Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Cyberpunk is still good

https://www.twitch.tv/clip/TangibleLaconicSowDeIlluminati-QMYiJcpmpwB6gN_a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

No that was not very good.

(The link is broken)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

works with video embed tags:

the post is fixed :dukedog:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Apologies for the Insta reels link but this came across my feed and has me dying

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxChoF3MdI2/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxHL01DN7Ge/

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Reive posted:

Been playing Cyberpunk since 2.0 came out a few days ago, I've encountered very few bugs, but the ones I do are gold:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1707785472548757729

Lol

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
A friend was replaying CP2077 after Phantom Liberty released and brought us this screenshot.

Which is, yes, the exact same bystander NPC generated seven times in immediate proximity.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Eh, that checks out. Maybe there was a recent pop hit. The week after Eminem's My Name Is came out it was real hard to walk through the school halls and not find someone with yellow hair wearing a white t-shirt.

e to add: the Enimen marketing team was fuckin on the ball, too, because his next hit, which came out very soon after the first, was a song about how all these fuckin dorks are dressing up like him

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I had an amazing repeating glitch with Cyberpunk earlier. Turns out if you decapitate someone, sometimes it takes a while for them to notice, if at all.

https://i.imgur.com/wGCOeGk.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/dbcXYey.mp4

"Wow, that's a lot of weight off my shoulders, time to dance!"

https://i.imgur.com/KwTNIsr.mp4

Nighty night. :3:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

I had an amazing repeating glitch with Cyberpunk earlier. Turns out if you decapitate someone, sometimes it takes a while for them to notice, if at all.

Nighty night. :3:

It seems to happen with all the instant-kill/KO effects. I've had it happen when I System Collapse people, and someone else mentioned them getting back up after making them commit suicide, but it's definitely a lot more interesting when it makes them lose their heads :stare:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's slightly creepy that after they get their head lobbed off, they just reset and go back to their routine. They don't count as having been killed or even knocked out because they can't be looted so something's funky.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what, it's just a flesh wound.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

PurpleXVI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCdzX4Wx_JY

It starts a bit slow, but this is the funniest Starfield glitch video I've seen.

Lol... they actually did airlocks like Star Citizen.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Stare-Out posted:

It's slightly creepy that after they get their head lobbed off, they just reset and go back to their routine. They don't count as having been killed or even knocked out because they can't be looted so something's funky.

My guess is some kinda rounding error in the instant kill code so they're left with 1HP or whatever but the decapitation animation already went through so the head's gone anyways.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kyte posted:

My guess is some kinda rounding error in the instant kill code so they're left with 1HP or whatever but the decapitation animation already went through so the head's gone anyways.

I won't be able to find the video of it now since it's very old but there was an amazing glitch along these lines from Dishonored 2, where a guard was bisected by a kill animation but for whatever reason they were not flagged as dead by the game, so their legs just kept running around. Also funny was that because the root of the vision cone is attached to their head, said legs were stuck in perpetual "trying to locate the player" mode because they had no way of seeing them.

*edit* aha, I found a video of it. It's not the specific video I was thinking of but it's the same bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/dishonored/comments/g1moho/i_introduce_to_you_guys_the_walking_dead_glitch/

The Cheshire Cat has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Oct 5, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I won't be able to find the video of it now since it's very old but there was an amazing glitch along these lines from Dishonored 2, where a guard was bisected by a kill animation but for whatever reason they were not flagged as dead by the game, so their legs just kept running around. Also funny was that because the root of the vision cone is attached to their head, said legs were stuck in perpetual "trying to locate the player" mode because they had no way of seeing them.

That's fuckin amazing. A game version of the timeless, headless body stumbling around while the head yells at them "I'm on the shelf over here" gag.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
MAX PANTS 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6TE0DUPBM&t=59s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jms0vuNfpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4YI2g-vSTE&t=15s

And, for some classic internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpiUGq2MYnM

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
What is it with pants? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS4dMVn2WKg&t=267s

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I would assume that it has to do something with Inverse Kinematics attached to legs.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I've recently been playing a lot of Baldur's Gate 3, and I have encountered so many bugs. Some notable ones include:
  • Characters regularly T-posing and gliding around.
  • Stuff happening in real-time during supposedly turn-based combat. A couple of times I've had new enemies enter combat during my turn.
  • Clothing and character models turning partially or completely invisible.
  • Unconscious characters being treated as dead in dialogue.
  • Enemy corpses incorrectly getting flagged as friendlies, so looting them counts as theft.
  • Having a torch in your inventory (not lit, nor equipped) can cause flammable materials to ignite. This one took some figuring out, because the first time I noticed it was when I walked into a room that turned out to be full of explosives and thought I'd somehow triggered a trap without ever seeing a perception check. Since then I take care to never, ever carry any torches or candles or anything else that might count as an open flame.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Never had any of these glitches a few on this list are features
NPCs moving in realtime entering the turn based combat zone will join the frey whenever they enter

Looting some faction corpses is theft, and frowned upon, crazy I know

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Tiggum posted:

[*]Stuff happening in real-time during supposedly turn-based combat. A couple of times I've had new enemies enter combat during my turn.

This one's a feature, not a bug. "Turn-based" only applies to characters currently in combat, EVERYTHING else in the gameworld continues at real time, which also means you can run in one character by themselves to start a fight, then snap everyone else over to stealth and sneak up behind the enemy from a different angle while they're facing one guy, and ambush them from an ideal angle.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It's also good in multiplayer. If the whole game went turn-based when someone started a fight it'd be a massive pain to make sure all four players entered the same combats at the same time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Upsidads posted:

Looting some faction corpses is theft, and frowned upon, crazy I know
Yeah, those are the "friendlies" I referred to. Looting your allies' dead friends would be considered poor form, I know. But, for example, when I fought the drider alongside the harpers, looting the drider corpse at the end of the fight was flagged as theft. None of the other cultists who came along with it, just the leader.

PurpleXVI posted:

This one's a feature, not a bug. "Turn-based" only applies to characters currently in combat, EVERYTHING else in the gameworld continues at real time, which also means you can run in one character by themselves to start a fight, then snap everyone else over to stealth and sneak up behind the enemy from a different angle while they're facing one guy, and ambush them from an ideal angle.
I acknowledge that it may not be a bug, as such, since it's apparently how it's designed to work, but it's absolutely nonsensical and inconsistent. Especially with regard to some environmental features having a place in the turn order and others not.

But hey, here's another fun one: After a long rest, characters are supposed to get up and walk to their idle spot in camp. But because the game also autosaves at the same time, the animation often doesn't work. Usually they'll either stand (or T-pose) and glide, but just now I saw Karlach travel to her destination while still lying down, looking like she was being carried off by an army of ants. :haw:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, those are the "friendlies" I referred to. Looting your allies' dead friends would be considered poor form, I know. But, for example, when I fought the drider alongside the harpers, looting the drider corpse at the end of the fight was flagged as theft. None of the other cultists who came along with it, just the leader.

I acknowledge that it may not be a bug, as such, since it's apparently how it's designed to work, but it's absolutely nonsensical and inconsistent. Especially with regard to some environmental features having a place in the turn order and others not.

I think I had the exact same thing happen with the drider corpse. Amusingly enough, when (Act 2 spoilers) all of the Harpers died in the assault on the tower, none of the bodies counted as theft for me.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdz02EDMYqA

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Murdering the concept of playing darts by sucking.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Getting shot for missing a dartboard. I'd be so hosed.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Brandfarlig posted:

Getting shot for missing a dartboard. I'd be so hosed.

Squid Games... IN SPAAAAAACE!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ive had that reaction when people play darts badly near me but the police never backed me up...much the opposite, really

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/PdRxhxh.mp4

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Just another cyberpsycho who found someone else had parked in their spot.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

A friend was replaying CP2077 after Phantom Liberty released and brought us this screenshot.

Which is, yes, the exact same bystander NPC generated seven times in immediate proximity.

I've never had it this bad but quite often walking around I see like three or four copies of that npc in the same crowd, it's quite annoying. dunno if it's something screwy with that one model or just the quite distinctive design makes her stand out more than other cloned npcs

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

"Who knows what you might find" indeed

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I've never had it this bad but quite often walking around I see like three or four copies of that npc in the same crowd, it's quite annoying. dunno if it's something screwy with that one model or just the quite distinctive design makes her stand out more than other cloned npcs
I saw this explained once by a dev, it has something to do with the procgen/random gen. If the game generates one of something it has a higher chance to generate it again to save on memory or something along those lines. Happens a lot in games like this. In SR2 it was very noticeable in cars - you'd be at an intersection and suddenly surrounded by the same purple sedan.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't know how the one on the left is doing that pose but it's very impressive

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

I saw this explained once by a dev, it has something to do with the procgen/random gen. If the game generates one of something it has a higher chance to generate it again to save on memory or something along those lines. Happens a lot in games like this. In SR2 it was very noticeable in cars - you'd be at an intersection and suddenly surrounded by the same purple sedan.
GTA 4 has the batches of cars too. If you swore there was more sports cars in the streets when you were driving one it's because their was.
NPCs had less diversity too on lower settings.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah even in some modern games, NPC variety is a graphics setting because turning it down helps save on memory, but I feel like the weirdness with that NPC in Cyberpunk might be someone misplaced a decimal and she's got like 10x the spawn chance she's supposed to.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Croccers posted:

GTA 4 has the batches of cars too. If you swore there was more sports cars in the streets when you were driving one it's because their was.
NPCs had less diversity too on lower settings.

This has been the same in every 3d gta! There's basically an internal list of cars that spawn depending on what you're currently driving, there's many ways to game what spawns to find what you want, especially useful in 5 when there are rare rear end vehicles that are next to impossible to find normally you have to keep car hopping until you're in the right batch.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

The Cheshire Cat posted:

might be someone misplaced a decimal and she's got like 10x the spawn chance she's supposed to.

Nah, I've had the same thing happen with that one bald npc in a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers and the shortshorts cowboy with no rear end (literally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Reive posted:

This has been the same in every 3d gta! There's basically an internal list of cars that spawn depending on what you're currently driving, there's many ways to game what spawns to find what you want, especially useful in 5 when there are rare rear end vehicles that are next to impossible to find normally you have to keep car hopping until you're in the right batch.

This can of course drive you absolutely insane if you don't know about it and are trying to find a particular car for a mission.