Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jjonahjonahson/status/1709979363608039784?t=HzHMMdsLufa-b7fg2lnXPA&s=19

It keeps happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I thought Telltale had already gone under and The Expanse was a last hurrah with a skeleton crew?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's a new Telltale. It's like THQ Nordic where another company basically bought the remains and rebranded.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Telltale is just a holding company now, The Expanse was contracted to Deck Nine of Life is Strange: Before the Storm and True Colors fame.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Telltale is just a holding company now, The Expanse was contracted to Deck Nine of Life is Strange: Before the Storm and True Colors fame.

Speaking of, how did the Expanse game turn out? And do you need prior knowledge of the series in order to play it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, how did the Expanse game turn out? And do you need prior knowledge of the series in order to play it?

It's a prequel, and it features one of the characters who is important later in the series
So no knowledge necessary I would assume, but you'd probably enjoy it more having watched the series

No idea if it turned out OK, but Telltale stuff is usually a pretty fun time.

The series is REALLY good if you like a 'realistic' take on sci-fi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Which honestly might be a better long-term structure, since part of why old Telltale crashed was they were developing too much at once all in-house

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/LThanhHao232/status/1709407451815030923?t=5t8JS-5WeskbpRcE786q3g&s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't understand unions and thought being in one meant they couldn't just fire you. gently caress these companies

2023 the final year of gaming

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nah Homeworld 3 is coming in 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shard posted:

I don't understand unions and thought being in one meant they couldn't just fire you. gently caress these companies

Companies fire unionized workers early on to make sure the unions don’t get strong enough to fight back. Often times big retailers will just shut down a store if the workers unionize in order to scare workers at other locations from unionizing

Once a union gets strong enough they can demand things from companies like certain amounts of pay, protections from firing, etc. that’s why companies try to nip it in the bud as soon as they can

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I downloaded Spotify. That’s how people find new music, right? Since magazines don’t come with CDs anymore.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Spotify is old and busted, now people find new music in the background of tiktoks

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spotify is actually pretty bad at helping you discover new music. Their Algo is highly tuned towards giving you the same poo poo over and over even when it barely makes sense. Really gotta go out of your way to discover new poo poo nowadays/.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Spotify is actually pretty bad at helping you discover new music. Their Algo is highly tuned towards giving you the same poo poo over and over even when it barely makes sense. Really gotta go out of your way to discover new poo poo nowadays/.

It asked me to list my three favorite artists so I said Modest Mouse, Paul Simon, and the guy who did the music for Gundam Unicorn. I was pretty disappointed when I saw it made one playlist based on each of those artists instead of a single playlist blending elements of all three.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

the guy who did the music for Gundam Unicorn

Hiroyuki Sawano. Sawano does all the cool poo poo.
Some soundtracks are a pain in the rear end to track down on streaming services though, so GL.

The Promare soundtrack is so good :allears:
https://vimeo.com/632823065https://vimeo.com/632824698
https://vimeo.com/635223886https://vimeo.com/635224293

Also watch Promare, it owns bones

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
wow (lowercase wow), they got Peter Weller back as Robocop in that new Robocop game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Infinitum posted:

Also watch Promare, it owns bones

The night I watched Promare I had another movie I was intending to watch right after as a little double feature, but after watching Promare I couldn't watch any other movies for a couple days because I wanted to keep enjoying the state of having just seen Promare.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Gripweed posted:

I downloaded Spotify. That’s how people find new music, right? Since magazines don’t come with CDs anymore.

I keep a list of albums that have gotten decent reviews on my phone and use a random number generator to choose which one I listen to. That's been a way better source for me finding new music than any of the music streaming algorithms.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shard posted:

Not at all to both statements

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What’s the dark souls of horror games?

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Spotify is near-useless for finding new music. In increasing order of usefulness, I prefer Pandora, Radiooooo, and looking at the live feed of what's getting sold on Bandcamp. Last one game me my favorite album of 2021, by sheer chance.

edit: fuuuuck it just spit this poo poo out at me:

quote:

Across 69 minutes the compilation surfs memory disco, snake-charmer jack, eco-techno, spiral tribalism, diamond downtempo, breatharian house, skyscraper smooth groove, and mystic new wave fusion, riding different waves of the same sea. Rhythm isn't strict and gates don't need keepers. From one life to the 2nd, music will outlast it all.

the album this blurb belongs to? owns, too

also been thinking lately about the soundtrack to Radiant Silvergun, by the guy who did Final Fantasy Tactic's and FF12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdN2WwbOFs

sounds like the end of the world, and the people trying to stop it

Ramie fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 6, 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Video Games Thx posted:

siren (ps2 version)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Video Games Thx posted:

Splatterhouse

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Not going to lie it's going to be pretty weird to get USD in a Yakuza game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Morpheus posted:

I've never been to Hawaii so I'm so excited to finally see it through Yakuza eyes. Need to finish Y3 first though.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Yeah spotify is terrible for finding new music but somehow the youtube algorithm has recommended me some really good stuff on occasion. Even with the random "top 10 post-hardcore bands you've never heard of!!" youtube video I've found some stuff I've liked. You could also go lurk in NMD, there's some pretty good threads there and you'll just find new music organically through word of mouth and giving everything a try.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Imagine if you can get it converted into yen with modern exchange rates

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I went to an arcade that had Ikaruga cabinets in Prototype mode, which I didn't know was a thing

It just means that you have finite ammo that you refill on enemy bullet absorption

It's pretty loving hard lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Video Games Thx posted:

It's dark souls

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

homeless snail posted:

siren (ps2 version)

was also going to say this

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Am I wrong for thinking that Spotify was at one point good for finding new stuff? I feel like I got served a fairly wide variety of stuff at some point now if I put on some rando algo playlist it’s just the same tunes forever.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
On Spotify I always look to see if artists/bands I like have created their own playlists, found a lot of good stuff that way

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Am I wrong for thinking that Spotify was at one point good for finding new stuff? I feel like I got served a fairly wide variety of stuff at some point now if I put on some rando algo playlist it’s just the same tunes forever.

It was better years ago. I think the tech gets stuck in feedback loops partnered with zero incentive to push unknown artists means there's just a constant pressure from the app to filter you towards the most mainstream poo poo. Typical Web 2.0 bullshit.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I always thought spotify was a big step down from pandora, but pandora sucks rear end too now I think

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Sorry to derail the music convo (although hey, just do what I do and organise your own music, ripped from old CDs! Problem solved :v: ) but drat, the 50% off discount sold me on the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remake on Steam earlier in the week.

I've been playing it here and there alongside DRG and wow it's pretty great! They've kept the map layouts and mechanics exactly the same, but it looks so good in the unreal engine. The only downside is that they replaced the :krad: F4U Corsair in the Hanger map with a regular plane, but ah well you can't have everything.
I feel like I'm absolute dogshit at the game again after all these years of not playing, but it's good to shake off the cobwebs all the same. I just need to reinstall Age of Empires 2, Worms Armageddon (and maybe Impossible Creatures for good measure) and I'm reliving my childhood! :D

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Major Isoor posted:

Sorry to derail the music convo (although hey, just do what I do and organise your own music, ripped from old CDs! Problem solved :v: ) but drat, the 50% off discount sold me on the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 remake on Steam earlier in the week.

getting music onto an iphone is an insane pain in the rear end.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I used to use itunes match, do they still offer that?

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

RBA Starblade posted:

I went to an arcade that had Ikaruga cabinets in Prototype mode, which I didn't know was a thing

It just means that you have finite ammo that you refill on enemy bullet absorption

It's pretty loving hard lol

I sucked at regular Ikaruga, but this sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Gripweed posted:

getting music onto an iphone is an insane pain in the rear end.

Ahhh right, my condolences! I use a Fiio DAP for convenience, but yeah if you're using an iPhone... RIP, I guess

EDIT: Here's a link to the appropriate thread btw, juuuuust in case I'm able to pull anyone into the light :D