Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Fuuuuuck, Jivi is a dead man with that type of foreshadowing. At least he'll go out with his hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I hope Sette brings back Pantoffel's happy ghost for one last headpat.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Three pages, don't stop clickin'.

lots to analyze, the final chapter of the book resumes next friday e: i'm worse at maths than duane, the following monday

wonder where boo's bits went

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
You may want to math that a third time.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The chapter breaks have allowed Cope to do an incredible job of sticking to her consistent publication schedule, but man it's rough when we're in the midst of the action like this and it'll be 6 weeks until we get back.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mulva posted:

You may want to math that a third time.

its 2023, no september this year

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Okay, Emil and Pantoffel playing and showing off and herding goats and stuff is just adorable.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Not too much going on to talk about yet, just a bit of a recap and setup, but friendly reminder that Unsounded is back from the scheduled break! The usual chapter cover doesn't seem to be up and there's two pages and the old front page link is gone and replaced by a text link that takes you to page 2 instead of 1 for some reason, so, click forward, I guess? That might get fixed, things just went up right now! I'll put all the links up for now just in case. Anyhow...

https://unsoundedupdates.tumblr.com/

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_01.html

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_02.html

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

LOL. fuckin' Karl is still alive.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The Karl.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Karl has to be alive to eventually get killed by the snake dude whose name does not immediately come to me :v:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Twenty Four posted:

Not too much going on to talk about yet, just a bit of a recap and setup, but friendly reminder that Unsounded is back from the scheduled break! The usual chapter cover doesn't seem to be up and there's two pages and the old front page link is gone and replaced by a text link that takes you to page 2 instead of 1 for some reason, so, click forward, I guess? That might get fixed, things just went up right now! I'll put all the links up for now just in case. Anyhow...

https://unsoundedupdates.tumblr.com/

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_01.html

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_02.html

Page 1 was left as a sort of ending/preview when the break started. At least, I recall reading it back then.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

Page 1 was left as a sort of ending/preview when the break started. At least, I recall reading it back then.

Yeah you might be right, and maybe it's not "broke" or whatever just not set up quite like it used to be and the redirects are weird, so I was just trying to help cover all the bases for everyone.

Agreed though that Karl has an almost zero chance of survival, and if he somehow does it will only be because he gets thoroughly dunked on and is left in a ruined state, his eyes like waterfalls, and no one will be sorry. I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone hears him crying for help from his flooding cell, looks in and sees who it is, laughs and pulls a peace out.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Twenty Four posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone hears him crying for help from his flooding cell, looks in and sees who it is,

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

*with barely restrained glee* oh no how terrible

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ISS THISSS KAARRL?!

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Kill the man! Take the hat!

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

There is no possible way Ruck will not reappear wearing the hat.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

DrSnakeLaser posted:

There is no possible way Ruck will not reappear wearing the hat.

Hopefully with little holes in it for his head hands to stick through

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Karl can rest easy knowing the worst Rucks could do is kill him.

Rucks only wants to drink interesting people; surely Karl is too mid to bother with.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Can't imagine why efheby are called the Enemy of Man.

ruckmearkha owns

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
he's rude

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Honestly, he's a bit much.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
"a bit much" is basically this comic's aesthetic lol

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bad Seafood posted:

Karl can rest easy knowing the worst Rucks could do is kill him.

Rucks only wants to drink interesting people; surely Karl is too mid to bother with.

Ruckmearkha: *drinks every other human in line of sight*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just constantly chewing on Roger Foi-Helleck like an emotionally savory cud

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"Will she gently caress me, friends are laughing, daddy looks way" - STODGE!

loving brutal lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tonight, paper god turns flesh

son of a submariner, he really has been in on the scam the entire time

also, good to see him starting to really cut loose

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Okay, what do we think that dead nameless Ald's story was? Some kind of inter-caste forbidden romance?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Seemed like a pretty standard array of male insecurities: the girl he likes doesn't notice him, his friends are laughing at him, not with him, and he never managed to win his dad's approval.

Rucks seems pretty unimpressed from his running commentary. I assume an illicit romance might've spiced up his dining experience.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

But man has not become Her. Surely she looks on this Second World. Looks and Sees.

Man has become Me.

knife knife knife, yes ha ha yes

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 11, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ruck seems to have some pretty serious insecurities around ilganyag. with his focus on carnal satisfaction he seems like he’d be a satan equivalent if ilganyag wasn’t equally sketchy

the “paper gods become real” line is also one more hint that this is probably going to end with ssael incarnating

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Until recently Ilganyag was still successfully doing the god with mortal followers bit, and even the salt lizard had her lizards. Ruck sleeps in a hole in the ground and just about everyone wants to kill him on sight. No wonder he's got some Feelings about all this.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Maybe Ruck should be less of a giant dick if he wants people to like him.

Also, the fanworks challenge is up, and I mention this solely to point out what should absolutely be the artwork winner: Lego Uaid.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, the fanworks challenge is up, and I mention this solely to point out what should absolutely be the artwork winner: Lego Uaid.
Yo, this rules.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

There's other neat fan-art pieces, as well. I liked the little Ruffles doll.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I dunno, not really feeling Ruckmearkha here. He kinda just comes off as a petulant sadistic pervert, and Ashley already has a buncha those.

Do love the plods studiously cleaning up all throughout the rampage, though.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 13, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

I dunno, not really feeling Ruckmearkha here. He kinda just comes off as petulant.

I just assumed that was the intended effect.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh it surely is; I just feel like we've done this particular villain dance a few too many times in the comic with Starfish, Murkoph, and the like. In previous appearances, Ruck felt a tad more inscrutable, here he just seems like a horny, jealous idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I never particularly really felt like his inscrutability was an inscrutability born of COMPLEXITY, I didn't necessarily expect him to be a jealous horny idiot SPECIFICALLY, but did expect if and when the currents were pulled back, there was going to be something extremely base back there