Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nathan Peterman has made over $2 million being the league’s shittiest quarterback, you’d think he’d just gently caress off and retire at this point rather than putting up with the ignobility of being signed and cut by the Bears every time they move someone into and out of IR.

I mean, he's going to be a Offensive coach.

Like that is what he's doing pretty much.

He is the Journeyman QB who coaches love but can't actually play, but is probably really really good on the board. And is young enough and has enough experience in the league where like, he's like the perfect fit for the emergency 3rd qb if something bad happens.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Who was that guy on the Patriots who kept being cut and re-signed every week, a few years back?
Ross Ventrone?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I never thought I'd yearn for Whitehair at center, but here we are

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1710053214135918691

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Fuuuck

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think Peterman will be back next week. They're just buying a little more time to see if they can get anything for Claypool before releasing him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1710058118653120689

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1710058328053669994

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

One of the greatest to ever do it.

https://twitter.com/thedickbutkus/status/1700967555588894866

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Chase Claypool gonna get traded for a 2026 7th round pick swap

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Tiquan Underwood.

How the gently caress is that in my brain.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Butkus just couldn’t stand to see the bears go 0-17.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Must be him, didn't realize it was that long ago but according to his wiki:

quote:

2011 season: Ventrone was signed, promoted, or released 21 times by the Patriots during the season, including eight transactions in November 2011.
2012 season: Ventrone was released by the Patriots on August 26, 2012. The Patriots signed, promoted, or released him 29 times; an ESPN article compared Ventrone to a "human yo-yo."

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://twitter.com/UncleLeek__/status/1710066444216447364?t=BKrrgk-8t-egB6n_pegtSw&s=19

Lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Well, the trade was even worse than even its loudest critics could have anticipated, but at least they didn't drag things out just to try to save face. Maybe we can get Pace back to be the talent evaluation guy and keep Poles as the Asset Valuer and guy who decides when to cut bait on a lost cause.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'll always remember that episode of Murder, She Wrote that he was in

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'll always remember that episode of Murder, She Wrote that he was in

That's OK, but he was in an episode of The Rockford Files with Rob Reiner that is great

Only registered members can see post attachments!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Let's not forget his supporting acting role on My Two Dads.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you like hockey and live in Chicago. Bedard is worth the price of admission. He'll be battling McDavid for scoring titles in a couple years.

Rip Butkus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEHB9cZPSKA

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I can't think about dick butkus without thinking about that reality show where he pretended to coach a downtrodden western pennsylvania high school team

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Danny LaFever posted:

If you like hockey and live in Chicago. Bedard is worth the price of admission. He'll be battling McDavid for scoring titles in a couple years.

Rip Butkus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEHB9cZPSKA

Always love this one because apparently Butkus was on FG blocking duty? Seems weird. Then he shows the ball to the defender is a classic move.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Lucky bastard doesn't have to watch the rest of the season

I wonder if his handlers are still gonna Tweet for him like they did for Herman Cain.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Rivera has more of an argument to win it for 51 than the Bears do.

Rip Butkus. One of the kindest persons ive had the pleasure to meet.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

PupsOfWar posted:

I can't think about dick butkus without thinking about that reality show where he pretended to coach a downtrodden western pennsylvania high school team

For me it's as coach of a co-ed high school basketball team in Indiana. RIP.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

For me its the polite convict in Necessary Roughness.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The bears look like a different team today

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If the secret all along was death, they're coming for Ditka next

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Right? Defense is actually getting pressure.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The o-line is doing their job too!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tell me soon: is this game worth watching while I still have my free month of Prime?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Teven Jenkins is absolutely annihilating guys.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Teven Jenkins is absolutely annihilating guys.

Tev is like legitimately a top guard in the league whenever he is healthy lol.

He just can't loving stay healthy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe Claypools bad vibes we’re holding Fields back

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
That and Herbert is running with some hate in his heart

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

If the secret all along was death, they're coming for Ditka next

I’m ok with that one.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Bears screwing up their #1/2 draft pick combo potential

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kloaked00 posted:

The only way Fields saves his NFL career is if he plays well enough to get them out of the first pick

Because I don't think there is any way that if the Bears end up with 1 they don't take Caleb Williams, but if he plays this well the rest of the year some team will trade for him and invest in him even if the Bears have the 1 from Carolina..

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Quick catch-up:

• EJ Moore reception and pass were textbook beautiful
  • following Moore touchdown was also immaculate
  • Herbert Run also looked great
  • second Moore Touchdown! Way to go fields. Way to go Moore.
  • HUGE PICK BY STROMAN JR
  • Cole Kmet helping to cement it with another TD

As of now it’s half time. Which loving team is this?!?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Kloaked00 posted:

Thats ok.

The ghost of Dick Butkus is helicopter dicking washington right now. But more like thors hammer with a wind up, because...Dick Butkus.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fields just looks so much loving better.

Like he just said gently caress it, If I'm gonna fail, I'm going to fail doing me, and trying to make plays, vs being conservative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have been saying Fields is great, his coaches suck for 5 weeks, and I am thrilled to be right