Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

GXL posted:

Hello all. I am the Costco PAPR man, I am the voicebox light-up bubble helmet man. This will be my penultimate post in the CSPAM covid thread. I can no longer read the posts here due to the latent threat of revisiting the traumatic experience of the Costco sample vendor incident.

i can't believe this guy is for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That thread is an extremely pro read rn

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GXL posted:

The day of reckoning finally arrived. I got into a fight with a sample tender at Costco. He made a crack about my PAPR as I walked past his cart of little juice cups. I stopped to explain that it was offensive for him to comment on the appearance of a customer. He said that I should wear something else if I didn't want people to talk about me. The irreverence from a store employee was something that I wasn't expecting, and I lost my cool. After I was done yelling and had walked away, a manager sprinted to my cart and pulled me aside to be debriefed on the situation. He was apologetic and said that outside vendors staff the sample carts. I explained that I mostly felt embarrassed that I had engaged with the harasser at all and that I just wanted to finish my shopping. I deliberately avoided that section of the store following the incident, so I don't know what happened to the cart man after that.

Sitting here several hours later, what mostly upsets me is knowing that there's no place in this hellhole world where I am safe. I can go to another Costco, but it will only be a matter of time before I have to confront some other fool who cannot accept an individual making a choice that differs from one they would make for themselves. The medical virus has won, and the social virus has won. The last option available is accepting that every inch outside is a combat zone.

olives black posted:

I legit would have turned his sample tray over

fosborb posted:

seriously, yes, yelling at sample cart vendors is embarrassing and maybe this is more a reflection on me, but I'm legitimately relieved you recognize that

but I have to mentally complete this scene. was the external speaker on?

GXL posted:

Do you think it's fair that I (or anyone else who violates a social norm primarily concerning dress) should be a regular target for public harassment? It takes a lot of discipline to not lash out in retaliation at the people who decide that it's OK for an outsider to be punished for merely being present. I was only embarrassed that I failed to maintain that discipline, and only then because violating it needlessly put me in danger. I'm aware that my participation in passively accepting the abuse only further perpetuates it as being acceptable, but there is never going to be enough support for masking in the general public to make challenging this kind of abuse relevant or wise.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

For how cautious this person is about COVID, they've caved several times whenever their family has pressured them to do some stupid family event like hanging out in front of Disney World the second the lockdown was over. I'm also surprised they don't have any curbside pickup/grocery delivery services anywhere near them since we also live in a gig economy hellscape as well as a plague hellscape.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I’d use the retort that not everyone can afford to have someone else shop for them, but then this guy clearly has the disposable income for darth vader cosplay

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i personally am not going to come down on him for that getup because at the end of the day it's not nearly as dumb as goon_daily_driver.jpg but if you're gonna look like a moonman you also gotta be able to have insults about it roll off your back

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe the sample guy just couldn't hear him properly?

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEFKHVlo0CA

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

my gp has a wooden leg because he cheated on his wife and her dad shot him

Al! posted:

hope that nut was worth it

Grassy Knowles posted:

It was worth a shot

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Was that dude wearing one of those bubble helmet things with the fans?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

The follow up question asking if his external microphone on absolutely destroyed me. What a post.

“One small sample for a man, one giant cheese tray for a Covid doomer goon.”

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If I was the sample guy I'd be mad at him too. Why would you approach a Costco sample table in a getup that ensures you can't eat any samples? It's pure madness.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

wheatpuppy posted:

If I was the sample guy I'd be mad at him too. Why would you approach a Costco sample table in a getup that ensures you can't eat any samples? It's pure madness.

Imagining walking all the way out of costco to lift the mask and try a sample rn then walking back in, calling it mid and asking for another flavor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grassy Knowles posted:

Imagining walking all the way out of costco to lift the mask and try a sample rn then walking back in, calling it mid and asking for another flavor

I'm imagining it and laughing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is that the guy who has the insane light up anti-covid helmet

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Volmarias posted:

The holy Trinity, Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I respect your views, but in my faith we are taught that beyond was their only profit, bath leads to vanity, and bedding was just a sham

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Captain Invictus posted:

is that the guy who has the insane light up anti-covid helmet

It was, RIP king (he retired from posting to avoid reliving the trauma of Costco)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Carthag Tuek posted:

who here can honestly say they were not a dumbass in 2020?
I grow ever dumber with each passing year.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I have trauma from never having been to costco.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
BJ's is better.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Captain Invictus posted:

BJ's is better.

Well yeah who doesn't love a good BJ, but I fail to see what that has to do with bulk groceries.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Well yeah who doesn't love a good BJ, but I fail to see what that has to do with bulk groceries.
Something something your mom something something wholesale prices

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I can only read this guy's posts in the voice of the "do you find something comical about my appearance when I am driving my automobile?" guy from the Simpsons

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
This was the stupidest hazmat I could afford, should I therefore be the subject of fun?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AI is a problem but I gotta say, it's handy for shitposting

Stoatbringer posted:

This weirdo gives me serious uncanny valley vibes.

funeral home DJ posted:

He looks like a GTA3 character that someone tried to render photorealistically.

smoobles posted:

Ran it thru Bing

Captain Invictus posted:

head should be fatter and forehead should take up at least half of it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

AI is a problem but I gotta say, it's handy for shitposting

I don't like this new Will Arnett character.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:lmao:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Other than the towering forehead those AI images are still giving him way too much credit in the looks department.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Antivehicular posted:

I can only read this guy's posts in the voice of the "do you find something comical about my appearance when I am driving my automobile?" guy from the Simpsons

I read them in the voice of Bane from the Harley Quinn cartoon on HBO, they fit his vibe of petty grievance perfectly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lobok posted:

Other than the towering forehead those AI images are still giving him way too much credit in the looks department.
yeah they're more frank west than matt gaetz but the giant forehead is still funny to me

someone else made a series of images of Commander Air Bud-ing his way into the speakership of the house. that's the sort of thing I love AI for, just deeply, deeply stupid things made on a whim.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes. PAPR is this:
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/respiratory-protection-us/products/papr/

I think it's what they use on The Expanse.

Jabberlock posted:

some stupid family event like hanging out in front of Disney World

Like.. with flags?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking of these.

There's another one but it looks more... normal? than these do.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I dont hate the futurama head bubble tbh, i can see some fun things to do with that

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Great for bring your fish to work day.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I was thinking of these.

There's another one but it looks more... normal? than these do.

Yes I wanna look like the bad guys in one piece.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

you’re susceptible to chloroform I’m susceptible to colorforms we are not the same

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Grassy Knowles posted:

you’re susceptible to chloroform I’m susceptible to colorforms we are not the same

omg

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

drat

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grassy Knowles posted:

I dont hate the futurama head bubble tbh, i can see some fun things to do with that

I would 100% pass out trying to hotbox it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Grassy Knowles posted:

nope it's always gonna be