Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It looks like it dispenses smokes.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

It's the same spirit, but 100% self-inflicted.

Zorglub's Zorgmen (who drive Zorgmobiles, wield Zorgbeams, and live in Zorgland) are brainwashed and part of the brainwashing is that they communicate in a coded language that's just reversing the letters of every word (called Zorglang, of course). He failed to take that into account when he ordered them to draw a massive CocaCola logo on the face of the moon.

He learns this as he's doing an Ozymandias-style "I've already executed my plan, behold!". The indelible monument to his failure is what finally crushes his ego.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 6, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao looks like another Russia jet got popped by their own AA again.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

His Divine Shadow posted:

Let he who is sober cast the first grenade

Funny

No one is sober and you know it

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tai posted:

lmao looks like another Russia jet got popped by their own AA again.

Ukraine will really have to look out for that issue as well once they get more aircraft, nervous AA is nervous. :stare:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1710280978306846973
WHAT AIRDEFENSE DOING??????????

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

And I thought it was impressive that the Ukrainians managed to sink the Russian flagship without a navy. Turns out they can shoot down the Russian air force without even needing themselves!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you guys are incorrigible

you complain when AD doesn't work, you complain when it does

https://x.com/NOELreports/status/1710249802175279532?s=20

russians saw british food and came to conclusions

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Alan Smithee posted:

I can believe the Coca Cola part.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I mean British food is generally a crime against humanity but I'm not sure we go that far

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Disco Pope posted:

I can believe the Coca Cola part.

It's like every statement is out of some madlibs/cards against humanity game. They just have a random assortment or words, actions and actors and they just slam them down on a table and then turn it into a sentence. Why are they so loving weird?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Steak & kidney pudding can do that to the unwary. :catstare:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tigey posted:

I mean British food is generally a crime against humanity but I'm not sure we go that far

Here's a better derail, what is British food anyway? Do we only count pre age of sail derived dishes? My only real hangup when visiting is how awful the baked goods can be, not like taste, but why are they all so dry. I don't know if it's the flour, or everything is over baked. I've lost all confidence in the Great British Baking show knowing that Paul Hollywood is up there saying how moist something is and knowing that it's got a texture of sawdust, and anything considered dry is like a mouthful of cinnamon.

On topic, vote is next Thursday for Russia trying get back on the UN human rights council.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

The homonazis steal Ukrainian intestines to make homo food.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Here's a better derail, what is British food anyway? Do we only count pre age of sail derived dishes? My only real hangup when visiting is how awful the baked goods can be, not like taste, but why are they all so dry. I don't know if it's the flour, or everything is over baked. I've lost all confidence in the Great British Baking show knowing that Paul Hollywood is up there saying how moist something is and knowing that it's got a texture of sawdust, and anything considered dry is like a mouthful of cinnamon.

On topic, vote is next Thursday for Russia trying get back on the UN human rights council.

Anything pre new world/colonialism? So no potatoes, tomatos, corn, almost any spice, etc etc

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The only good British meal

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bad_fmr posted:

The homonazis steal Ukrainian intestines to make homo food.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

when they should be making GayTGM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K111_Fagot

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you look at the mexican and japanese weeks they had once in that show and realize that these people cannot be trusted to cook

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Leave Coca Cola out of this, you monsters!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tango alpha delta posted:

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company"

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

It's like every statement is out of some madlibs/cards against humanity game. They just have a random assortment or words, actions and actors and they just slam them down on a table and then turn it into a sentence. Why are they so loving weird?

Cue Cards Against Humanity.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/29/africa/sudan-russia-gold-investigation-cmd-intl/index.html

A good rundown of illegal gold smuggling Sudan by Russia/Russia adjacent groups.

Also some apparent footage of UKR SOF active in Sudan blowin' up Wagnerites, ostensibly there to disrupt the above gold smuggling. With a kind of 'no comment' response from Ukraine.

https://x.com/clashreport/status/1710241167751671844?s=20

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Counterpoint, Britain is apparently the only country on the planet that can successfully produce a fruit cake that isn’t complete anus. Honestly wondering what the gently caress choices are being made in North America that results in the dry abominations they have the temerity to call Christmas cake.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

The only good British meal

And even on that Full Irish or Full Scottish are the superior versions.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Beans are good. That's not part of the US breakfast and maybe that should change.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

tango alpha delta posted:

Why not just say Nestle and make it actually believable?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

beans belong in BBQ

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mr Teatime posted:

Counterpoint, Britain is apparently the only country on the planet that can successfully produce a fruit cake that isn’t complete anus. Honestly wondering what the gently caress choices are being made in North America that results in the dry abominations they have the temerity to call Christmas cake.

Rumless rum cakes due to the legacy of prohibition

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/29/africa/sudan-russia-gold-investigation-cmd-intl/index.html

A good rundown of illegal gold smuggling Sudan by Russia/Russia adjacent groups.

Also some apparent footage of UKR SOF active in Sudan blowin' up Wagnerites, ostensibly there to disrupt the above gold smuggling. With a kind of 'no comment' response from Ukraine.

https://x.com/clashreport/status/1710241167751671844?s=20
Holy poo poo now that's a proxy war.

Better to fight the wankers there than here though, I suppose.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mr Teatime posted:

Countercounterpoint, serve the dried sugared fruit bits and rum separately, everybody wins.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo now that's a proxy war.

Better to fight the wankers there than here though, I suppose.

I question the feasibility for Ukraine to send dudes to fight in Africa.
Could be anyone's secret services with an interest in loving over wagner and covering it all with a slava Ukraine because why the hell not?

Also, I'm eating a very italian pizza with tomato, gorgonzola, walnuts and apples.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Der Kyhe posted:

:monocle: I'm assuming Bubble and Squeak is a sideways reference to :fart:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tafferling posted:

Could be anyone's secret services with an interest in loving over wagner and covering it all with a slava Ukraine because why the hell not?

if you’re blasting Wagner to impair the Russians, and wave a Ukrainian flag, I think you are honorary Ukrainian troops

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

beans belong in BBQ

Let's not get crazy

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Tafferling posted:

Also, I'm eating a very italian pizza with tomato, gorgonzola, walnuts and apples.

My bet is they're not Ukrainians but are flying the flag as to conduct tier one trolling.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Der Kyhe posted:

I see zero potato scones. Absolute joke!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1710352585826222296#m
Another fireworks show started in Sevastopol.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tafferling posted:

I mean, Budanov's response to the video was basically, 'look we already said we're fighting them anywhere necessary'. A few SOF guys are probably a bargain if the end result is being able to disrupt one of Russia's main ways to get around sanctions. Sure they could be back home doing SOF things, but they might be able to help interdict a planeload of gold meant to be able to buy parts for Shahed's.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:thunkin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

LRADIKAL posted:

Anything pre new world/colonialism? So no potatoes, tomatos, corn, almost any spice, etc etc

English food from back then was wild and interesting, though that's also true of other parts of Europe. At least the upper class food, since those were the people who could afford spices and wrote down recipes. It's full of imported spices (things like saffron, ginger, galangal, long pepper, cinnamon etc etc), local herbs, dried fruit, and rather a lot of both wine and vinegar. They didn't really start cutting down on the spices until ... late 1700s, maybe? As I understand it, spices became cheaper and more common, so you couldn't show off to the same degree anymore - so the posh moved on to the still modern "simple but high quality ingredients that speak for themselves" so they'd have something to be snobby about.

The most direct descendant I can think of may be a modern US barbecue sauce; the "sugar, vinegar, every spice in the kitchen, put it on meat" style feels like it'd be completely at home in 1390.