Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Furious George posted:

This is why every tram should be limited to 2mph and have a man with a red flag walking in front of it at all times, it's the only way to ensure safety

This, and also a New Orleans-style marching band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good instincts from the driver here to keep distance between themself and every car getting in front. Could tell they were playing with fire.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

could actually see he is dealing with elitist assholes

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Kit Walker posted:

I’ve lived in a few cities with trams and light rail and you just treat them like you would cars. If you’re ever crossing the road anywhere, pay attention. Not every crossing is going to have lights or barriers or anything else. Somehow 99.999% of people are able to navigate this without incident. Takes a second to look both ways and figure out if several tons of vehicle are flying towards you before you step in their way
Also while cars in the road could be moving in almost any direction, things on rails tend to only move in one of two possible directions outside of very exceptional circumstances, making it much easier to determine when you are at risk from one and where they might be coming from.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

You have lights for every pedestrian crossing where you're at? That sounds strangely expensive

It's called living in a city with adequate infrastructure, which can definitely be considered a luxury.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Furious George posted:

This is why every tram should be limited to 2mph and have a man with a red flag walking in front of it at all times, it's the only way to ensure safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVcdeOQDVyQ

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fishstick posted:

We have half a dozen distinct tram lines running level with pedestrians in an area full of dumbshit tourists
this has to be Amsterdam. :geert:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s1lu0l2ZWb1r0uzl6.mp4

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Alright, fair enough. I stupidly thought it was regular train just fortunately going slow, not a tram

Anyway this discussion reminded me of this famous street

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oaAjH2nC8

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
What if we just put big inflatable balloons in front of every tram??

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
What if we made being on the trams compulsory, therefore there would be nobody not on the tram to hit?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Antwerp's Opera square, actually

One of the stations:

The Crosssing:

The crossing is in all 4 cardinal directions that double tram rails run, and its all on the same grade and area as the pedestrian walking area. There is like one warning "sound", which is a woman in dutch saying "Opgepast: Tram" at a volume drowned out by traffic. I'm honestly surprised not more people end up under em.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Mr. Crow posted:

What if we just put big inflatable balloons in front of every tram??
I'm just picturing what happens when people of significantly different mass run at each other holding those big inflatable exercise balls, but with one side having even more mass.

I approve this plan.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Furious George posted:

Make it pedestrians as well and I'd be all for it

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I though we already solved that problem?

https://youtu.be/LlyEIaRw010?feature=shared

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Furious George posted:

What if we made being on the trams compulsory, therefore there would be nobody not on the tram to hit?

So a slower version of snowpiercer?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/y63ESyf.mp4

I actually laughed and felt real guilt. Poor little thing...

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

GotLag posted:

I mean, if I was megafauna I'd loving hate humans as well

What's the point is being a massive bastard if you're not going to kill all the tings that annoy you.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I expected it to go like this classic

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Furious George posted:

The Home Depot strategy

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Me trying to beat Spud Webb in 1986

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I once went to a lake with some friends and had a great time. We kayaked on the otherwise empty lake with nothing but the sound of gentle lapping of waves. Spent all day there dicking around and doing whatever we wanted. It started getting into evening and another group arrived at the lake. My friend said “I know who that is. He was the biggest douchebag in my high school and always creeped on every girl” which wasn’t a surprise as the lake was butted up to the tiny town my friend is originally from and everyone knows everyone.

We kept some space between our party and theirs but eventually he got rowdy enough to start driving his lifted bro tank over the sand, splashing water and hooting and hollering and being wreckless.

We got to lay our beach towels down on the sand about fifty yards away and drink beers and watch his truck slowly sink into a lake as he yelled his voice away for two hours blaming everyone but himself and pleading that he had to be at work 2 hours away in the morning. Then we put out our fire and left for the city.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Irish far-right streamer tries to interview an antifascist
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1709582248633061831

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/dexerto/status/1710037141903032549?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

In their defense most iPhone owners should be shunned in general.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Takes No Damage posted:

In their defense most iPhone owners should be shunned in general.

Ok green text haver

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Eh, being unrepentant hypocrites in the face of religious commandments must surely be a traditional practice of EVERY community by now.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Shunning phone havers is well and good.

There are two kinds of people in this world. Avoid them both.

Until next time friends!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who the gently caress found this out and tweeted it?
Some Amish rear end in a top hat I assume

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Large Testicles posted:

Ok green text haver

Bet you walk around in nikes too and persecute the greater adidas

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

freeedr posted:

I once went to a lake with some friends and had a great time. We kayaked on the otherwise empty lake with nothing but the sound of gentle lapping of waves. Spent all day there dicking around and doing whatever we wanted. It started getting into evening and another group arrived at the lake. My friend said “I know who that is. He was the biggest douchebag in my high school and always creeped on every girl” which wasn’t a surprise as the lake was butted up to the tiny town my friend is originally from and everyone knows everyone.

We kept some space between our party and theirs but eventually he got rowdy enough to start driving his lifted bro tank over the sand, splashing water and hooting and hollering and being wreckless.

We got to lay our beach towels down on the sand about fifty yards away and drink beers and watch his truck slowly sink into a lake as he yelled his voice away for two hours blaming everyone but himself and pleading that he had to be at work 2 hours away in the morning. Then we put out our fire and left for the city.
Extremely inaccurate homonym in paragraph two.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

drat y'all will believe anything on Twitter

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I'll do my due diligence when it's actually important, okay? :colbert: When it's just a funny thing online I'll laugh and move on and don't care if it turns out to be fake or a joke because I already got from it what I wanted and you can't take that away.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Samovar posted:

Eh, being unrepentant hypocrites in the face of religious commandments must surely be a traditional practice of EVERY community by now.

Breaking the rules of an oppressive society is good.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Admiral Joeslop posted:

drat y'all will believe anything on Twitter
There's been a few times in this and the IoSM thread where I haven't read a post until after the notes pop in and I've assumed the notes dunking on the tweet are why it was posted.

This was one of those times.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Splicer posted:

Extremely inaccurate homonym in paragraph two.

Whoopsy doodle

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s21k1ee6eP1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s22h7jWa2K1uk10e9.mp4

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 14:07 on Oct 6, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
uhh that looks like a dog getting dragged into a car by something around its neck

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Non Compos Mentis posted:

uhh that looks like a dog getting dragged into a car by something around its neck

I thought it was someone taunting a dog and the dog jumping into the car to attack them, but you might be right. I'll remove it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

freeedr posted:

Whoopsy doodle

I only point it out because it enhanced my reading enjoyment!
OK but from a relative perspective, problem fixed

Splicer has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Oct 6, 2023