important but it's not. The 7 year anniversary is on October 28 and Apex Legends' current season ends the 30th. Apologies.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hype train destroyed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Their adding Blisk top Apex and he's gonna do the floss

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Stringing dates together with yarn, frantically pointing at the wall to “Titanfall 3” written in random letters cut out from a magazine while my wife watches, patiently.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is Subject Nessie the code name for TF3 because it'll never exist as much as I want it to?

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

I swear if they just release a new Apex skin that's modeled after BT or some poo poo I'll commit sudoku.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Can I endure another 10 years of Titanfall related disappointment?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Senethro posted:

Can I endure another 10 years of Titanfall related disappointment?

I've got about as much in Factions disappointment saved up, let me tell you...it hardens the heart

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hey here's some cool stuff they cut from Titanfall 2. Thought y'all might appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg1MLQskpLU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Most sane gaming community

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

How did I not know about how good the multiplayer was in this game, while it doesn’t have jetpacks the insane freedom of movement feels like a spiritual successor to the tribes franchise.

Also I feel like this game would be way more popular if I didn’t have to spend 30 mins researching issues on my brand new pc regarding virtual c++ and missing dll errors, like ok lol

Anyways this is so refreshing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Just a small server with a few folks, I’ll be playing some titanfall on pc tonite and looking for fellows https://discord.gg/fFCSE4pP

Also on the lljk network in game

Dead link is this a goon one or? We have the PSN group chat but I haven’t been checking it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scarabrae posted:

How did I not know about how good the multiplayer was in this game, while it doesn’t have jetpacks the insane freedom of movement feels like a spiritual successor to the tribes franchise.

Also I feel like this game would be way more popular if I didn’t have to spend 30 mins researching issues on my brand new pc regarding virtual c++ and missing dll errors, like ok lol

Anyways this is so refreshing

It had a nice run of free DLC but its launch was essentially buried by CoD and Battlefield, and extended engagement was later decimated by PUBG and Fortnite. TF2 also kind of ends up being a bit too intense for casual players and a bit hard to play long term simply because of how stimulating it is, as in, it doesn't lend itself to the more relaxed and chatty environment of the streamer economy, etc. I have friends I used to play TF2 with and we would all be in the same chat party but it would be utter silence or incoherent mumbles because our eyelids were in the process of being pulled up over the back of our heads by the speed of the game and its constant explosions. Very different vibe compared to how we all chatter casually when playing something like TLOU Factions or Helldivers. Respawn hit the gamefeel nail so hard on the head that it just broke the entire table.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, when I first started playing multiplayer, I thought the game was weird for how quiet chat was. Or that I was weird for not being able to play more than three games in a row without an extended break.

Turns out when the gameplay is THAT good with respawn times that low, nobody wants to type slurs in chat.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 6, 2023

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Yeah, when I first started playing multiplayer, I thought the game was weird for how quiet chat was. Or that I was weird for not being able to play more than three games in a row without an extended break.

Turns out when the gameplay is THAT good with respawn times that low, nobody wants to type slurs in chat.

I can count the number of lovely people I’ve encountered in the TF2 community on one hand. Every game I play is always full of “glhf” and “ggwp” in the chat even after nearly seven years after release.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I will always beat the drum of the smart pistol being a good idea for letting less skilled and intense players focusing on movement feel cool as gently caress even when their score isn’t great. This alongside the escape shuttle end of round system making even a blowout feel better because you pulled one over on the winners by escaping, and grunts letting players contribute to the team even if they usually eat it vs more skilled pilots.

Let less skilled players feel cool

(Also SMGs are too accurate at range)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I love that TF2 is essentially a hip-fire game of old and all the hyper ADS clowns have to play an inherently less fun version of the game

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I loved the TF1 smart pistol, shame it's just a killstreak thing in 2 but I suppose it's understandable. Going nuts wallrunning and mashing left click on TF1 was awesome.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Smart pistol users are without honor.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

John DiFool posted:

Smart pistol users are without honor.

You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bartkusa posted:

You kill me, you're betteh. I kill you, I'm betteh.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I just want people to know that I am not deliberately picking smart pistol, I am using dice roll, damnit.