Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Some day I hope we find out why Perry decided to state repeatedly in his book that he wished death upon his neighbour, Keanu Reeves.

There's got to be a really fun and juicy story there, I refuse to believe it was just a poorly chosen target for the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

fuctifino posted:

This video is really weird. That sudden on/off clapping at the beginning is just... strange...

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1710021966113992801

This is the fucker who has just struck down a massive long-term infrastructure project and reduced commitments to decarbonising transport. The brassneck of it, to claim that he is focusing on the long-term, what a dick

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is that a moral compass tattoed on his hand?

Looks like it, yeah. Even cringier than when I considered getting the triforce on my left hand.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I was asleep, hello.

Also I just want to point out that I have already been a moderator of a forum and it went terribly so let us hope that it goes better this time.

[two weeks later everyone in the thread, including OwlFancier, has been permabanned]

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"I have no idea what happened. The thread just spontaneously combusted"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

[two weeks later everyone in the thread, including OwlFancier, has been permabanned]

New Mod Keef Stormer takes over and promises to make no changes whatsoever

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oh dear me posted:

I used to like an occasional cigar, possibly because I inhaled.

This is the real sicko poo poo, that IKs need to be taking a firm stance on

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Cake?

It's a loving disgrace.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
One actor pissed all the career opportunities out of his body in just three minutes.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

feedmegin posted:

Do Warburtons still not do their Toastie extra thick bread? They did last time I looked.

Edit: 138 is the number of BLTs I could eat rn made with that bread.

Even the last warburtons toastie loaf I got was at best medium sliced. Broken Britan.

Edit: poo poo. Go to the office for the first time in weeks and I drop back two pages.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait I was just thinking, Guavanaut you aren't listed as an IK at the top of the thread, I assume each time the thread gets remade someone's going to have to re-add all the thread IKs?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Wait I was just thinking, Guavanaut you aren't listed as an IK at the top of the thread, I assume each time the thread gets remade someone's going to have to re-add all the thread IKs?

Is this the IK version of building a pyramid?

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

No, that's supposed to be automatic, but I believe Guavanaut was made IK before the system for thread IKs was fully coded.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

grobbo posted:

Some day I hope we find out why Perry decided to state repeatedly in his book that he wished death upon his neighbour, Keanu Reeves.

There's got to be a really fun and juicy story there, I refuse to believe it was just a poorly chosen target for the joke.

Oh. I thought that was Tom Hanks in that LH pic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/GoldenVision90/status/1709838166906044846

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Cigars can be okay in the right context and and I can see how someone with a palate that’s been melted by years of booze, smoking and spicy food might really rather like them. Single malt is always good though.

Speaking of which has anyone got any recommendations for a new one to try? I like Smokey but I’ve ploughed through all the usual Laphroiag, Lagavulin, Ardbeg range. I really liked Bunnahabhain 12 and that was something a bit different. Really I just want to try something I’ve not really tried before and might make me go ‘oooooooooo that’s new’

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Knappogue Castle is pretty good but the 16 year old is overpriced.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Glenfarclas if you haven't had it, Longrow Red is pretty beautiful.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Drinking spirits neat is gross. Get mixers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ice is a mixer

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Cherry Pepsi Max is better though

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

DreddyMatt posted:

Drinking spirits neat is gross. Get mixers

Never!!! :argh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

DreddyMatt posted:

Cherry Pepsi Max is better though
:hmmyes:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

As highlighted in threads past, try Lidl whisky. Both the cheap and the moderately cheap ones are good because the guy sourcing them is a big whisky guy.

The Welsh One, can't remember the name, is good.

Talisker is always my favourite, super smokey. Talisker Skye also but maybe too much Big Peat.

vv that's the one vv

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chubby Henparty posted:

The Welsh One, can't remember the name, is good.

Penderyn?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Well, that explains why I can get a single malt Islay whiskey for 25 euro every so often.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
drink anything but have a speech prepared for why this batch was the greatest ever made and no i'm not sharing

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Whenever I see people talking about fancy whiskeys I remember that scene from Lost with this quote:

"This is a 60 year MacCutcheon. Named after Admiral MacCutcheon of the Royal Navy. He retired with more medals than any man before him or since. He moved to the highlands to live out his remaining days. This was his crowning achievement. This swallow is worth more than you could make in a month and to share it with you would be a waste, and a disgrace to the great man who made it because you will never be a great man Hume. You’re not worthy of drinking my whiskey. How could ever be worthy of my daughter?"

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

fuctifino posted:

I tried many cigars during my smoking years, and I hated every single one of them. Single malts though?... mmmm... I should buy a mini bottle sometime

DM me your details and I'll ship you a nice bottle of something, you keep me plenty entertained with all your fash baiting in this thread, it's the least I can do.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jakabite posted:

Cigars can be okay in the right context and and I can see how someone with a palate that’s been melted by years of booze, smoking and spicy food might really rather like them. Single malt is always good though.

Speaking of which has anyone got any recommendations for a new one to try? I like Smokey but I’ve ploughed through all the usual Laphroiag, Lagavulin, Ardbeg range. I really liked Bunnahabhain 12 and that was something a bit different. Really I just want to try something I’ve not really tried before and might make me go ‘oooooooooo that’s new’

Caol Ila or Yamazaki

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Whenever I see people talking about fancy whiskeys I remember that scene from Lost with this quote:
It's appeared in a few shows, which led me down the rabbit hole of fictional TV Whiskeys.

I think there's a company who sell it, but i'm guessing the bottle is just made up to look like in the show and the actual contents are diabetic piss.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone ever tried fermenting and distilling diabetic piss?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

A career highlight was being invited to watch open heart surgery, we were hanging out with the perfusionists who are the ones running your body while everything from the neck down is switched off. Part of this is filling bags of potentially diabetic piss then empyting into buckets so half the work has been done for you if you're keen.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 6, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jakabite posted:

Port Charlotte or Bruichladdich if you like smoke. Isle of Arran distillery does a smoked malt as well called Machrie Moor (their other offerings are good as well, if you want something different try their Amarone wine cask malt, Ledaig also do w wine cask malt thats a bit cheaper though and it's also peated).

If you don't like peated Macallan is easy to come by and generally very good quality.

Chubby Henparty posted:

As highlighted in threads past, try Lidl whisky. Both the cheap and the moderately cheap ones are good because the guy sourcing them is a big whisky guy.

This is also a good shout if you are on a budget, Tesco Speyside/Islay are supposedly decent too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Has anyone ever tried fermenting and distilling diabetic piss?

Goldschläger.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no I made the mistake of starting alcohol chat in an SA thread.

All spirits taste like a combo of petrol and mud, hth.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If you want to be a proper Sigma Ultra Gamma Omega anything, a bottle of bucky and 20 Embassy Blue is all you need.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lulz. I see he’s still taking his current circumstances well, despite them all being entirely his own fault.

https://twitter.com/lozzafox/status/1710252222427087006?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I want to know more about the ant plan against the nature of god.

happyhippy posted:

If you want to be a proper Sigma Ultra Gamma Omega anything, a bottle of bucky and 20 Embassy Blue is all you need.
One hip flask sized bottle of bucky = at least 6.2 loko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

I want to know more about the ant plan against the nature of god.

One hip flask sized bottle of bucky = at least 6.2 loko.

You know you’re in a rough part of town if the offie has Bucky in the fridge